Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

• 14-05-2002 12:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

As the topic says

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

might as well get this party started... i'm looking for a tune thats about 4+ years old, it's got this vocal that goes "broke, busted and disgusted..." i'm not quite sure what i'd classify it as, pumping house is my nearest guess

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Had a bad night by Buddy Guy?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

tman: The song you're looking for would most likely be

Dirty White Boy - "Broke, Busted, Disgusted" on Twisted Records

The vocal sample is from "Creeque Alley" by The Mamas & Papas.

I dunno, I think it's "had a bad night" by "buddy guy"

couldnt get that dirty white boy version on audiogalaxy, but i got the mammas & pappas version, and thats definitely not where the vocals came from. the vocals on the tune i'm looking for are male, and pretty sinister sounding, he says a few more things throughout the tune, something like 'but i gotta have hope'

• Advertisement

Are these the lyrics?

Oh, I had a bad night last night
    People you know things just didn't go right
    I had a bad, bad, bad night last night
    People you know things just didn't go right
    You know I lost all my money on the boat
    And I'm standing here to tell you all I'm down so broke
    I got a call from my baby this morning
    Said Buddy you know you just gotta pay
    I got a call from my baby this morning, yeah
    It said Buddy you just gotta pay
    I shook my head and said
    People you know this just ain't my day

Oh I went in to a friend of mine
    And he was broke, busted and disgusting
    Yes, I went to a friend of mine
    And he was broke, busted and disgusted
    And all he did was shook his had and walked away
    And said Buddy Guy, this just ain't my day

That makes two of us

If so, then the song is:

had a bad night - buddy guy

nope again, the tune i'm looking for is dance music, not whatever you would classify that buddy guy tune as.

try looking for broke busted and disgusted tune in audiogalaxy, i encoded it to mp3 from an old tape i had lying round. stil don't know it's feckin name tho

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

upload it somewere so people can get a listen..
    (you have 2 megs of free boards.ie webspace
    www.boards.ie/members)

try www.geocities.com/greasygonad/broke.mp3

took some ammount of pissing about to get that up!

• Advertisement

copy and paste the link into ur address bar, doesnt seem to work if u just click on it

oops, forgot the http at the beginning, i've uploaded another tune now, this one is from an old mark kavanagh mix that was on 2fm sometine in 1998, a nice chugging bit of hard house...

http://www.geocities.com/greasygonad/mark_kav_tune_98.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

EDIT** found this website www.discogs.com
    And it knows everything cept OD groove and the lyrics one but good website .

i am trying to acquire Mp3`s of really old songs
    i have a wish list and have either names or artists
    so will ask in small amounts

Artist Name
    Union Jack 2 full moons and a trout
    OD Groove (possibly other way round)

and last one only have some words (thk god you dont make me sing it LOL)
    "i leave my mind beneath the mat so you can let yourself in"
    "i aint a preacher somfin somfin "
    "the bottles are all empty the potions full"

rest escapes me but will remember more of the words,
    thx to anyone who helps me name these so i can find them
    Kdja

kdja the tune you're looking for is

Odeon Grooves - Odeon Grooves.
    and
    Lionrock-Packet of Peace
    hope it solves your wishlist :)

kdja, I have those two tunes uploaded to my locker, if you would like to download them off it, PM me for the details..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mister_bishi

I am lookin for a tune called "The Bitch is Back" by Baby Doc Its also know as "The Killer Tune" cos a guy died from listenin to it at a really high decibal in some club..............The only reason it is hard to find is becos of the guy dying when he was listenin to it.
    They said that all his internal organs started to **** up including his heart, brain, liver, kidneys, and lungs but that he receved a brain hemorage in the fastest time ever recorded....
    So they banned the tune......
    I have been tryin to get it on vynil for a while but i gave up hope.....

Someone must know where i can find this tune pleaz help me out
    :confused:

Are you looking to get the tune on cd, vinyl or mp3 format?
    If its vinyl, and it was banned.. you're most likely not to be able to get it within Ireland or UK, your best bet would be to get it abroad off the net, check my topic about the dance related sites.. I put up some record selling sites..

i would like to get it on vynil but at this stage i would settle for it on mp3 format? do you know any download sites that might have it?
    i tried Kazaa,Audiogalaxy and Napster

thanx mate i'll have to give a few of them a try
    :)

• Advertisement

what a load of bs, that tune was never banned, class tune tho.
    i think it's bitch by the hellfire club that your talkin about, not baby doc

Thanx tman i ave been lookin 4 dat tune for about 8 months with no luck i was told it was by baby doc
    Its a ****in class tune.............
    Thanx mate!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭the omen

Anybody know the tune from the new coca cola ad. U know the one with the three legged soccer player and the mole thing. Its a crackin tune.

its called this omen:
    backyard dog - baddest ruffest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

The tune I'm looking for featured on Carl Cox's first FACT compilation.

I had the mix tape (single tape), as opposed to the double CD. I know the tune was near the start of the mix.

It basically had this breakdown riff, which you heard these Japanese guys in the background saying something like "Dit dat dit dakka do" (repeated)

I once had this compilation, but it got robbed on me twice when I was about 14. Which is 8 years ago people (just in case you don't understand how far back we're talking people).

I have tried the usual places such as CDDB, where I got a listing of the tracks that featured on the CDs, but I don't know if they're the same as the tape. I know the tune Thomas Heckman - "Amphetamine" was on the tape, and around where this tune was too, but as for the rest, I don't know.

advTHANKSance ;)

;-phobos-)

Right,

This time the track is by Oribital. I have no idea what album it's on, all I know is that it's really chillout (really narrows things down I know). But the key part to this, was that it was played at Féile '94. I wasn't there myself, but I was glued to the TV while it was being played, all I can remember is that the whole stage area, and crowd was coverd in a blue/purple lights. I know it wasn't "Blue Illusion" (just to rule that idea out), or Hal Cyon and On (probably the only Orbital tunes I know the name of), and Satan (which I would class as being their heavier stuff).

So, once again, any help there I would really appreciate it.

advTHANKSance ;)

;-phobos-)

Right, for your CarlCox one, I think it could be "Cactus"
    That has a break down in it with those vocals kinda like what you said, then it mixes into "Fuzz"

Actualy listening to the album now phobo's.. I'm nearly positive its" trancesetters - secrets of medication (shi take mix) "

Get that one first.. if its not that one, try the other one

The tune I was looking for was: secrets of meditation (shi take mix)

Why don't they make music like this anymore. I grew up with that kind of stuff, and IMO it makes the new stuff sound so commerical.

Thanks again :)

;-phobos-)
    PS: Anyone want to give the Oribital tune ago, plz :)

• Advertisement

Could be belfast phobos

Advertisement