Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crime in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shidoshi

I didn't get a reply either.

Can anyone tell me when this thing starts and ends? - My letter is well and truly gone......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Eiseart told me he got a reply after 2 days. At the end of mine I asked if I'd be able to go back to CTYI next year (cos I really don't know). It's been almost 2 weeks and nothing. Anyone else not get a reply or am I being avoided. Then again the restraining order might be preventing me from contacting her. Hmmm.

THAT IS SCARY!! Just as I read that, Eiseart rang me!!:eek:

I didn't get a reply either.

Fishie (I think it was you that asked) - The letters came seperately I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I just emailed a second ago. Sort of late notice, but oh well, I'm turning up anyway.

It starts at 1pm and ends at 5pm, with a coffee break from 2.20 to 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I hope two minutes ago wasn't too late to e-mail Catriona about tomorrow and I know several who haven't contacted her at all. We won't be turned away will we?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm going. they better not tunr me away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Missed the talks........ how'd they go? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Talks were boring. Being on campus again with all the nerds was cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I quite liked some of the talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

The first guy was good because he was the first guy. The second guy was good because he was the famous guy. The third guy wasn't good because all his stories came from distant family members. The fourth guy was good because he had some great stories about students taking down the computer system. The lat guy was good because he had a load of props and that whole 'scientist from Flubber' thing going on.

How is it that CTYI can't rent the Hub for us for discos but can rent the Helix for afternoon tea?

Dr. Sheila was there!

talks were good, some people were embarrassing...

• Advertisement

The lecturers or the audience?

Some of the audience's questions were a bit stupid, but at least it was better then the Astronaut talk in 2003, when a kid would ask a question and the kid's parents would look around to see how many people were watching their brainy child.

It's the Centre of Talented Youth, dammit! They're all brainy children! And really, who cares what the possible beneficial effectssunspots might have in the Earth's future in relation to energy usage. We'll be long dead. I'm amazed that the astronaut even entertained such obviously staged questions. Then again, he was American. I'm still surprised that nobody got up and told him that they had made their own spaceship, discovered how to travelled in black holes and found proof of life on other planets while Mummy looks proudly on, watching to see how many people are 'admiring' her know-it-all. It was like the kid on the Late, Late Toy Show all over again. 'When I grow up, I'm probably going to be a scientist, because i've got a very technical mind, blah, blah, blah'.

Sorry, hadn't 'ranted' in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I left after the third and ended up talking to some really hot guy. Tara was there too so I want to discuss with her consequences of our actions on that day.

*Takes out bow+arrow from cleavage and goes-a-Tara-a-hunting*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

That's a rant?Wow.......

Lectures were OK - fair play to Colm, Caitriona and Pamela for organising them, but really did they not figure that most people haven't seen each other in a long time?It was kinda obvious that everyone would have trouble concentrating on the lectures and at the same time ya didn't want to talk over them.

I thought the best was the RTE crime correspondant, hands down and the computer guy coz he really just told us loads of stories about people screwing each other over.

*feels compelled to share Taz's home address*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't kill Tara! She's got purdyful hair!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dragon Master

Wahoo! I went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

LiamD wrote:
    Lectures were OK - fair play to Colm, Caitriona and Pamela for organising them, but really did they not figure that most people haven't seen each other in a long time?It was kinda obvious that everyone would have trouble concentrating on the lectures and at the same time ya didn't want to talk over them.

Yeah... there were people there I hadn't seen in ages but I felt bad talking all the time too... reunions are better.

I got in troouble for plaiting Vikki's hair because "it distracted the people behind us"!!!! FFS!!!

I left after the third and ended up talking to some really hot guy. Tara was there too so I want to discuss with her consequences of our actions on that day.

Er, was that Steve by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

I got in troouble for plaiting Vikki's hair because "it distracted the people behind us"!!!!

And they thought it was my hair she was playing with! Those crazy acedemic organisers. ;)

• Advertisement

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Oh yeah, Steve was quite hot looking that day... Lol, he really appreciated my telling him so :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

LiamD wrote:
    Lectures were OK - fair play to Colm, Caitriona and Pamela for organising them,
    Pamela, that's her name. I'd forgotten it which was bugging the hell out of me, for some reason I thought her name began with a w.

Anyway yeah the talks were good. Saw some people who aren't normally at reunions. Little disappointed cos I thought the computer guy said he'd tell us how to break into other peoples accounts or maybe I'm remembering wrong. Had a bad case of caffeine withdrawl that morning. I can stop anytime I want, I just don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

He did... sort of. With the cryptography thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shidoshi

The talks were very good, but only if you could concentrate long enough to listen.
    I made the mistake of sitting beside the (normally hyperactive) conor flynn on caffine, and thus missed much of everything.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Jack Lynch wrote:

No, I scored Steve in sess 1 04 and I don't like him anymore. He's a sweety and sorta cute but no thank you!

I was talking about this other person who is ten's the sexier. (Sorry Steve!)

Where is that bitch Tara get your drunk-hoe-down-ass over here!

*Brandishes whip again but then realises that it has better uses, so takes out phallic vibrator, realises it has better uses so picks up stones and starts throwing in random directions that one suspects that Tara will occupy*:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

No, I scored Steve in sess 1 04 and I don't like him anymore. He's a sweety and sorta cute but no thank you!

*Brandishes whip again but then realises that it has better uses, so takes out phallic vibrator, realises it has better uses so picks up stones and starts throwing in random directions that one suspects that Tara will occupy*:cool:

My ears are burning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

wtf?? you've way too much free time cliona!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

Thanks Cliona- Tara feels a bit violated right now...Oh, and G- if you *ever* give out my home address...

Yes the talks were fun, & Steve is all growed up! But the other one is x10 hotter :D

*cackles manically* What are ya going to do? Set Deirdre on me?????:D :D:D

• Advertisement

shidoshi wrote:
    The talks were very good, but only if you could concentrate long enough to listen.
    I made the mistake of sitting beside the (normally hyperactive) conor flynn on caffine, and thus missed much of everything.....

At least he didn't jump on you outside, lift you under his arm and attempt to shove his tongue down your throat.

Advertisement