Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insane NTL speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

s_gr wrote:
    Just checked my 3meg connection.....still the same D9
    power cycle your modem m8

steph !! lol !! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i'm on the 1mb package dublin 15 - no change.

27eo.th.gif

what the fook 10mb !!! this is better than I thought !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Hate you all!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its sickening, even after we get a lil upgrade on eircom/utv/esat/netsource etc in January it will still be a quarter of NTL will have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

CrimE wrote:
    Hate you all!!
    ME TOO! AND ESPECIALLY DRAPPER WHO IS ANNOYING ME ON MSN ABOUT IT TOO! lol :p

ME TOO! AND ESPECIALLY DRAPPER WHO IS ANNOYING ME ON MSN ABOUT IT TOO! lol :p

Steph you know you love me baby ! stop telling everyone ! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

NTL 3mb line:

Download Speed: 8.96mbps
    Upload Speed : 489kbps.

I feel the love, NTL, I feel the love :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

I no longer want to move to Dungarvan :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And i'd like to thank GOD for stopping me from signing up with IBB 6 months ago and for also making me switch from IOL:D :D:D:D:D:D

I no longer want to move to Dungarvan :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And i'd like to thank GOD for stopping me from signing up with IBB 6 months ago and for also making me switch from IOL:D :D:D:D:D:D

Amen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Now what to do with it??

Suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

so the guy who said the speed upgrade was happening was telling the truth

sadly i am stuck on DSL

JPA wrote:
    Now what to do with it??

Suggestions?

its funny you mention it was just thinking the same! most site have sppeds limited to 2meg ect downloading Bf2 SF now and 2 meg is the dl speed as EA has capped it! so torrent and p2p will be the best test !

btw pings are same ! no differnece..........

Anyone ring NTL or are you to afraid to tell them? :D:D

JPA wrote:
    Anyone ring NTL or are you to afraid to tell them? :D:D

wonder what the cap will be !! ?? 100 gb a month sounds good to me !

Do you think if this stays and goes nationwide everybodys speed will be trebled? 3 meg for €25? They'd clean up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

no upgrade in talla-fornia.
    I'm on the 2meg package.

Surely, they should upgrade the 2meg aswell as the 3meg.

JPA wrote:
    Do you think if this stays and goes nationwide everybodys speed will be trebled? 3 meg for €25? They'd clean up.

well most report on profits in the last trading statement said Broadband was where they where making the most profit............. so they are on the road to domination !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm on the 3 meg package, from irishisp test I get 4.26mb down 444kb up.

Going to power cycle, will let you know if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mollser

no change in leopardstown, power cycled and rebooted computer, 1 meg line. Still 1 meg. Whaaah.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

has anyone on the 2mb service been upgraded?

I called my parents and they are still on 3 meg. I didn't get them to power cycle. How do you view the config page again? 192.168.100.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Sweeeet speeds everyones getting. I just found out that I can get NTL in my area, never noticed untill now. I wonder how long that had been for.... I cant wait for 10 meg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

we are supposed to be getting the current 3 meg package soon ,but my ****ing mom is takeing her sweet ass time about it ,it is soooooooo frustrating be on a 56k line atm.

I got in...
    Operation Configuration
    Network Access : Allowed
    Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000
    Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000
    Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
    Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragmentation Disabled, PHS Disabled
    Maximum Number of CPEs : 1

I don't get near 10 meg on Irish isp test though. If course if I'm not getting the full 10 meg then I'd have a reason to downgrade.

Has it slowed down for anyone else? getting about 5 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Lol, it's probably half of dublin realising they now have 10 meg internet and swarming every torrent out there.
    A bit OT, but how long does it usually take NTL to come out and set up your broadband after you order it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Paulm your prob not getting near 10mbit on irishisptest because there is probably a few people testing there speed on there and the server is prob only around 10mbit-100mbit :P

• Advertisement

Lol, it's probably half of dublin realising they now have 10 meg internet and swarming every torrent out there.
    A bit OT, but how long does it usually take NTL to come out and set up your broadband after you order it ?

I rang on a monday, got it thursday in waterford. If you already have NTL its piss easy for the "engineers".

Advertisement