Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Salmiak Vodka

Options
  • 04-09-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

A real finnish treat.

Ingredients:
    1 box of Finnish salted licorice
    1L Vodka

Let the two infuse into each other for a few days and you have a sweet, syrupy, intensely licoricey vodka that is excellent if enjoyed in moderation.

This also works well with other sweets like starbursts (but try to get all of one flavour!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

skittlebrau!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I tried some vodka once that had had several chillis soaking in it for a week.

It was actually a very interesting spicy drink. I might make some myself sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Sarky wrote:

It was actually a very interesting spicy drink. I might make some myself sometime.
    Thats not a bad one, never tried it, but been recommended to.

You can find anything with strong flavour and infuse it in. I wonder what mint vodka would be like.......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    skittlebrau!
    That actually works. Dump a pack of skittles in vodka and it makes nice shooters. Take the red one out or it will turn a nasty brown colour.
    I have gotten stuff from this place.

http://www.friendlyscripts.com/partyman_se/stexpo/default.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Sarky wrote:

I made it myself before. Twas spicey and nice.

Skittlebraw is nice when you seperate all the colours out of each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement