Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

tdv wrote:

i would take 7 hrs to download that link!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deckie27

Go to an internet cafe ...

anybody got any casper mixes they could u/l plz?

• Advertisement

i have the casper "illusion" tape, i even the the flyer for the gig, Warren K, Ed Case & Tango played at the gig also, MC Sparky(the asylum MC) it was held up in drogheda.

but none of the rest of the casper tapes i have are compared to the illusion tape, to which i have most tunes on the tape, i have alot of casper tapes from 95-97 which are mainly house tapes, funkysensual and all that sort of stuff

************SEE ILLUSION FLYER ATTACHED******************

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭keenc

senan s wrote:
    i have the casper "illusion" tape, i even the the flyer for the gig, Warren K, Ed Case & Tango played at the gig also, MC Sparky(the asylum MC) it was held up in drogheda.

but none of the rest of the casper tapes i have are compared to the illusion tape, to which i have most tunes on the tape, i have alot of casper tapes from 95-97 which are mainly house tapes, funkysensual and all that sort of stuff

Nice 1 Thank You For the flyer,have you got a tracklisting for the Casper-illusion Tape Please?

keenc wrote:
    Nice 1 Thank You For the flyer,have you got a tracklisting for the Casper-illusion Tape Please?

when i get a chance I'll pm you the tracklisting

Cheers!! Thank's:)

• Advertisement

dose anybody have any more asylum or pressure or any old stuff by mark kavanagh from the system?

tdv wrote:
    dose anybody have any more asylum or pressure or any old stuff by mark kavanagh from the system?

mark only played once in the system, so i don't think you'll find many if any tapes from him playing in the system.

keenc wrote:
    Hiya, i am new to the board and came across this post and i wonder does anybody out there have the Mick Walsh Classics Tape would love to listen to it again or Dj Pressure's House 10 Any help or info greatly apreciated,i have loads of dance classic mp3's if you would like to swap and some old mick walsh mixes and pressure but missing the above 2
    Many Thanks In Advance

Peace.....Respect......And Keep It!.....Oldskool :)

only read the full post now missed that you were looking for mick walsh stuff,

i have a load of his tapes

senan s wrote:
    only read the full post now missed that you were looking for mick walsh stuff,

i have a load of his tapes

Yeah i uploaded a few mixes already,but looking for DJ Pressure House 10 Any Chance of you uploading this somewhere or getting a copy of you please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

tdv wrote:
    Whats the name of the track that kicks in about 19:52 and ends about 25:19 on this part?

If my memory serves me correct its "Ceasefire" or something.

Whats the name of the track that kicks in about 19:52 and ends about 25:19 on this part?

Yeah That's Right It's Hardbag-Ceasefire:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

senan s wrote:

Do you have a Casper tape from around '95 - cant remember the name but I know the first track on it was Subliminal Cuts - Drumtrack Melody? Cheers.

Drumtrack Melody -

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IKA5NE1C903X3UGZE5Y7UH8M0

Felixdhc wrote:
    Do you have a Casper tape from around '95 - cant remember the name but I know the first track on it was Subliminal Cuts - Drumtrack Melody? Cheers.

Drumtrack Melody -

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IKA5NE1C903X3UGZE5Y7UH8M0

i'll have a smooch, drumstick melody, i have an ed case tape with it on it

yea its called "hardbag - ceasefire" here it is for you

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VNM2P1GUPQRY3R3EJCGY10RW7

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

lads i have been playing around with the idea of trying to organise one last fling off a night what are your thoughts if you think anything should not be said in public please PM me. i was thinking it could be something really special totally non profit simply about the people and the music. I would love the idea of getting some of the dj's from the scene to give us one last magical night.

Cheers
    TCP/IP

• Advertisement

senan s wrote:
    i'll have a smooch, drumstick melody, i have an ed case tape with it on it

Actually now that you say it I think it was Ed Case, maybe Fireball?

Heres an excellent mix from Warren K from '95. I put this up on nioldskool too so some of you may have already got it.

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=108J0I8032UZZ0BZJE367GFSQA

Tracklisting below too so if any of you know the unknown tunes I would appreciate the names.

1. Unknown
    2. Unknown
    3. Phax Feat Steve Bug - Tritop (remix)
    4. Unknown
    5. Resistance D - Skyline (remix)
    6. Emmanuel Top - Acidphase
    7. Unknown
    8. Eat Static - Lost in Time
    9. Finitribe - Brand New (remix)
    10. Angel Heart - Far Far Away
    11. Unknown
    12. Unknown
    13. The Infinity Project - Stimuli
    14. Unknown
    15. Unknown
    16. Boomerang - Inner Space
    17. Unknown
    18. Unknown
    19. Pump Panel - Ego Acid (remix)

i have the tape alright 74mins long, recording quality not the best

Would love to hear it anyway if you dont mind getting it up at some stage. Gave a loan of it to someone years ago and never saw it again

i got the next tape he made after that one, don't know the name of the tape, real trancey

Would love to hear that too, I got feck all Irish DJ mix tapes from back then. Bought most of mine in that Dan Saunz shop (think thats what it was called) just up by the old Abbey Discs in the Abbey Mall.

don't remember that shop, there was vinyl frontier(which the best for the classic's, i got loads of gems in there", mick walsh had a shop in there too, there was 5 record shop in the mall in total, i got most of my tape in either abbey disc or music power

This shop only sold tapes, dont think it was there for long - Hugh Scully worked there at the time.

Another excellent mix which again I put up in nioldskool.

Billy Nasty - Whos Zoomin Who. 1995

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3I9741PAP6MAS2ELJCDBMUZW1N

Herbal Infusion - The Hunter
    Shi-Take - Perfect Virtue
    Vinyl Blair - Scratch N Sniff
    The Delorme - Beatniks
    Sourmash - Pilgrimage to Paradise
    Shi-Take - Dont Look Back In Anger
    Vinyl Blair - Dope
    Sourmash - Eclipse
    Sourmash - Throwing Caution to the Wind
    Trancesetters - Secrets of Meditation (Zoom Mix)
    Dharma Bums - Wrong is Right
    Shi-Take - Lifeforce
    Sourmash - The Blessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

tdv wrote:
    yea its called "hardbag - ceasefire" here it is for you

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VNM2P1GUPQRY3R3EJCGY10RW7
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement