Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spot the fake smile

Options
  • 03-11-2005 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Not sure if this is too "pop"-psychology for this forum - but these bbc surveys and fun AND also you're helping out with some real studies. There's personality tests, tests to see if you can hear colours, brain sex tests etc. hours of harmless fun here,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/index_surveys.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

all psychology is interesting so long as it is based on logic and has a scientific base.

there's some interesting tests on that site, i remember seeing a series a few years back on children's psychological development on BBC and it was quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I got 16/20 on that smile test.

A lot of those tests are pretty close to proper psychological testing. However I'm dubious of most personality tests as they measure at most five personality factors which is not enough detail in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

18/20 on that smile test. Fake smilers beware.

Nice link btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

18/20 - always look someone in the eyes as they smile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

hmm 17/20..interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i just did the 16 personality test apparently im a Mentor.

extrovert/ ruled by the heart/ planner/ have lots of ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

Got 18/20 on the smile test.

But I scored a low masculine brain on Brain Sex ID!!!! :(:( (Must be because I'm good at reading maps!)

I'm a woman, woman, woman!!! I disagree totally. I'm bad at maths and superb at languages.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hippie

Just did that personality test. Apparently I'm a provider (the most common personality type in the UK for women!) which is a bit dull....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 SHAKESPEARE_SIS

hippie wrote:
    Just did that personality test. Apparently I'm a provider (the most common personality type in the UK for women!) which is a bit dull....

So, you're not that happy with result! Do you agree that this is your personality type though?

Snorax: are you happy as Mentor? and do you agree?

Vangelis: fell foul of that map reading too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

im a strategist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

wow!!! I thought I did very well with 16/20 but I see there are some 18s and a 17 in here. well done. I agree, its all about the eyes... :rolleyes: not the knashers :D

Advertisement