Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So she tells you that she loves you...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

I'm not going to get into a little tete a tete on this one and hijack this thread, but Tactical anni, i never once made any assumptions about you or your relationship.

And the last line of my post did give what bit of advice i feel i'm qualified to give. I do not know if he loves his girlfriend and i do not know if she loves him.

And i don't want to sift through your post but:

Originally posted by tactical anni

Fair enough wwm, you fall in love within 3 months, I just haven't yet and don't see how I could,

I also never said there weren't people that didn't connect....and I have done in the past (literally love at first sight) but it took me a year before I confessed my love to her...

So tell me now how can i take anything you say to be the truth.
    It seems to me like you'll peddle bullsh1t just to win an argument.
    Lets leave it at that and let unreggie get some advice instead of having to read this quibbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wwm I don't hold anything against you and the way you go into your relationships, I would appreciate if you could hold out the same consideration for myself. As for the checklist well your just being absolutely stupid right there, thank you v.much for publicly offending me and further continuing to insult me lads.

Now wwm you have absolutely NO idea's about how many relationships I've been in etc and most certainly have NO right to say "that's what your idea of love is" you arrogant git.

I've dived into a few relationships and now I tend to take it a little bit more slowly although if I'm head over heels with someone then obviously I won't.

Darth Mise I'm a little bit embarrassed now so will elaborate on my "love at first sight". I met a girl whom I was mad about, we didn't get together until a year later but that year was filled with her (in my mind) and I didn't see anyone else for the year until I met her again (kind of like saving myself for the right person, I was only 17) we had kept in touch and she sent me a few letters mostly a few weeks before I arrived back in France and was telling me how much she was also looking forward to meeting me. I met her she told me she got together with someone else the night before my arrival (after giving me a big hug n a kiss and me telling her right off the bat that I loved her). I was pretty pissed as you can imagine. I appear to have stumbled on my own words and that is in fact what happened and is but ONE of the reasons I am more cautious these days. You may ask samba and the rest of my family if you don't believe my story now as they all watched me break down and go into hibernation for a week :mad:

I don't lie because I have no reasons to lie, although if you choose not to believe me due to me fumbling in my rant beforehand then so be it, I also take offence to the fact you think I'm peddling **** just to win an argument. Sorry to say I'm not that petty. I hate to dissapoint you, don't always assume others do what you may :p

I hate those people that feel there has to be a POINT to everything, take what you will from my little story wwm, thank you. V.childish condescending attitude wwm, you dissapoint me. Dont' try and wriggle out of it, listen here if I meet someone and the sparks start flying you honestly believe I'm going to be oh so cautious and wait a year or whatnot before I confess my feelings, yeah grow up please.

Finally again to wwm, No I have no problems with my feelings and no problems admitting them, I am happy with who I am thank you very much, yet more condescending childish crap from you.
    Am I afraid of her rejection? Good god if I was in the pub I'd slap you right now like a 2cent slut, where do you get off? I handle rejection just fine, water off a ducks back sir.
    As for the classic signs of a clingy needy person :p:D:D in your dreams, I'm relatively easy going but I most certainly won't have some cretin that dives head first into everything like a hot headed tomato tell me who I am and what I'm about. Good day to you all.

Thank you for genuinely upsetting me. I love the way you just judge people by their posts, I suppose you don't reserve any kind of judgement till you've met someone? WWM next time you go to a boards get together feel free to come have a chat with me about it, but pls leave your hostility at home or I'll quite frankly have to bitchslap you.

:mad:BAD MOOD DAY:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yadeeya

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Unregistered
    wwm I don't hold anything against you and the way you go into your relationships, I would appreciate if you could hold out the same consideration for myself. As for the checklist well your just being absolutely stupid right there, thank you v.much for publicly offending me and further continuing to insult me lads.

correct me if im wrong, but wasnt i talking about me?
    i do think i was talking about me, and i wasnt talking about you.
    paranoid?

Now wwm you have absolutely NO idea's about how many relationships I've been in etc and most certainly have NO right to say "that's what your idea of love is" you arrogant git.
    :

easy there tiger....
    as you said yourself, i dont want to play my free speech card. im sure you will allow me the same courtesy.
    i also think that what i think is me falling love, in which case i fail to see how me discussing my ideas on relationships and love can be changed into me being arrogant. i certainly didnt tell you what your views on love is, i said that i precieved you to be a slow person in a relationship, becuase, you said it yourself.

I've dived into a few relationships and now I tend to take it a little bit more slowly although if I'm head over heels with someone then obviously I won't.

so why didnt you say that instead of giving it the whole, ive been hurt so i take it slow?
    you are sending mixed messages?
    im not trying to pick a fight, im trying to figure out why you gave the advice you did, becuase i think you were off mark. do go ape on me becuase im questioning you becuase you have given inaccurate information. and you have admitted so.

Darth Mise I'm a little bit embarrassed now so will elaborate on my "love at first sight". I met a girl whom I was mad about, we didn't get together until a year later but that year was filled with her (in my mind) and I didn't see anyone else for the year until I met her again (kind of like saving myself for the right person, I was only 17) we had kept in touch and she sent me a few letters mostly a few weeks before I arrived back in France and was telling me how much she was also looking forward to meeting me. I met her she told me she got together with someone else the night before my arrival (after giving me a big hug n a kiss and me telling her right off the bat that I loved her). I was pretty pissed as you can imagine. I appear to have stumbled on my own words and that is in fact what happened and is but ONE of the reasons I am more cautious these days. You may ask samba and the rest of my family if you don't believe my story now as they all watched me break down and go into hibernation for a week :mad:

bah, stupid women, always breaking our hearts :)

I don't lie because I have no reasons to lie, although if you choose not to believe me due to me fumbling in my rant beforehand then so be it, I also take offence to the fact you think I'm peddling **** just to win an argument. Sorry to say I'm not that petty. I hate to dissapoint you, don't always assume others do what you may :p:

i wasnt insinuating you were lying. i was just asking broad term questions. christ what is it with people on this board that they get defensive about the smallest things. i would only call someone a lier if i caught them lying. dont worry about it. im not. personally i couldnt care less if you told me you were brother of the pope. until you poved itherwise i would assume you are.

I hate those people that feel there has to be a POINT to everything, take what you will from my little story wwm, thank you. V.childish condescending attitude wwm, you dissapoint me. Dont' try and wriggle out of it, listen here if I meet someone and the sparks start flying you honestly believe I'm going to be oh so cautious and wait a year or whatnot before I confess my feelings, yeah grow up please.

:

christ on a bike, you really are narky arent you.
    condecending maybe, but thats me. childish?
    i dont think so.
    i dont think anything about you.
    if you read my post, its mostly open questions inviting you to talk more about it, or its statements about me. i very rarely actually go into other peoples posts that much, unless im being a bad man and insulting you. in which case you would certainly know about it.
    no, im just trying to get a discussion going, and ive asked some questions, which you seem to think are an attack on you. but that says more about you than me tbh.
    im sorry to disappoint you, and what is it im wriggling out of?

Finally again to wwm, No I have no problems with my feelings and no problems admitting them, I am happy with who I am thank you very much, yet more condescending childish crap from you.:

this would be you attack me again for me talking about my feelings right?
    and they are related to you in what way?
    and i said what about your feelings?

i think you should learn to read posts, and tell when someone talks about themselves.
    in fact when i talk about me, i talk about me. its not some sort of subtle attack on you.
    thats three times you think im attacking you when what i am doing is talking about me.
    i rally do think that you have sopme sort of deeper issues if you keep feeling that everything i say is aimed at you.
    becuase its not.
    if im talking to you i'll address you, ok?

Am I afraid of her rejection? Good god if I was in the pub I'd slap you right now like a 2cent slut, where do you get off? I handle rejection just fine, water off a ducks back sir.
    As for the classic signs of a clingy needy person :p:D:D in your dreams, I'm relatively easy going but I most certainly won't have some cretin that dives head first into everything like a hot headed tomato tell me who I am and what I'm about. Good day to you all.
    :

thats a very defensive attitude i must say.

obviously not water of a ducks back if you get as flustered as that.
    and threatening physical violence?
    well, hardly the attitude of someone who doesnt care eh?

really, you need to control yourself.
    try deep breathes.

id rather be a hot headed tomato than lie to myself....

Thank you for genuinely upsetting me. I love the way you just judge people by their posts, I suppose you don't reserve any kind of judgement till you've met someone? WWM next time you go to a boards get together feel free to come have a chat with me about it, but pls leave your hostility at home or I'll quite frankly have to bitchslap you.

how am i to judge people?
    should i phone you up and engage in meaningful converstion and then tell you i like you?
    dont be silly. we are all judged by our posts.
    most people on this board will think im a complete príck, and it doesnt bother me. becusae a lot of people know me and they know im not. i just have an abrasive attitude when dealing with fools.
    i haveno problem talking to anyone at a boards piss up, after all i organise most of em. and i dont take hostility with me anywhere. i am not a violent person. and i dont deal in hurt either.

you wouldnt bítchslap me either, youd buy me a pint and wed chat, so dont pretend youre a big fella who's being nice to the lesser mortals, coz we lesser mortals dont care either way.

you should really get that under control.

try to think of something nice, and it will make you smil.
    smiles are infectious.
    remember that,.

Ok so i'll sift...
    Originally posted by Unregistered (tactical anni)
    wwm I don't hold anything against you and the way you go into your relationships,

but I most certainly won't have some cretin that dives head first into everything like a hot headed tomato

See what i mean?

But still you belittle unreggie's girlfriend for doing it and WWM too?!?
    Maybe she is head over heels about unreggie, you have no idea how she feels. Yet you assumed she was a "clingon". Judged her before you met her, and then came this little nugget!

I suppose you don't reserve any kind of judgement till you've met someone?

You were not asked to pass judgment on her feelings, only to advise unreggie on what to do.

Darth Mise I'm a little bit embarrassed now so will elaborate ...............................................................................................................now as they all watched me break down and go into hibernation for a week :mad:

I'm not intrested in your expanlation, you credibility has already gone out the window.

I don't lie because I have no reasons to lie, although if you choose not to believe me due to me fumbling in my rant beforehand then so be it, I also take offence to the fact you think I'm peddling **** just to win an argument. Sorry to say I'm not that petty. I hate to dissapoint you, don't always assume others do what you may :p

You do lie,
    That was more than a fumble in a rant,
    You are petty,
    I have never lied here, what are you talking about?!

Dont' try and wriggle out of it,

You the one doing the wriggling, trying to claim your mistakes as a fumbling rant!
    If you've ever known love at first sight you WOULD NOT write:

Fair enough wwm, you fall in love within 3 months, I just haven't yet and don't see how I could,

Stop spoofing.

I am perfectly entitled to judge you by your posts. What else can i judge you on if i can't judge you on your words?

(This post was edited to remove some of the more unneccessarily offensive bits. I'm feeling a bit confrontational today, sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Anni if you don't want people to judge you by what you post, at least give Unreggie's girlfriend the benefit of the doubt without calling her a Clingon for falling in love.

She hasn't even posted here and you judged her.

Originally posted by koneko
    Anni if you don't want people to judge you by what you post, at least give Unreggie's girlfriend the benefit of the doubt without calling her a Clingon for falling in love.

She hasn't even posted here and you judged her.

Touché.....

(I'm the original unreg guy).

hmm, well this seems to have gotten slightly off-topic. I'd like to make a couple of points:

1) I have no doubts that my gf loves me completely, it's 110% certainly and unquestionably true.
    2) I don't think she's the cling-on type. In fact, she recognises that I need my space. (but please, continue the star-trek analogies, they're quite amusing)
    3) darthmise, tactical anni, whitewashman (and others): while acknowledging your right to post whatever the hell you want, I'd like to ask if you can avoid thread-hijacking :)

Right, that out of the way I'd like to get some opinions on stuff. I had a good chat with a mate of mine about this, he'd some surprisingly good advice and opinions. He told me that he thought that she was the kind of person to fall in love quicker than others (without making it any less "valid" love). He told me that I, on the other hand, am not the kind of person to fall in love quickly - he thinks I've got a wall in place, a self-defense mechanism or something, I dunno. So he reckons it could just take time for me to grow to love her.

Thinking about this, I'm pretty sure he's right. I'm extremely independent and could survive perfectly well with my own company for a very long time - does this mean I can't fall in love? I'm wondering about dependency and if it's a requirement for love... ?

Talking about practicalities, I already told you she's in another part of the country (bout 200 miles from me) so she's thinking about moving here. She doesn't have any friends here, so that could be tough and a strain if I was the only person that she knew. So a plan of action could be for her to move her, and move in with a gang of people who she worked with (or similar), that would help her make friends here and not rely entirely on me. We could see where it goes from there. What dya think?

ok, that's all for now. Thanks for all your opinions and advice so far (including the thread-hijackers :))!

Unreg Guy.

Unreggie, sounds spot on. And that's what you should tell her aswell. I know you probably have strong feelings for her, but for you it's probably to soon to know if it's love. She can't fault you for that. You also don't want to hurt her by getting into something you're not ready for.

I think deep-down you'd know if it was something you didn't want to continue, or didn't want to stay with her. For some people it just takes longer to become close and intimate with someone (emotionally).

If she loves you (which it sounds like she really does), she will understand that. She won't want to pressure you into moving in together, especially so soon. Best thing might be (as you said) for her to move closer to you, but live with other people. THis way you two will have more time together, and who knows what would happen.

well I had written a big lengthy reply but I deleted it by mistake. Everything I said has been taken out of context and put into whatever context suits you to continue arguing.

I never called you a liar darth, read my posts and stop trying to read into them. wwm you misunderstood everything I posted so I give up, I had made some points to continue this argument but I'm dropping this like a lead weight.

I have not been discredited and I am no liar, I told you my story now listen as I tell you a 2nd time, you want my bleedin eye witness accounts, my brothers a/c and that particular girls a/c of what happened? Or have you a lie detector test waiting for me because you are being a right twit continuing to call me something I am not. How about the fact that any girl I had a long term relationship will tell you "One of the things I will always admire about you is your honesty", goes to show how correct your judgement of me is in my postings eh?

Don't know why I even bothered to start with, typically you would just read into everything and not just read the words as I put them. (maybe I didn't express myself or convey my ideas in the best possible way but you sure as hell picked it all up backwards then jumbled it and mixed it up to your liking.

Sorry for the silly threat wwm but if you passed a comment like that to me in the pub you would rather more than likely find my pint over your head at the very least. I'm not trying to be some macho mr mean guy, I've just always stood up to people regardless of their size.

My credibility has not gone out the window but your petty stubborness has shone through nicely, thank you. stop calling me a liar when it is not true, you think what you like but don't try make me out to be something I'm not in front of the rest of this community or you will only be displaying a lack of common sense and ignorance.

Stop trying to pick up on my character and it's flaws wwm, you're pretending you know me which you don't and you are wrong in your assumptions because of the way you have read my posts, good day to you both.

oh :) happy days :p

Rember never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to your level and beat you with experience. I wish I had realised this is what was happening.

Fair enough koneko.

<<!back on topic!>> (sorry for hijacking your thread) :)

Glad to hear that she is indeed head over heels about you :D

Only advice I can offer here is be careful, you care a great deal about her but are somewhat afraid to dive on in and enjoy as wwm would and I would not. Tell her you feel strongly about her but need to get to know her more and that moving in together may be a way to accomplish this. Travel is always one of the best ways to get to know someone and with summer coming up it could be a good time for you two to get away together and see how much you value her company as much as she does yours, gl :)

I think that deep down you should know the answer though ;)

• Advertisement

I think that deep down you should know the answer though ;)

ok, 2 points.

1) i agree with the above.
    you may not love her, but you should at least know where youd like to go with what you have. if you dont then you havent been thinking about it, and in that case you are probably not too interested. from my experience.

2) im not sure who most of your points above are aimed at, except where you mention my name. nice to see you can open up about it :)
    you really are quiet the emotianal person arent you!
    not that thats bad, i just wouldnt be annoyed by things that people write here about me. if i did, id be back in councelling :)

im not trying to pick holes in you or show up character flaws believe it or not, im trying to get you to discuss. your first post was stupidity, youve been prodded and youve developed a better reply.
    now,dont you eel happier.
    im glad i could make you feel happy :)

anyway, if we were in a pub, i would say the same thing, except in a different way. im not argumentative, i just like to open people up. and youd still buy me a pint :)

:rolleyes:

Unreggie, your friend probably knows you as well as anyone so he may have a good point about you putting up walls or defense mechanisms.
    Its not that uncommon among men, especially, to be slow to commit. I know from my own experience that the next serious relationship i find myself in when i realise how serious i feel, there will be a recoil instinct. And it will definitely be a bigger leap of faith than the last time. But i believe thats how i works. The more you committ to something, be it a person or whatever, the greater the reward. And love is definitely something you have to give to recieve.

Maybe you already know how strongly you feel and you have to admit it to yourself first. Because its not telling the other person that you love them that puts your heart on the line, its accepting it yourself. Because if it all goes to pot, you're the one who has to deal with your own heartbreak.

If you realise that you love her, then drop the walls and take a chance. Don't be afriad to love someone.
    Tis better to have loved and lost...

I have no regrets about wearing my heart on my sleeve and make no apologies for it, though some may think it the wrong thing to do to leave yourself open. You have to take that chance and believe in your own ability to bounce back if it doesn't work out.

This whole post is based on the premise that you love her and have to realise it for yourself. If i'm wrong then waste no time in disregarding it.

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Yes I am quite emotional. :p
    Yes I feel a lot better thank you. :)
    Sorry I wasn't clearer.
    Your on my hitlist of people to buy a drink for now :D

(I'm the original unreg guy).

hmm, well this seems to have gotten slightly off-topic. I'd like to make a couple of points:

1) I have no doubts that my gf loves me completely, it's 110% certainly and unquestionably true.
    2) I don't think she's the cling-on type. In fact, she recognises that I need my space. (but please, continue the star-trek analogies, they're quite amusing)
    3) darthmise, tactical anni, whitewashman (and others): while acknowledging your right to post whatever the hell you want, I'd like to ask if you can avoid thread-hijacking :)

spoilsport!
    (Right, that out of the way I'd like to get some opinions on stuff. I had a good chat with a mate of mine about this, he'd some surprisingly good advice and opinions. He told me that he thought that she was the kind of person to fall in love quicker than others (without making it any less "valid" love). He told me that I, on the other hand, am not the kind of person to fall in love quickly - he thinks I've got a wall in place, a self-defense mechanism or something, I dunno. So he reckons it could just take time for me to grow to love her.

look, theres a lot of thought over what love is yadda yadda yadda.
    and we could debate it unti lthe caws come home.

for whatever reasons you have, you are basically admitting to yourself right there that you dont love her, if yore friends advice is spot on. which you seem to suggest is correct.

there is no right or wrong, you either love someone, or you dont love someone.
    you have to decide what way you wan to go.
    (Thinking about this, I'm pretty sure he's right. I'm extremely independent and could survive perfectly well with my own company for a very long time - does this mean I can't fall in love? I'm wondering about dependency and if it's a requirement for love... ?.

no.
    love can happen to anyone anywhere and has no connection o anything.
    dependency etc etc etc may all help or hinder the progress, but at the end of the day, you can fall in love if you let yourself and give love a chance to blossom. if youre slow, and you keep away from her, then obviously its not going to happen. so yuou do have to treat it like a flower sometimes, tend to it, take away the weeds, and care for it.
    i am a very independent person. i wont be in a relationship where i have to pretend to be something im not. i wont be in a relationship where i am not equal and i am not allowed the freedom i need.
    but that doesnt mean i dont want to be aaway from my partner. it doesnt mean that i dont want to have someone to come home to.
    you have to find the right combination,and that means finding the right partner to be honest. becuase if you can be honest with each other aboutyour needs, and they are conflicting, it will never work. too much effort in a relationship, too much of the 'lets try and make it work' will lead to one or other, or both parties becoming upset and disinterested.

but becuase you dont appear to love her, it doesnt mean you dont want her. you may fall in love sooner than you think. :)

Talking about practicalities, I already told you she's in another part of the country (bout 200 miles from me) so she's thinking about moving here. She doesn't have any friends here, so that could be tough and a strain if I was the only person that she knew. So a plan of action could be for her to move her, and move in with a gang of people who she worked with (or similar), that would help her make friends here and not rely entirely on me. We could see where it goes from there. What dya think?

ok, that's all for now. Thanks for all your opinions and advice so far (including the thread-hijackers :))!

Unreg Guy.

now this is your real problem.
    its not the love, unlove thing.

this is the crux of your problem.
    do you want the very heavy weight of your girlfriend on your shoulders.
    suddenly she becomes your responsibility, becuase she has no on e else there. she knows no one. you are her only connection.

if she can mve there, but not in with you, with [people she knows, then thats the way to go i think.

otherwise, you are going to dispise her in a matter of weeks becuase she wont be able to do anything with out you becuase she knows no one. and you wont have any free time becuase she will be lonely and need company.
    and its unfair on her if you are willing to pull her across the county so you can have sex on tap for want of a better analogy :)

think hard on your last point. i feel its the important one.

Yes I am quite emotional. :p
    Yes I feel a lot better thank you. :)
    Sorry I wasn't clearer.
    Your on my hitlist of people to buy a drink for now :D

that is what i like to hear.
    i like beer
    beer is good :)

drinking a beer, is like making love to a beautiful woman......

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

drinking a beer, is like making love to a beautiful woman......

You sure about that WWM? Heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You know each other four months and live 200 miles apart. I think it a reasonable assumption to make that this would mean that the two of you have had limited exposure to each other as a result. Yet she loves you. Hmmm... Warning bells.

I knew a nymphomaniac about ten years ago. Before the usual cheesy jokes begin, let me explain that I did not know her biblically myself and her condition was, in my view, quite a depressing one. Her father was a university lecturer of the cold, distant and divorced variety. Her mother was a hippy of the D4/Irish Times variety. As such, from what I could observe, she did not have a very happy childhood – not abusive from what I know, just unstable and generally starved of affection.

Her reaction to this was to sleep with any man that crossed her path in an attempt to get the affection/stability that she lacked, in a relationship. Needless to say, these relationships tended to last about ten hours on average, at which point, heartbroken, she would spend much of the next day in bed crying.

She was an extreme example, but reading the description you gave of your girlfriend, the same warning bells began to chime, albeit faintly. It is important for you to consider why she is in love with you and the nature of her emotional dependency. Beruthiel’s suggestion of your telling her that you are in unfamiliar territory is good strategically, but only if ultimately this relationship is a good idea in the first place.

You may feel that you’re independent but the need to have someone dependant on you is also a dependency, after a fashion. Ultimately, if the thought of someone being dependant, emotionally or otherwise, on you fills you with dread, then it’s probably kinder to back off sooner rather than later.

Oh, yes... the nymphomaniac. Eventually a man stayed longer than ten hours, they stayed together, they married and have been happy together (as much as anyone can be) ever since. A happy ending :)

Well that all depends on whether you're a bloke or what your sexual orientations are or does it :)

After a year and a half of single life and one or two one night stands I can safely say yes it is :D :rolleyes: :D

Corinthian, bang on the money, I should have come up with something similar first time around instead of my star trek analogy :) good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    So she said she loves you after 3 months....She can just as easily say after 4...ohhh I don’t any more.

Been there, done that. (feel bad about it now)
    Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    That’s how it works. Sometimes the love last years....sometimes just days. Even just for a night.

Its just a pile of emotions and thoughts.

Exactly, love is mad, and it does change, thinking your in love and being in love and your ideas about love change constantly, hold on to it if you do, and look forward to it if you dont.
    :)

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

oh. suits you sir....

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice.

I am somewhat surprised by the number of people who have, one way or another, expressed the opinion that it's better for me to "get out now". Are there many people here who disagree with this? Please post, cos the overwhelming pessimism is worrying me a bit.

I guess I can't describe every little detail of our relationship in a couple of posts, but I thought I did a pretty good job considering. That's why I am surprised by the seemingly majority advice of "give it up".

That said, you pessimists may be right, who knows? (Well, I guess I will, in a couple of months time).

Again, thanks for your help, whatever your opinion, and for the interesting anecdotes.

Unreg Guy.

its unfair to drag your girlfriend half way across the country if you find out in a months time that you dont love her.

no matter how bad your girlfriend might feel after you break up with her, imagine how she will feel in a couple of months when hse finds out that you'd been lying to her and pretending that you were happy.

got out of a relationship that wasnt making me happy, i'm still wracked with guilt over it because i just feel that I should have done something else, should have tried harder, etc, but in all honesty no matter what regrets I have and how bad a situation I left the other person in, I needed to get out, it was destroying me from inside.

sometimes you have to weigh up everything, figure out if you're happy in the relationship and if it's worth another few weeks or months, and then decide.

don't let what people say here make up your mind for you, if you are happy enough and think you can work it out then do, and be happy.

Advertisement