Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soaps: All copying each other?

Options
  • 31-12-2005 4:11pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im aware that Soaps like to copy each other, but I think lately its getting to obvious...

FairCity, Corrie and Eastenders.

ALL recently had (and some still have) a story line with under-age sex at the EXACT same time.

In Faircity it was the black african guy (I find his mother the most amusing) and the weird one. Nice job throwing the rock at the Window - kinda obvious to the lads inside who done it..

Corrie (gotta laugh) was the two goths - loved the way they got caught out. What a pair of twats.

Eastenders - The black guy (another black related story line) and Johnnys daughter. Loved the twist on this one, he got PAID to do it. Wait till Johnny finds out :P

What ya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I don't think that anyone would ever copy Fair city.. Fair City do rip all the rest of them off though. The most blatant copying I ever saw was in Glenroe a few years ago, when Mario Rosenstock's character, the doctor, found out that his wife was hiding contraceptives from him. He wanted a baby and she pretended to want one too, but was on the pill behind his back. That EXACT same storyline was in Home and Away a short time earlier, even the conclusion when the husband was going through her purse to find the pills was the same in both cases. I don't know why I remember this, I just thought it was so obvious at the time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think it was Eastenders who started it, then the two others followed suite..

COME UP WITH YOUR OWN STORYLINES DAMIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Erm, Ruby (Johnnie's daughter) is 17. No underage nookie there then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

All the hardcore soap fans would probably still watch it even if the actors sat in silence for half an hour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

17 is the legal age in the UK? Oh right.

Whats it in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

16 in England, 17 in Ireland. Yet you can get married at 16! Go figure.

RadioRetro wrote:
    Erm, Ruby (Johnnie's daughter) is 17. No underage nookie there then.

youre right and isnt louise doyle 17 or 18 too?? the OP stated that FC was running an underage sex storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Ok, so neither are underage sex storylines, but they are both about the females loosing their virginity!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The corrie one was funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ros na Run had a story at the end of last season where Pauline was pregnant and then diagnosed with cancer, so there was the whole dilemma about carrying on with the pregnancy vs receiving cancer treatment. Now we've had almost the same storyline in Emmerdale with Alice & last night I saw Home & Away for the first time in years and there's a pregnant girl in that & she has a heart condition & was advised to have a termination. It seems to be everywhere all of a sudden.....

• Advertisement

The corrie one was funny though.

Such a **** way of finding them together tho. In fairness, your main Craig is a bit thick - no excuses or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

they have all been doing it for years

Yeah...whats the betting they bring a teen pregnancy into corrie again...mm...a baby between Rosie and Craig...if it got its da's looks it'd be ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Oh that David Platt is really starting to bug me.... cheeky little git.

I'm not one bit surprised that Phil pinned him against the wall, I feel like throwing my fist through the TV screen each time I see him appear!!! He is just so cringe worthy! I can't stand him, the way he mumbles out through the side of his mouth, and he speaks with his eyes squinted, as his head is tilted to one side. Bugs me big time......!!!!

OK, that's my little rant over.

He kinda pisses me off too, but not as much as Sophie Webster. Ack, i change channel every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Soap operas are the convayer belt of TV drama eventually they copy each other. Stop watching them.

Advertisement