Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New project...

Options
  • 12-11-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Just some pics to get started... Will prob stick this on a diff site as it'll get lost here.

Its a coolermaster S4000. Will go into more details of the project ltr..

atcs4000sx7fp.th.jpg

1000659large2vv.th.jpg
    1000657large1sh.th.jpg
    1000658large5uw.th.jpg

s40008cr.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

My spidey sense is tingling... Theres watercooling afoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Triple rad at the back for the NB n gfx(sli r crossfire) n a double rad on top for the cpu...

Thats gonna be a solid piece of oak on top with 3/5mm UV blue perspex running through it, there will also be 2x120mm blowholes cut out of it.

N 2 windows in the side pannel... Will be doing more sketchs ltr to give a better idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ah come on, it should be finished already.

Huh, these guys taking ages with their mods :rolleyes: :v: :p

Well i plan to order my swiftech gear tonight/tomorrow... Then i'll be over to rob ur hole saw ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,769 ✭✭✭✭unkel

unklerosco wrote:
    Well i plan to order my swiftech gear tonight/tomorrow... Then i'll be over to rob ur hole saw ;-)

Whassup with the Merc? :)

• Advertisement

It arrived last night, just about to take it off the trailer now n have a good play with it ;-)

my other project... no mods yet ;-)

1000660large9wp.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

oh i love these builds, keep picy's posted :D

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1108214#post1108214

Check here for progress on the project...

Started work on this again... No hardware specs yet

Watercooling setup:
    triple asetek waterchill rad
    Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme II
    2 x Cape Coolplex 10 external
    HDD Watercool Silentstar HD-Dual
    Cathar Storm G5 Pure Silver CPU waterblock
    2 x maze 4 gpu block w swiftech ramsinks(may change..)
    2 x Laing DDC pump 12V Pro w plexi top
    twinplex PRO Chipsatz

Cpu loop is gonna be 1/2" n the gfx/chipset/HD loop 3/8"...

Anways, been working on a junction box for fans/leds/cathodes...

1000743small5rb.jpg
    1000757small5gv.jpg
    1000761small4wx.jpg
    1000763small3bm.jpg
    1000768small8nw.jpg

I hate soldering... but practise makes perfect. The box itself will be modded to match the case, it wont be some big lump of white plastic just sitting there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyways, back to shopping for more WC gear n burning my fingers :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

A pure silver G5 ? Fúck me, how much coke have you been dealing lately to afford to drop so much money on a water block!

A pure silver G5 ? Fúck me, how much coke have you been dealing lately to afford to drop so much money on a water block!
    Hehe, I wanted it, but he got there first! Class block though! ;)

Pure silver indeed.. when im finished with it i'll melt it down n make rings out of it ;-)

No offence, but like, whats the point though ?

AFAIR, you'll drop like 1 degree ? For over 5 times the price of a normal decent block like an Apogee or similar ?

I guess this rig is about excess though, when you're using a triple rad for a CPU that would be grand on a single/double :P

Boredom really.. Its a hobby, i fin work at about 12 every day so i need something to keep me entertained..

I paid just over twice what the apogee costs.. ;-p U gotta know where to look. I saw one go in the uk for about €75 last week, considering they cost well over €200 new it was a steal.. Its the bling bling factor. The double rad is being used for the cpu, the triple is for the rest.. Just need to get the rest of my WC gear so i can really get to work on this..

o and its only .8c drop... wow!!

Installed the res's today, junction box needs a re-think as it wont fit where i wanted it after i install my HD cooler.. I'll stink of something..

Case top has changed as i aint got the tools to do what i want.. will upload a pic of my plan ltr, v similar to the sav row pcs..
    RES
    1000775small1vv.jpg

Plan for case top, similar to this..
    2small2bm.jpg

Me new monitor.. Can do its max res cause the onboard GFX on my dads dell wont do it :rolleyes:
    1000771small2rs.jpg

Oh right, 75 euro is a bit of a steal. Can't blame you for picking one up at that price!

Oh right, 75 euro is a bit of a steal. Can't blame you for picking one up at that price!

Just over €75... ;);)

Finished soldering up the leads for my junction box.. 5 of these are for fans, the sixth is a backup.. unless i find somwhere to stick a 6th fan..
    1000794small6mm.jpg

This little box is my new junction box, have two of em.. one is for fans n the other will be for leds n cc's.. More soldering to do :(:(:(
    1000796small8ck.jpg

Just need to hot glue everything in place for extra security.. if i get bored i might put a window n led in it n sleeve the cables. if i get bored..;)

1000797small2yb.jpg

1000799small5fo.jpg

1000800small5ow.jpg

• Advertisement

It looks great.
    I presume it's just power it's outputting and not returning any RPM data?
    Is there a voltage adjuster inside it for fan speed/power setting?

WizZard wrote:
    It looks great.
    I presume it's just power it's outputting and not returning any RPM data?
    Is there a voltage adjuster inside it for fan speed/power setting?

Yep, just the power output.. no RPM return.. no need for it.

Will try to get a switch in there. 12v to 7v.. maybe 5v. Depends on what the fans sound like @ 7v. Not sure what im gonna do for power goin in.. will either use a female molex or srtip a molex down n use 2 rca's..

Got my Waterblocks sorted, just need some cards to use em with ;-)

PICT0111.jpg

I was about to tear you apart for the waterblocks, then remembered that they're on there own loop. Nice thinking! Supposedly the new stasis blocks annihilate them for temps and resistance though.

Just read up about those stasis blocks... Im more of a silence n looks man, this rig wont be massivly overclocked, i'll leave that for my next one(calculates when mortgage will be paid off ;-)

The gains from a 30 degree graphics card compared to a 40 degree one aren't big anyway. Couple of MHz is nothing. Especially when the difference shouldn't even be anywhere near that big.

Good call with putting such restrictive blocks on their own loop. Almost had a heart attack thinking the storm would be on the same loop as them before I rememberd.

Double post, woops.

I was gonna get the chrome maze 4s but i got these new for €120 n they're €190 online..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

unklerosco wrote:
    Got my Waterblocks sorted, just need some cards to use em with ;-)

Where are you getting the GPU water blocks from? I need to find ones that will do a Radion X1800.

• Advertisement

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/home.php?cat=47

Theres danger dens range for the X1800..

Advertisement