Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help with "mensa puzzle"

• 03-11-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

trying to complete whats called a "MENSA" puzzle , excel file am sure some of you got by email etc

60 m in an h = 60 minutes in an hour etc

have 29 of the 33 (it does true/false etc)

stuck on

15 M on a D M C
    13 L in a B D
    13 S in the USF

?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

13 S in the USF - 13 Stripes in the United States Flag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Misumi

13 Loaves in a Baker's Dozen

15 men on a dead mans chest (comes from a pirate song i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

15 mice on a dead mans corpse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Misumi

hmmm..interesting, you sure it's mice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

its 15 men on Dead Mens Chest

I knew the FLag one grrr , u have to type it perfectly to get a point!

well I've completed so I am a "genius"

Its attached for any one who wants to try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

The point of these kinds of tests is that you have to do it alone, getting help makes the results meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

the point of the email I got was a bit of fun, simple as that.
    only reason I wanted to kow the missing clues was to ensure there wasn't a mistake, having to type exactly what they have the answer.

I mean the amount of provinces in SA is not "general knowledge"

And god love ya if you thought this test demonsrated something significant. In that case, where scoring 19 makes you a genius , I was quite happy to get 30 :)

The results were alrready meaningless other than as entertainment; I find other more significant ways to exercise and assess my intellectual abilities.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

shouldn't it be '60 minutes in an hour'
    pfft menza suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Dr. Octagon

I doubt that this constitutes a real MENSA test as it is culturally biased and depends on general knowledge rather than mental ability. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sounds more like the Diffney's Quiz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niceads

I have found a good website that provide service to answer excel quiz. I have tried and my friends think that I am very smart because i can answer all the question in the quiz correctly.
    The website is: http://answerpedia.blogspot.com

OSiriS wrote: »
    The point of these kinds of tests is that you have to do it alone, getting help makes the results meaningless.
    Yeah, within a time limit. I took a supervised test lightyears ago and scored 146. Grrr. Just missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ultramega

hey! light years is a measure of distance, not time ;-)
    Yeah, within a time limit. I took a supervised test lightyears ago and scored 146. Grrr. Just missed.

Advertisement