Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harry - Fair City

Options
  • 09-10-2005 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

So, whats the story then?

Is Harry really dead, or simply on the run?

Personally, I'm so NOT convinced that he did himself in.

Sorry, above should have read not.... now edited!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The actor guy who plays him left a good while ago and won't be back from what I've heard...I know somebody who works on the show....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I heard he'd a big row with the production team about poor wages or something, and he walked out!!!

Still though it seems odd of Harry's character to do himself in, I mean he always came accross as a very strong type of guy, and alwayd in control, someone who would always see himself through the worse. They could always replace him!!! Wouldn't be the 1st time they did it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

memphis wrote:
    They could always replace him!!! Wouldn't be the 1st time they did it!!!

Absolutely. Same to lose him though - the actor who played him was great. Still, the replacment couldn't be as bad as the new Seamus Mc Aleer..! :rolleyes:

yeah the other one was waaaaaay better - "monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-doh"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Dolores Molloy has to be the most hateful soap character ever.
    Her denial of Harry's death is to despised and mocked not pitied.

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Dolores Molloy has to be the most hateful soap character ever.
    Her denial of Harry's death is to despised and mocked not pitied.

As much as I loathe this character/plotline, I have to point out a gaping hole in what you're saying - namely the incorrectness of your whole comment. Having lost 2 daughters and now her husband over the course of her life, Dolores is refusing to accept Harry's death. It's not a case of her trying to be callous or "hateful"- she just doesn't believe it herself yet or hasn't come to terms with it. That anyone could honestly admit to "despising" or "mocking" a grieving woman is beyond me.

As much as I loathe this character/plotline, I have to point out a gaping hole in what you're saying - namely the incorrectness of your whole comment. Having lost 2 daughters and now her husband over the course of her life, Dolores is refusing to accept Harry's death. It's not a case of her trying to be callous or "hateful"- she just doesn't believe it herself yet or hasn't come to terms with it. That anyone could honestly admit to "despising" or "mocking" a grieving woman is beyond me.

Hateful: Exciting or deserving great dislike, aversion, or disgust; odious. "Unhappy, wretched, hateful day!" Shak.

I never said she was callous, nor does my comment imply it. You only have to look back at her previous behaviour/actions just to see how truly obnoxious this woman is.

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Hateful: Exciting or deserving great dislike, aversion, or disgust; odious. "Unhappy, wretched, hateful day!" Shak.

I never said she was callous, nor does my comment imply it. You only have to look back at her previous behaviour/actions just to see how truly obnoxious this woman is.

Does a widow's depression and inability to accept reality really "excite...great dislike, aversion, or digust" in you? You should be a character on the show! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AllStar

am i missing somthing here, you do realise that its only a soap, i.e. NOT REAL LIFE!!

OMG really!??! Maybe thats why none of them have been replying to my letters!! lol FC is crap but it's so crap it kind of makes it good if you know what I mean....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Maybe he is dead...but she killed him because of what he was putting her through with the whole "everyones talking about it" thing.
    Or maybe thats just me.

Maybe he is dead...but she killed him because of what he was putting her through with the whole "everyones talking about it" thing.
    Or maybe thats just me.

Dunbrody Abbey rocks.

Spent many childhood summers driving down with the parents to Duncannon, Booley Bay, Dollar Bay etc.

It does, it does!!!! I live right down the road....woot!
    Where you from, and what do you think of the storyline...(tryin not to get this locked!)

It does, it does!!!! I live right down the road....woot!
    Where you from, and what do you think of the storyline...(tryin not to get this locked!)

It would be great if Dolores went insane and then on a killing spree.

I grew up in New Ross. Haven't lived there for 14 years but my parents still do.

Went to Duncannon for a weekend in the summer. It was deadly. Hadn't been there in ages.

Am I correct in saying that the actress who plays Dolores is to leave the show in the New Year? Am sure I read it somewhere, maybe it was just a dream!!!

yeah, I read that too....I think its real...but they said that dev in corrie would leave 3 years ago, and he aint going til Christmas!!
    And Hey, I go to school in New Ross...ya mite have heard of the Mercy...

yeah, I read that too....I think its real...but they said that dev in corrie would leave 3 years ago, and he aint going til Christmas!!
    And Hey, I go to school in New Ross...ya mite have heard of the Mercy...

Yes - my sister went to school there.

Aye....oh the debs photos line the halls...

New Ross, and the Mercy??? Never heard of it.

Anyway, back on topic. So, Dolores is gonna be around for awhile longer I'm thinking.

ok..sorry...

• Advertisement
Advertisement