Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dónall Mac Diamada 2003-2005

• 21-08-2005 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

According to my sig I did

Economics- Session 1 2003. RA-Keith.
    Memorable moments inlcude rooming with John Bowler and being "blessed" with the nickname "carlowboy"

Medicine In The Lab-Session 1 2004. RA- Dermot Delaney
    Great for having the joint-best motherfocking RA ever. RA meeting were one of the funniest things I've ever been at

Modern Maths- Session 1 2005. RA- Robert Rooney
    Great for having the joint-best motherfocking RA ever.Was suppoed to be my nevermore year.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

A picture of me as wel (it was 80s themed remember...):

CTYI-pic-73.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...Make the pants black, and that's something I'd wear most any day....

Would you wear the buttons opened like that though?

On a hot day yes

Raphael wrote:
    On a hot day yes

I remember, you, Aonghas from 2 years ago. You were famous back then for being "Oisin's brother" which used to piss you off

• Advertisement

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

carlowboy wrote:
    I remember, you, Aonghas from 2 years ago. You were famous back then for being "Oisin's brother" which used to piss you off

Very tactful of you to bring that up, eh Donall? I bet Aonghus appreciates it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

I think I saw you randomly about a week or so after ctyi was over. it was someone who looked somewhat like you at least.

Was I wearing a traffic light coloured jersey par chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

heya carlow boy i only remembered that your anme was Donal after reading that. funny things nicknames.................wasnt it the guy who always slept fault?

hils

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

carlowboy wrote:
    Was I wearing a traffic light coloured jersey par chance?

from what I remember, yes

That would be me,yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Raphael wrote:
    ...Make the pants black, and that's something I'd wear most any day....
    sadly, that is true, i have a vague memory of aonghus (in complete sincerity)trying to decide what pants to wear when all he had to choose from were several pairs of black denims.
    good times... ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

I have a very clear memory of you and Kevin talking about how to tie a pair of Dubes in the quad for some reason. Just a random memory. I didn't know you all that well, but I'm sure you rocked. :D

sadly, that is true, i have a vague memory of aonghus (in complete sincerity)trying to decide what pants to wear when all he had to choose from were several pairs of black denims.
    good times... ;):D
    Hahaha, I still do that

See, one of my pairs is really tight, and one of the others is still really black...I'ma stop talking now...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

note to donal: there's more to boards than the CTYI forum, that sig'll look really odd if you post anywhere else

Zounds wrote:
    note to donal: there's more to boards than the CTYI forum, that sig'll look really odd if you post anywhere else

John, I don't post on any of the other forums so I'm ok

Adesina wrote:
    I have a very clear memory of you and Kevin talking about how to tie a pair of Dubes in the quad for some reason. Just a random memory. I didn't know you all that well, but I'm sure you rocked. :D

That was us alright. I eventually got the dubes tied by Alanna(sp?) and Chiedza and I recently got a Ross O Carroll Kelly t-shirt from the Sunday Tribune :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Adesina wrote:

You shouldn't have gotten him started on the dubes, the amount of conversations I've heard Dónall havin about Dubes... :D

Ah you know you're a ledge Dónall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

J Campion wrote:
    You shouldn't have gotten him started on the dubes, the amount of conversations I've heard Dónall havin about Dubes... :D

Ah you know you're a ledge Dónall.

Now that you mention it, I did hear him have a lot of conversations about Dubes, maybe he has a Dubes fetish.

Edit: Fair enough then, maybe a wierd Dubes obsession?

• Advertisement

Adesina wrote:
    Now that you mention it, I did hear him have a lot of conversations about Dubes, maybe he has a Dubes fetish.
    It's not a fetish if you talk about it the whole time like I did. It didn't help that I had a TA like Ciaran either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fortytwo

wasnt it the guy who always slept fault?

I think that im the guy who always fell asleep (well i did a good few times anyway). if its me your talking bout i dont think i could take credit for calling him carlowboy. i slagged him bout carlow but i tink it was chris that came up with carlowboy...
    Its ronan by the way

And I did Engineering this year in what was by far the best CTYI. For me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

you are a legend.... break*engineering joke people*

Odran, you steaming pile of homosexuality! You doorty yoke..

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

bend over and ill show you donall..... better still ill slap you again at half one in our room, wahey

And you videod it you focker. I was wrecked after oxegen man! I'm only really recovered now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Actually believe it or not I talked to Dónall once, ever, at the table quiz in Session 1 2005, and Ross O'Carroll Kelly came up. But I had a hard time believing he actually realised Ross O'Carroll Kelly is a _pisstake_ of that kind of person, based on mannerisms and yes, Dubesness.

Is it just me or is Carlow over-represented at CTYI??

If over represented you mean myself and Emmet of 216 people, then yes. And yeah, I always knew Ross was a pisstake.Jeeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

I know of at least two more people.

Advertisement