Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daithí Ó'Cearrbhaill/David Carroll

• 26-08-2005 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I was in Chinese at Session 2 this year. I was a nooB this year and next year I shall be a Nevermore :( . I was known as: Daithí,David,Dave,Tall Dave(at least I think that's me I was never sure),Snazzy Dave,Comrade Dave,The First Leprachaun in Pennsylvania,Sun You Hu,Stalin Junior,That Creepy Non-Nevermore Guy,That Guy Who Said The Plastic Bag Was Beautiful and if you can think of any aliae or pseudonyms that I've forgotten please post them! I was known for:going round in Kate's coat doing John Travolta impressions and singing "Stayin' Alive", head-banging at the discos,stick-flicking,having an incredibly evil sense of humour and being an all-round verage guy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

w00t Go Daithí! you kicked ass and thanks for the name:D and you were a really creepy 1970s murderer/psycho at the Hallowe'en disco :D

Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Your evil clown faces scared the **** out of me. As did your general self. But hey, I'm posting in your thread so you must be cool! =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Only two replys! :( I'm unloved! Thank you Jean and Shiney, but my life has been ruined by tonight! Kate's not coming tomorrow, only Shiney took my threats of physical violence on Bill's thread seriously and only 2 people posted on mine!

Oh well! David Franklin said something nice about my hair so I'm okay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

I was a n00b in 04 and a nevermore in 05 so I know wat its like jus remember to live it to the extream!!!!

That I shall Pierce! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Woo! You rock!

Sorry I thought your name was Ciaran by the way, was only a letter off... ^^;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

i remember you, god i havent seen you in ages.

PINBALL WIZARD!

ps, that pic is useless to try and identify you by.

Evidently Guy! I think you're confusalating me with Dave Ruane! :D

What are you on about?

Oh, and R4ph, don't worry about it darling! Cíaran's a lovely name! :D (Damn, I love that smilie!)

• Advertisement

Well Guy, we spoke only a few hours ago and appart from my devotion to The 'Oo I see no good reason to call me Pinball Wizard, which other Dave played alot! If I am mistaken, though, I appologise for any confusilation caused and feel honoured to be identified with Pete Townshend's greatest creation! :D

i know we spoke only a few hours ago, iit was a joke.
    i associate you with the who for some reason and in the who episode of the simpsons homer keeps shouting that at them.

Joke? What is...*checks Encarta*...oh, humour? That explains it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miss_dervedith

hello! we met today on the bus but oddly, never in ctyi. and we even had friends in common! oh well. whereabouts do you live anywho? :)

In Monaghan town. The new house on the Ballybay road. Yes, that one. ;) And yourself?

In Monaghan town. The new house on the Ballybay road. Yes, that one. ;) And yourself?
    i know that one, nice lookin' place you've got there.

It's the measure of how boring Monaghan is that I can say that and be pretty sure any north Monaghonians (and a small minority of other south Ulstrans) will know it! ;) Must resist... :D Dammit!

It's the measure of how boring Monaghan is that I can say that and be pretty sure any north Monaghonians (and a small minority of other south Ulstrans) will know it! ;) Must resist... :D Dammit!
    dude, i dont know your house, i live in westmeath ffs.

I know. I only said that to confusilate you! :D If you read carefully you'll that you aren't actually counted as a South Ulstran! Not even South Monagonians get counted as South Ulstrans :) ! Tbh I be would disturbed if you actually knew where I live! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

I love you Dave! Sorry I can't make this post longer. You'll find the reason in my thread. You rock dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Well, you posted in my thread, so I might as well post in yours...
    I have to say, I think I may have met you at some point, but I can't really remember. Were you there when I connected the speakers to my walkman and started talking like a radio DJ (or so I was told)?

Did you have 90s kids show theme tunes and the Star Wars gangsta rap? Or was it during the picnic?

To the best of my recollection, 'twas during during the picnic. But I do spend a lot of my time dangerously low on sleep, so my memory may not be what it could be. But yes, I'm pretty sure it was during the picnic.

I spent the whole picnic in a twilight between sleep and conciousness but I do remember watching someone adjusting there speakers on the table in front of me I'm hving great difficulty remembering what said person looked like. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Daithi! I can't believe I haven't posted in your thread yet! *posts in your thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Thou doth rock!! You better come back next year! Or else... my plans will be completely disrupted.

Viva La Revolution Glorioso De .D.Z.X.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

We should make it .D.Z.X‽ Hooray for Interrobangs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Of course we should! We just need to figure out what it means...

• Advertisement

I spent the whole picnic in a twilight between sleep and conciousness but I do remember watching someone adjusting there speakers on the table in front of me I'm hving great difficulty remembering what said person looked like. :confused:
    If you can remember the wonderful sounds of Rory Gallagher coming out of the speakers, it was me. If not... it could still have been me. I played a lot of stuff.

Advertisement