Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

senan s wrote:
    only read the full post now missed that you were looking for mick walsh stuff,

i have a load of his tapes

Stumbled across this thread, I had had some Mick Walsh from around 95 but lost them, wouldn't mind hearing them again if someone would like to post a link......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Read the full thread I posted a link to Mick Walsh a bit back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

god this thread is bringing back some memories!!! used to go to the asylum myself when i was 16/17, had the membership card an all, lost it in a taxi one night, would love to still have it!!! My mates have pics from a few of the nights in there, everyone sitting on the stairs between the first and second floors, the heads on them is just hilarious!! does anyone remember the chinese bloke who used to be in there, was his name johnny??? he was about 60 hopping around like a lunatic!! Met the strangest and soundest people in there but it was well dodgy aswell, walked into the ladies one night only to find two blokes about to kill each other, wheel spinned out of there....There was also a night after the prodigy had played in the Point and a few of them came down from what i remember. Was only in Sides a couple of times but always went back to the asylum, where could you get into a club at 10.30pm for £5 and stay there till 8 the next morning??? A few years later the Ormond was amazing, had some of the best nights of my life in those two clubs and theyve never been repeated...back then the best nights were the ones where all local dj's played, there was none of this Superstar DJ sh*te, paying obscene amounts of money to see some wa**er play a few records for a couple of hours...Im 29 now and not really into clubbing in town anymore but im so glad i had those years when i was a teenager. Me and me mates still laugh about it now and then about the mad nights we had, i miss it in a way, but not the comedowns!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

The Delorme - Beatniks (original mix)

One of Pressure's Asylum anthems! Any oldskool clubber worth his salt will instantly recognise this!!

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2CZ0P8KBF6UC00UPR8MLE3TMT0

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

link does not work mate

• Advertisement

Should be fixed now buddy! ;)

nope still not working

Sorry!!:rolleyes:

Try again!!!:rolleyes:

lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Hehe - nice one. Far too young to have experienced it firsthand but would love to see some more oldschool oddities posted up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

Long since left it all behind but I am having some great memories readin over this tread. I am also downloading some of the mixes and listening to tunes I had completely forgotten even existed. Many a night I spent in the Asylum with a load of lads from Coolock and Bayside. I can only ever remember good things. I know the place was full of trouble but I just managed to avoid all of that and have a great time. I remember some of the excuses I'd be making up going home to me ma at 8 bells in the morning, some rubbish stories were concocted I can tell you. That was another reason why it was successful, parents knew nothing about drugs at the time so they accepted our bull but they do now, they have to be very clued in.

I remember after the asylum closed we bummed around form club to club, the ormond, ufo, etc and then ended up in Tin Pan Alley for a while. That was some mad shop. I saw worse things in there in a couple of weeks than I ever saw in the asylum.

Honorable mention to the county club in dunshaughlin as well. I remember we payed a visit out there one night and had a top night. A bit of bother in Navan later that night still couldn't put a dampener on the fond memories I have of that place.

All settled now but would still love one last dip into the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pogothemonkey

bohsboy wrote:
    The Delorme - Beatniks (original mix)

One of Pressure's Asylum anthems! Any oldskool clubber worth his salt will instantly recognise this!!

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2CZ0P8KBF6UC00UPR8MLE3TMT0

thats not the mix pressure played, mix walsh played that side...

the other asylum mix is well better, thats why pressure kicked micks ass

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

pressure did play that mix, he also played the mix on the other side which is ****e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marcoq

keenc wrote:
    asylum mix pt.2 is this the one which has Sourmash-Pilgrimes to Paradice mixed out of it? if it is This is Decktition – Rise Ep

there are two versions of this track (decktition).
    the one mick walsh used to play is intercepter 17 - alleluya
    or you can get the tall paul rip off on the rise ep.trade recordings

go for the intercepter one!:)

looking to get some of these old mixes from the asylum days.brothers birthday coming up and he use to head there.

can anyone hook me up?
    (no broadband in my area!):mad:

big up the dundalk crew!

any heads on here remember PA`S nightclub in dundalk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭oldstock

mick walsh still cant mix all these years later.
    heard him new years and hes muck:

heard him new years he was muck..
    why wasnt pressure at that gig..
    he is one of the few djs from the asylum
    that can mix as well as warren and dilly..

Belfunk wrote:
    Fantastic :D Anyone of you remember Superman track that used to be played week in week out?
    wicked track mate i have it myself.. its a rare tune... the record doesnt finish it just keeps looping at the end ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

oldstock wrote:
    mick walsh still cant mix all these years later.
    heard him new years and hes muck:

Heh it's funny. When I started listening to Mick Walsh I thought he was a class mixer, but I didn't really know what I was talking about. It wasn't until I heard some of Pressure's stuff, then matured to the Sasha's and the like that I really copped on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gary.s

hi ,this is gary .i have been trying to track down asylum tapes for years.we use to go every saturday.what a place.i would be very greatfull if you could send me copes of the tapes.or if you are parting with them i would take them from you. thaks gary.s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

that is the mix pressure played

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

here's a pressure mix i got earlier from ni old skool don't know wat date its from or nothing pretty good tho i'll put up pt.2 later

DJ Pressure Live At The Asylum

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3S9FI4EOEJ2C10K6VB2L831T4P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Has anyone got any tapes from Sides around 1990/91 or the Olympic around 1992,cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

oldstock wrote:
    wicked track mate i have it myself.. its a rare tune... the record doesnt finish it just keeps looping at the end ..

yeah very rare think only 100 pressed. Seen a copy go on ebay there last year for 80 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

House pressure pt 7 can anyone ID the first track? I know it well can't remember it at all and while im listening to it anyone know the track after it as well?

thanks

Belfunk wrote:
    yeah very rare think only 100 pressed. Seen a copy go on ebay there last year for 80 pounds.

only 100 pressed, where did ya get that from?

oldstock wrote:
    heard him new years he was muck..
    why wasnt pressure at that gig..
    he is one of the few djs from the asylum
    that can mix as well as warren and dilly..

I THINK YOU FORGOT SOMEBODY and you being from Dundalk and even worse going to PA's, and you still didn't mention his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here ya go lads this should keep ya's happy for a while...... ENJOY

side a

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1D6ZYUZTWB1JB239FAXGKBQ9ZG

side b

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=090A2RLUNSLCK1HBZ3144FJ2CN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Liza

Does anybody know who produced the track Take me away played in Sides/olympia and the rest...If So please let me know

Liza wrote:
    Does anybody know who produced the track Take me away played in Sides/olympia and the rest...If So please let me know

mix factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Belfunk wrote:

I'm tempted to dig my copy out of the attic now! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement