Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How's it going guys, any Castlebar boys/girls around?

• 14-08-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Allright how'r things.
    Just joined today. Saw this forum and I thought I'd come in for a look and see if there's anyone unfortunate enough to be living in Castlebar like meself.
    As a side quesion, what do people outside of C/bar think of the town? Does it have a reputation as a scumbag place or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wind00ze

ya i lived there for a few years, had a class time there but cant stand it now
    its full of scumbags but so is everywhere :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I know a few people from Castlebar.... and I must say that I found them quite respectable... except for the fact that every Friday and Saturday night they would get into battle royales outside Supermacs in Galway!

Is this common back in Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Is this common back in Castlebar?
    Only on a Friday night when all the under 18's are out. Saturday and Sunday aren't to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

de5p0i1er wrote:
    Only on a Friday night when all the under 18's are out. Saturday and Sunday aren't to bad.

I see..... really nice bloke.... used to come into college with a new black eye or split lip neraly every Monday.

I see..... really nice bloke.... used to come into college with a new black eye or split lip neraly every Monday.
    I don't go to the college I've lived in Breaffy most my life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm a Castlebar man (well Breaffy like de5p0i1er), it's not a great place to be...

No really cool pubs, couple of decent ones is all (Rowlands and The Humbert) and no good niteclubs (only 2 to choose from and they're both god-awful), but the biggest problem with Castlebar is the collective mass of people I call "Reds." Now, it's a popular myth that you have to be from the country to be a redneck, but this is just not true as the "townies" of Castlebar will prove folklore wrong! Reds are the ignorant "buffs" of the world that get slobbered and start causing the stress with those who would have nothing to do with it! They're a plague...

I don't go out in Castlebar anymore. Occasionally I'll venture out for a work night out, which I know is going to result in such a pissup, it won't matter where we are. It's just not worth the hassle anymore.

The signs on the way into town should say: "Abandon all hope ye who enter..."

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

oh the sights i've seen from behind the safety of a nightclub bar. :eek:

I don't know what it is, mabie its that i don't drink in C'bar anymore, anbd ame stone cold sober working in the club, but it seems far worse than any of the debauchery in which i get involved up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MessiahMan

This place is completely full of scumbags!I got a headbutt on friday nite from some scumbag!P.S....Electric Messiah Wednesday nite 24th 10 Buckos Pub,Linenhall St,Castlebar...No scummers der just great music!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

MessiahMan wrote:
    This place is completely full of scumbags!I got a headbutt on friday nite from some scumbag!
    Check this week's Mayo Echo for a report of the night's fun and games. I'd have loved to have been there - I'd definitely have waded in and started flaking heads indiscriminatly! Great fun for all the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

From a ****hole called Ballyvary but now living in Castlebar.Place should be used for testing biological weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

If only there was something here to do apart from drinking! Thank god im moving to galway next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

Lived in Castlebar till Jan this year, even worked in Rowlands for a few months. Castlebar wasn't too bad till i started to know people, then i couldn'd go nuts out or gits would be talkin the next day. and i always went nuts when i went out. Thankfully movin to Galway in 2 or 3 weeks, so i'll be basically unknown again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scizor

Im in Castlebar, 15 and not a scumbag.
    Us teens arent all bad its just some stupid skangers that give us all a bad name.

scizor wrote:
    Im in Castlebar, 15 and not a scumbag.
    Us teens arent all bad its just some stupid skangers that give us all a bad name.
    There is an awful lot of them around the town at the weekends, no wonder you get a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scizor

A good few w****** come up from Wesport to.

scizor wrote:
    A good few w****** come up from Wesport to.
    We don't need Westports help to get a crowd of scangers in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭busbybhoy

In short....Ya it is. Mantra has to be the biggest hell hole on earth and its not the peoples fault. If they didnt pack it to the rafters with kids it would be ok.
    I have no idea how they get away with letting so many people in.
    Anybody who hasnt been there try it! You will be lucky if you are not crushed in the queue going in.
    Its a pity cause the town needs a decent club.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Mainly cause a fair amount of the bouncers they employ are violent kanckers, and the rest are like us barstaff, trying to make a living and fighting to get paid for the hours we work.

AFAIK every club packs as many drunken kids as they can in so as to maximise profit.

Drunken cretinous sacks of sh1t, waste of human life. I despair taht what i see every night i work there represents the future of this cuntry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jack Black

The only thig wrong with Castlebar is the spreading cancer of houseing estates........
    If Mayo was the garden of Ireland Westport is the outside toilet and BALLINA is where you stick the ENEMA... What a S**TE HOLE..........................

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Know some people from Castlebar.... nothing wrong with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Dear jesus, sort your sig out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I lived in Castlebar for 3 years (2 collage, 1 Work) Its a strange little town, Over the 3 years there I only ever became friends with a handfull of locals, Most of my mates would have been Students who then started working there. One thing for sure is that you cant do shít without people hearing about it, at the weekend there is a lot of people who come from the surrounding areas for nights out (ballina/westport etc) but alot of the locals are pretty bad too. I loved Castlebar while i was there but that probably had to do with my friends, not the actual place.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Westport isnt full of people who think they r great waking up every morning with black eyes and elderly people scared out their homes whereas Castlebar is.
    Castlebar is a great town if you minus the scumbags, it is a great town, dont get me wrong, its just those people who turn it in to a dirtbag and though Westport Hates C/bar, its just those people who make us not want to like it.
    Dissagree with me as you wish...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement