Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

witchcraft queries

Options
  • 21-06-2002 10:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

I am moving into a house as a temporary roomate situation, it's one month for sure and possibley 2. I have only met this girl once before but she had a room for rent and I need a room at the moment. I knew she read tarot cards and believed in the supernatural from a previous conversation...I find these things interesting but am not a great believer I guess. Anyway, when she is giving me the tour I am seeing withcraft books all over and then I see what looks like a bible and look closer, its says The Witches Bible...hmm. We sat down to discuss rent and whatnot and somehow the was a door open in the conversation for me to ask so I did, I asked her if she believed in God. I got the yes answer but it was the way she answered that makes me wonder what her idea of God really is...now I dont have a problem with all that, that's not why I am posting...I am curious about something...She is obviously into the "witch" stuff and I always thought that was fake and movie stuff right, but me being a christian/non-practicing catholic...if this is for real and evil spirits are being conjured up so to speak, do you think I can be affected in any way? like spiritually drained or what not, I guess I dont really know how to phrase it, does anyone here know anything about this stuff? do ye think maybe she is a bit "off" or is there something to that stuff really? she seems like a cool girl, down to earth, I dont know her but she seems sane at the moment. should I be concerned or should I just not think anything of it? any info./advice welcome, no muppetry please ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Most of these witches are fairly harmless, and not at all satanic or evil worshipping. She's probably a white witch, and is in to nature and whatnot. Just ask her, I'm sure she'll delight in explaining it to you. If she turns out evil, then kill her and burn her corpse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

i agree, maybe burning her is too far, but atleast use it as an excuse not pay the rent. She probably just has an intrest in that sorta stuff.

If you have and doubts watch that 'Casper and Wendy' film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

See if she ever showers ;) Witchs and water.. sure guide ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭DEATH CUBE

burn her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭DEATH CUBE

seriously though

if anything you will have a closer and more intimate relationship

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Try and get her to stand in front of a mirror.......no wait, that's vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

See if she weighs the same as a duck

Or if she's made of wood

(or if she's a Monty Python fan)

Has she a long nose and a hat? If not, never mind, you can always make her some.

Seriously though I wouldn't worry about it. Find out if she's into the satanic stuff or just your regular run of the mill Dryad-appreciating witch.

(I'm interested in hearing how the "do you believe in God" question came up with someone you only knew five minutes)

And to finish by worrying you;), if she's a Devil-worshipper, of course she believes in God. She just regards God as the enemy (bad test question).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by sceptre
    See if she weighs the same as a duck

Or if she's made of wood

(or if she's a Monty Python fan)

Aww man... someone ALWAYS manages to post exactly what I was gonna post just before I get round to it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If she turns you into a newt don't worry you'll get better.

(someone had to do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I wouldn't worry about it. Have another chat though, find out what kind of wit chcraft she's into. Ask her what it's all about and phrase it -
    "Am I going to be woken up in the wee hours to ceremonies and cauldron stirring?"
    It's a legitimate worry, then she will go on to tell you how witchcraft isn't all about cauldrons it's about.....
    Make it lighthearted - tell her that your mum is into arts and crafts and see if she asks "Which craft?" :D only joking

As Bugler pointed out, there are white and black witches. I read a pack of white witchcraft cards (I don't think they were the real deal though) and found it a lovely way to look at the world. I think that witchcraft is a much misunderstood section in society. Read up on it! Get her to explain everything so that you aren't in the dark - in the dark.

At the end of the day - it's only temporary, she's not going to eat you, you have special powers too(!), you are paying for the space - you have rights etc etc.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

Exodus. 22:18

Witchs are strange folk. But interesting usually. I would move in. Can only be informative. I can probably cause if you looked at her "Witch's Bible" all you would read about is Celtic spiritual practices and sohe herbal remodies...
    Talk to her. Most witchs enjoy correcting peoples misconceptions about what being a witch is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey yeah, I think people who are "in to" all that witch stuff are lacking somthing which most normal people have in their lives. I never believed in any of that crap at all but About a month ago I had an "experience (NOT A SEXUAL ONE)" in my mates house the morning after coming home from Zanzibar. I was sober at the time and I knew that the previous tennant had died in the Flat. I wont get into it now but never ever think abot dabbling with that crap. I was scared sh**less! And probably wont go back. Ill try and get some pics of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Evil I say.. EVIL!

Quick search finds:

http://www.lovekjb.com/chariots/stayaway.html
    http://www.nisbett.com/holidays/halloween_celebration_evil.htm

And from the Big Book itself:
    Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

2 Kings 9:22 And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?

2 Chronicles 33:6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Micah 5:12 And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

Nahum 3:4 Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.

Acts 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

Acts 8:11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

[KJVBible.net found 11 verses in 0.11 seconds.]

heh heh

Im sure we have all heard about what happens up there in the Dublin mountains from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Originally posted by Grimes
    Im sure we have all heard about what happens up there in the Dublin mountains from time to time.

Well actually its not what you would think. Its aloud of scangers with cans and sound systems raving and has nothing to do with witchcraft, satanism or the like.

Been up at the hell-fire-club on good friday before. Its just aloud of young ones running around scaring each other.

Originally posted by Chaos-Engine

Well actually its not what you would think.

nothing to do with witchcraft, satanism or the like.

No mate,Im talking about the Mountains, the HellFire is the back of Firhouse (well more or less). Deep in the mountains, almost Wicklohe like. Hundreds of stories about that stuff. Its really freaky. Ive seen fires groups in the bogarse of no where. I also drink cans of Dutch :P Me is no scanghole! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

‘Witchcraft’ has historically been used as a political and financial tool. The Augur (Soothsayer) was once even an elected political position in the Rome, and the fear of ‘witchcraft’ was used to execute quite a few political agendas (and not just Papal), over the centuries. Even within villages, it was regularly used as a means to influence the superstitious or accuse one’s neighbours.

Most modern ‘witchcraft’ is loosely based upon the various ancient polytheistic pagan belief systems, most notably Egyptian and Celtic-Druidic (Nature worship). In some cases, you’ll also find ‘Satanism’ which could be described as an inversion or general reaction to Christianity. In almost every case, the ‘witchcraft’ related religions are modern inventions, rarely pre-Victorian in origin and with only a nominal connection to any ancient religion.

Your new flatmate appears to fall into the ‘New Age’ affectation category. No doubt ‘witchcraft’ makes her feel both special and rebellious (against established religions). So chances are she’s probably quite harmless, if insecure, and unless you think she’s going to go psycho soon, you’re probably all right.

Of course, it you’re actually worried about ‘Evil Spirits’, I would observer that most that we would consider as such are in fact the gods of the aforementioned ancient polytheistic pantheons; Satan was most probably based on the Egyptian god Set and Mammon was Babylonian in origin (not even a god, just the word for money. So, even were they to exist, there would be a question mark as to their malevolence - one might argue that the difference between angels and demons is not unlike that between freedom fighters and terrorists...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

You mean it's that easy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I have a friend here in Wales that does that sort of stuff. Don't worry about it. She's fine.

Maybe she is into all that satanic stuff, and just interests her. But she sin't going to kill you or anything. I mean the difference in Satanist and Christians isn't cared about. Look at it this way. Christianity has killed more people than Satanism has.

But anyway. It's usually a hobby, or something to do with ancesters supposedly being witches.

My point is...Black witches or white witches. They're not bad people. Just hang out with her. She sounds cool enough. You might even find it to be a turn on!;)

Do you believe in any religion? Me being an atheist I tend not to look at people that differently.
    It's a kind of "They can believe in what they want, just don't judge me for believing nothing" type of attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Don't worry about it. She's fine.
    My point is...Black witches or white witches. They're not bad people. Just hang out with her. She sounds cool enough. You might even find it to be a turn on!;)

D

Yeah, see what she loks like in leather.
    Isn't there something about ox-hide and witches or something?
    Even if there isn't, good excuse :)
    PVC is also an option....*ahem*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd talk to her about it - feign interest (if you're not already interested - I would be) and I'm sure she'll tell you what you want to know.

One thing to note...

If you touch her stuff without her say so, this could be bad. I know that if someone touches a set of Tarot cards that isn't able to read them, it means the cards supposedly become useless. I dunno about other "equipment" but it's worth keeping in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I went out with a girl who was a white "witch", but by putting that label on her you are immediately branding her as a stereotype (Bet you have of you thought of Sabrina the teenage witch), when the truth is she probably attends a meeting of "witches" once a week where they discuss the harmony of the body with the universe and the powers which it contains which most people are unaware of.

She is human you know....

my g/f had this class trick where she would disturb these things in you aura (Can't remeber what they are called) and it would creat static she would then pull thin air as she were trying to grab you and pull you back and all of a sudden you could feel your body being pulled towards her as if it were attatched to a rope very impressive Stuff which i though would not be possible, but she then told me that it would have no affect on people who had no faith, as Weegie(no idea how to spell sorry) Boards are meant to work.

Its harmless things like the above which most of them practice afaik there is no legit council for Black Sorcery in ireland so if she is report her!!! :)

I think your very lucky as you could learn a tremendous amount of information about things which you would not have though possible before, take advantage of it keep an open mind and she will teach you alot.

Ask her if she has a Crystal ball and what uses it has (you will be amazed)

And google search Witch craft and white magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

"an it harm none, do what you will" - Wiccan Rede

This is the motto witches live by in general, but you must remeber that witches aren't christian witches i.e. they don't actually believe in hell, thats satanists/sorcerers
    Ask her in specific on her beliefs though cause they can vary wildley from coven to coven, mostly its pretty harmless stuff, spiritual energy and what not, some of its pretty interesting too, it goes ith the idea of karma and what not, andyway some suggested reading materiel if you are interested is,
    http://www.beyond-the-illusion.com/files/Religion/Wicca/whatIsWicca.txt
    http://www.beyond-the-illusion.com/files/UseNet/FAQS/alt/magick/tyagi/Alt.Religion.Wicca_Frequently_Asked_Questions_(FAQ)
    http://www.beyond-the-illusion.com/files/Religion/Paganism/Community/Wicca/wicca_military
    btw, if the person is a practicer of black macik get out of there as fast as you can, it most probably will get nasty,
    Whether a religion is true or not is irelevant, the fact is it exists in that persons mind and resultantly they will act accordiingly, (lso the power of the mind is possibly one of the greatest powers in existance, blh blah...........................)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Jesus man don't scare the guy. Black Magic is grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

is it the white or black ones that organize orgies?

hmmmm ....to organize an orgy, is that to orgynize?

anyhoo, you might be in luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

My brother works with a white witch, as said earlier she's in harmonising with nature, using herbs and roots as medicine, stuff like that. Wouldn't worry myself about it if i were u ;) even if she is "evil" the worst she can do is dope ya up and hack ya to bits in your sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

using herbs and roots as medicine, stuff like that

where have i seen this before? :)
    my g/f had this class trick where she would disturb these things in you aura (Can't remeber what they are called) and it would creat static she would then pull thin air as she were trying to grab you and pull you back and all of a sudden you could feel your body being pulled towards her as if it were attatched to a rope very impressive Stuff which i though would not be possible, but she then told me that it would have no affect on people who had no faith, as Weegie(no idea how to spell sorry) Boards are meant to work.

saw this "trick" before preformed by a bio-enegry healer..weird alright(btw it's ouija french and german for yes)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I know of a guy who married a witch and is now running for the Seanad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Kharn
    If you touch her stuff without her say so, this could be bad. I know that if someone touches a set of Tarot cards that isn't able to read them, it means the cards supposedly become useless. I dunno about other "equipment" but it's worth keeping in mind.

Yup, dont touch her cards and stuff if she has them, the idea is that they get used to their user and that it makes readings more accurate, etc.

On a side note, if you want to get into reading tarot, well it's quite difficult, the idea is that someone buys the cards for you - they have to be a gift. :)

Witches aren't black satanic thing (usually), ask and see. :)

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I have at least 5 friends online who are witches, and they're very nice people... :)

Also, my mum is into that kind of stuff and as am I... I actually own 2 spellbooks myself and there is nothing there that could harm another person, though if a spell isn't done correctly, it could have undesireable side effects. Some of the spells in these books are: blessing, good fortune, healing, rejuvination, just to name a few of them. As you can see, none of them are actually harmful, and so I'd say you have nothing to worry about :)

I actually read somewhere that Satan is an entirely Christian thing... Based on the image of Pan, who is one of the Pagan gods. There is actually no discription of Satan in the Bible.

If you want, I can dig up a few sites for you, it's no bother at all :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement