Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charlseland - Alarm installation

Options
  • 14-09-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

My girlfriend and I are about to move to Charlseland, Greystones. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good alarm installer. We want to get it done as soon as possible.

Cheers, jc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

We used Network Security who did the showhouses, we found them very good and they arrived when they said they would which believe me is not always the case!!
    I can get you the number if you want it?
    MPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

yeah, cheers MrsA. If you could it would be great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Any chance you could post the number on this thread, or PM it to me too please MrsA?

thanks,

Eoin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eoin_s wrote:
    Any chance you could post the number on this thread, or PM it to me too please MrsA?

thanks,

Eoin

MrsA - could you post this number, or PM it to me please?

thanks,

Eoin

Hi Eoin,
    We got a leaflet through our door the other day with the details of an alarm installer in Greystones. Dont have them on me at the mo, but I'll post them as soon as I get them

• Advertisement

Much appreciated John, thanks very much.

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sunuru

Johnc72 wrote:
    My girlfriend and I are about to move to Charlseland, Greystones. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good alarm installer. We want to get it done as soon as possible.

Cheers, jc
    We used Lara Alarms and they were also fantastic. They were there on time and never had a problem with it however it's sometimes better if you use the same company as the show house because they would know the house and system well and takes them half the time. In our case it was Lara Alarms, thats why we used them (plus they gave us a good price ;) ). Ive also heard good feedback from other people about Eircom phone watch and they usually have good offers on in order to expand their market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jose90

We used an Eircom phonewatch product called eirlink, its not really advertised, you don't need a phoneline and it's still monitored via the cellular network, its an extra €275 ontop of the alarm, but you won't need a landline and you won't have any line rental.
    God will only know when any phone lines will be able to be installed in charlesland court and then it will be another month you'll have to wait for phonewatch. With the phonewatch you'll also get a few quid back off your house insurance
    We are only moved in about a month ago and on our first night in Charlesland Court we had an attempted breakin, even though the car was in the driveway and there was lights on in the house, they still tried it. We left a window open to let some air into the house as it was too warm. I pretty sure it was opportunists. The cops came very quickly and had a look for them. Havn't had any trouble since and the windows upstairs will probably not be opened again unless there is somebody in the rooms. So be aware of your windows being open/closed.

Sunuru wrote:
    We used Lara Alarms and they were also fantastic. They were there on time and never had a problem with it however it's sometimes better if you use the same company as the show house because they would know the house and system well and takes them half the time. In our case it was Lara Alarms, thats why we used them (plus they gave us a good price ;) ). Ive also heard good feedback from other people about Eircom phone watch and they usually have good offers on in order to expand their market.

Can you let me know what the price was for installation? PM me if you want to keep it off thread :)

@Mods - maybe this thread should be merged with "Charlesland Greystones anyone moving there?" thread?

Here's that number Eoin it's 01 2950823. CK Alarms €550 =vat for a 3 bedroom

• Advertisement

Johnc72 wrote:
    Here's that number Eoin it's 01 2950823. CK Alarms €550 =vat for a 3 bedroom

Excellent - thanks a mil John... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

I too was thinking about Network Security but after calling them I felt they where a bit Amateurish,
    The girl on the phone could not tell me about Wireless Installations\Panic Buttons etc,,....No website and I think in business since 1997,

I decided to pay the extra and go with Eircom Phonewatch,...Installation is almost the same but monitoring in €250 a year as a Apposed to Network Security's €150,..:confused:

I'm not Eircom's biggest fan but for piece of mind I went with the tried and tested,

Earlsie

Advertisement