Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daithí Ó'Cearrbhaill/David Carroll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Well it doesn't have to stand for anything. But it does need a meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

I've got it!! We make it stand for something in a language that we can make up ourselves and then translate that into English for anyone who asks!!

How about we incorporate James Avery into the whole idea somehow? Oh, by the way, John Bowler and I saw James Avery playing Street Spirit after you left! We lied down in front of him, and he was very confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

James Avery shall be to .D.Z.X. what the Marx brothers are to Communism! Any further discussion of our revolutionary plans must be conducted in gibberish to conceal our intentions.

<gibberish>It's not called ".D.Z.X."! It's called ".D.Z.X"</gibberish>

• Advertisement

Gibberish/ I can't use cubes in my text./Gibberish

You mean that shows up as a cube? ARGH! Stupid Windows... that displays happily as an interrobang on Linux. Hooray for interrobangs!

I may be mistaken but I think interrabang is spelt as I have just spelt it. An Acronym ending in an interrabang is a hysterical idea! :D

I still think we should invent a new language solely for the purpose of making the acronym make sense. Kinda. And it should be called "Revolutionspeak"!!

<gibberish>We should make a whole nation out of this thing! Our official religion should be the cube thing, with James Avery as our god. And our national sport could be the game.</gibberish>

• Advertisement

damn You!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Hee hee... *hi5's guX*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

guX wrote:
    <gibberish>We should make a whole nation out of this thing! Our official religion should be the cube thing, with James Avery as our god. And our national sport could be the game.</gibberish>
    Why? Why would you even do something like that? I... I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, I really can't speak. I'm... just... too....

guX wrote:
    Yes, the Cube is our god. Conform heathens!!

cube.gif

Dear God!! That's brilliant! How did you do that?!

With The GIMP.

That's simply amazing. It just is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

i have just clicked on a link to something called the GIMP, i really need to stop doing that itll get me into trouble some day.

Yeah you should. You're ok in this case but next time you mightn't be so lucky....

• Advertisement

Gotta love those helpful gimps... err, I mean, the helpful GIMP.

Phew, got outta that one pretty easy...

*shamelessly bumps thread* So glad I never enquired as to the exact meaning of gimp. :)

GIMP = GNU Image Manipulation Tool.

The GNU Image Manipulation Program or The GIMP is a bitmap graphics editor, a program for creating and processing raster graphics. It also has some support for vector graphics. The project was started in 1995 by Spencer Kimball and Peter Mattis and is now maintained by a group of volunteers; it is licensed under the GNU General Public License.

Not what I ment.

Right, that discussion of gimps and the GIMP ends here. No more. Please. For the sake of us all...

Fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

Fish.

Oddly enough, thats exactly what she said. :confused:

Who is this "she" of whom you speak? *he says while hugging Tara*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

Who is this "she" of whom you speak? *he says while hugging Tara*

*hugs back* The person I was texting when I read that :D Unless, was that yo...but no, that's too crazy...I think I'll leave. :)

• Advertisement

Or, it could be your own thought and everyone's saying it because this is your dream in which the universe bends to the whim of your subconcious.

Advertisement