Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music123.com

• 09-04-2002 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

just to get this straight i'm not an ad. I was talkijng about it in another post but it didn't quite fit in there so here we go.

On most of the guitars i've found there is quite a bit to be saved. Shippin for a guitar is $105 which is a bit costly but in a lot of cases you are saving a lot more than that. Its Ups Express so i guess its fairly quick. Oh and Jib heres that guitar i was tellin u about. http://www.music123.com/Item/Item.asp?po=BNJWGWHBK&uid=66098FDEC15A4263B867A61BF95E8D8E

Its brand new and is definitly an NJ series. The scratch and dent NJ Warlock u were talking about is actully $239.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I had a look at them when i was in the hunt for a guitar a few months back. They have excellent prices but remember a few things:

Shipping for me was $106

Non EU country = USA => VAT and customs duty totalling to around 24%

Risky business if anything goes wrong.

Good luck to you though if you are still daving.
    [edit]daving???wtf?? of course, i meant to say saving![/edit]

Not advertising either but check out regent guitars

They are in the UK so VAT wont be added on and shipping is cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Nice site, picked out a rather nice bass that i'd like but i'm young and the interest free stuff is confusing me so does anyone want to enlighten me on how there credit interest free credit scheme works ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jib! JIB!!!!!!!!!
    GIBLET *ahem*
    You have done well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

eh handy if not a bit illegal trick for importing stuff from the u.s.

When filling out the delivery address before your name put 'Unsolicated gift' i think this works the same way say time magazine etc send out free watches and crap and they are based in the u.s. they couldnt have their customers paying vat now could they..

actully the last thing i had ordered from the us i didnt do that i made it awkwerd for customs to charge me i refused to pay the vat by credit card..and then said 'ill pay you cash if you delivery it to an alternate address' anyways long story short they screwed up delivered it to the original address,i wasnt there,theycame back next day to the wrong address again and just dropped it off..to this they ive been charged for no shipping or customs over it !

eh not that id condone any of that kind of behaviour because irish import taxes are so fair on us poor feckers who get screwed daily by our wonderful gov ;)
    nem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr .Bungle

I checked out that regent.co.uk place. Even with all the shipping and VAT added on its still a lot cheaper on music123.com for a Nj Warlock. Would that unsoliciated gift thing work with a guitar? I don't see much magazeines giving out guitars

Oh there is this other place that sell cheap guitars. They are German so that solves the VAT thing and shipping is some thing like 12 sterling

its www.thomann.de

• Advertisement
Advertisement