Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

• 13-11-2005 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in posting pictures of their classic cars, past and present? I'll get the ball rolling with a few of mine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please re-size the pix to about 150kb, thanks.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Impressive collection Junkyard, do you still have them all?
    Here's mine, only 1 I'm afraid.
    http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1033/mustang0hq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

nice ! i expect you are all sick of seeing mine by now so I wont post them yet again........:) :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

corktina wrote:
    nice ! i expect you are all sick of seeing mine by now so I wont post them yet again........:) :)
    What? You mean you have a car?! ;)

Here's my precious in Wickow last month...
    http://www.zebra.ie/spider/loughdan01.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Triumph TR6
    TR6-02.jpg
    Triumph TR7
    TR7-01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Oh all right so I will post mine eek39co.gif – collecting my latest purchase the Gti from the UK on Wednesday.:cool:
    The others are all doing fine now that they know they won’t be out in the harsh winter. This classic car hobby sure is hard work sometimes.:o

sud41.jpg
    sud31.jpg
    b.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    Jag2.jpg
    tr11z.jpgtr4z.jpgGT22.jpgD17.jpgD15.jpgIMAG0042.jpg
    Golf_GTi_4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭v-deniso

This is my 1953 Jaguar XK120 will post our 1948 MG TC later on.

(Thanks for the pic DS!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

v-deniso wrote:
    This is my 1953 Jaguar XK120 will post our 1948 MG TC later on.

(Thanks for the pic DS!)

That is a truly beautiful car....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

v-deniso wrote:
    (Thanks for the pic DS!)
    My pleasure. Literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I lost count DS, how many do you have???

Ps, you seem to have an abundance of garage space as well:eek:

• Advertisement

I think you're confusing me with Alfasudcrazy, Tom.

I have but one car, and insufficient garage space for even that :(
    image007.jpg
    DS50ans308.jpgDS50ans389.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

This is my Lady.

Very nice Lyre. So unusual to see the US front over here. She looks very straight - have you had much trouble?

I have to say my favourite so far is the XK120. It is one of the very few cars that look best in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

My Dads 1969 MGC Roadster.

p91101259ra.th.jpgp91101176fw.th.jpg

HI DS, Got to agree with you the Jag is very nice, do you remember the pretty Polly advert with the XK150, still can`t decide which was prettier the car or the girl. No real trouble from the SM, couple of little things replaced the rear spheres, New battery and regulator and got the alternator rebuilt. Oh and a new back box all the way from Holland! How is the DS behaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I must say DS your - ah.... DS does look slick especially with those sumptuous seats. Is that the actual seat fabric or seat covers - the colour really suits the black paint work.
    I recall the chief engineer of a factory I once worked in had one of those back in the early 80's. He was a South African and brought it all the way over from there which is testament to the following these cars engender - seems to attract engineer types too from what I can see.:)

I must say DS your - ah.... DS does look slick especially with those sumptuous seats. Is that the actual seat fabric or seat covers - the colour really suits the black paint work.
    Thanks ASC. The seats are the original fabric and are every bit as sumptuous as they look. You can tell the age and originality of mine in the drivers seat - the foam has collapsed and there's a small tear and some wear. You can't see it in the photo, but give me a holler next time you're up in the 'smoke and I'll take you for a spin.

@Lyre - I do remember that ad, what a car, what a pair of pins!
    I've had no unexpected hassle with the DS - usual bits and pieces: spheres, exhaust, starter motor, steering rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Only one for me :rolleyes:

ovalquarter0wb.jpg

picture taken at BugJam 2004, a couple of weeks before I bought it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lyre61 wrote:
    This is my Lady.

Hi, did I see you on the road out of Rosslare last Tuesday by any chance?

Fabulous car the SM.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Some beutiful cars there everyone, I have to say that the SM is one of my favourites Lyre and on my shopping list at the moment, I don't suppose your selling?

Some more of mine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Heres my 1972 scimitar GTE

durrow006.jpg

and my 1979 Chevy G30 van with cobra campervan conversion

van1.jpg

more photos of Helga on http://www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum/chevy

Hi Junkyard, this might sound stupid, but if it was going to a good home, probably. I want to get a DS again, preferably a break and there is no way the wife is going to put up with another Citroen out the front. So I would have to move it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Here are my two, a 71 Fiat 850 and a 68 Triumph 2000 MK1
    Fiat%20850%20910%20ZC.jpg
    TRIUMPH%202000.jpg

That's a peachy looking Fiat. Do you use it daily?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I have fond memories of both those type cars !

I used to get a lift to school in an identical Fiat, one day in 1980 the engine expired right at the school gate!

My memories of the Triumph were that an elderly couple who owned a large estate house in Cavan, complete with gravel driveway, fountain, fish pond etc had a Mk1. My cousins lived nearby and we would sometimes get to travel in it up to the village !

Lovely cars and great to see such lovely examples !

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

- - - - - - Just a few of my Mk1 Escy - - - - - -

150-5006_IMG.jpg

150-5013_IMG.jpg

150-5002_IMG.jpg

149-5000_IMG.jpg

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nice van Shaggy, I think I remember you from Clive's on Hill St. back in the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

I use the Fiat for going to shows around the country, brought it from Galway to Terenure last year , sheared the dynamo bracket bolts on the way down on the dual carriageway.No dyanamo pulley means no waterpump means hot cross little Fiat! THANK GOD FOR CABLE TIES :D. Bodged dynamo into place and they got me to Rochfortbridge @ 35mph when help (Brother with Octavia TDi and tow rope) showed up . The Triumph sat in shed in a breakers yard in Dublin for about 20 years and it was given a quick lick of paint and an engine and box to get it going for my brothers wedding and my own wedding 2 years ago but it really needs a proper overhaul as its a bit unreliable and tatty at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

My first car was a Fiat 850, I was mad about it, but I was only 11 at the time so I never really drove the car on the road. I sold it to buy a 1947 Dodge Hearse! I'd love to get it back but alas it's gone to heaven.:)

Advertisement