Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guy Wingfield Horan

• 19-08-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

S1 - 2002 - Corporate Business
    Was just another face in the crowd

S1 - 2003 - Legal Studies
    Again just another face in the crowd, but had a hat.

S2 - 2004 - Japanese
    A face in a smaller(3 person) crowd (i was mc with rory and aonghus, made peanut pops(eeeevil*shudder*),still had hat but it was kinda redundant as hair was longerand head was warm.

S2 - 2005 - Advertising - Nevermore.
    another face in the crowd, had a man-bbag in place of afore mentioned hat.
    heres a pic (i stole it off liz,but she stole my soul so its a fair swop)
    Guy2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

You were not just another face in the crowd! Back me up people!! *Looks at aonghus* You were one of the soundest guys there. Oh yeah 4 years!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Fabulo

And you had the patch! Anyone else remember the patch? And your hat smelled really good... (that's an odd sentence to say...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Guy you were one of the most recognisable faces in any crowd. I am so going to tickle your ankles at Maiden. I'll get Jimmcha and Bill to hold you down. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Guy your a leg or the highest order... who else would do an improv punk rock song and let their durmmer away with going into reverse timing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Another face in the crowd???
    The hell? I must have missed that crowd of Guy look-alikes that seem to be on our campus so much... ;)
    Dude, you rock!!! Quite funny, on the Wednesday you came this year you could just see all the Nevermore's/older CTYIers sitting on campus going "When the hell is Guy getting here?" People, back me up here!!!
    Love you sweetie!!! :)

• Advertisement

Guy your a leg or the highest order... who else would do an improv punk rock song and let their durmmer away with going into reverse timing.....

I just laughed my ass off man to be honest when you did that. :p

I spent that day, well, the boring parts, waiting for Guy. Then, when he arrived during the RA meeting, I dived over several desks and glomped him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

Yeah Guy, shuttupayaface!!
    you ain't no face in the crowd!
    i remember you came late and i was talking to Jamie in the street and was like "who's that guy?" and Jamie was like "that's Guy!" and then we like pissed ourselves laughing when i eventually realised that your actual name was Guy. yeah we had many fun times, dude - you rock!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Guy! The next time I see you your ankles are MINE! They were possibly the funniest moments of CTYI, watching you jump a mile into the air whenever someone got near those ankles of yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Oooh, that hat smelled soooo good! I hope you still use Lynx shampoo, mmmmm..... Face in the crowd my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I've nothing to do with CTYI, just noticed your name on the front page of boards and
    checked the post. Looked at the pic.
    Moate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Face in the crowd?????Jesus Guy we're strange but we aint that bad.... Lol- you were fairly memorable...

You have ticklish ankles!?!?!?!
    After all the times you cornered me to poke me in the sides I only find out now what your weaknesses are??? *bangs head repeatedly* Gotta stop finding out people's weaknesses so late, when I can't use them... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

tbh, i was just so happy that the guitar was making noise to give a say anything :D

Quiet you! Get back to staring at your feet like a good bassist! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I've nothing to do with CTYI, just noticed your name on the front page of boards and
    checked the post. Looked at the pic.
    Moate?

yep he's from moate iirc (and i do), i was in his corporate business class way back in 2002 (great lego presentation btw guy ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

another face in the crowd? scoffs. you are a legend. Guy for president!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I seriously doubt you'll be remembered as another face in the crowd, especially after putting the fish in Ciaran's drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Best. Roommate. Ever!

especially after putting the fish in Ciaran's drawer.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Ah yes, but who started that soon to be tradition??? Never forget your Japanese class roots or Squishy-san Banderas the First!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Ah yes, but who started that soon to be tradition??? Never forget your Japanese class roots or Squishy-san Banderas the First!!!
    hmm, i wonder what happened to him?
    ;)

• Advertisement

;)
    Didn't we use him as an ingredient in one of our crazzzzzzzy recipes?

Raphael wrote:
    Best. Roommate. Ever!

I'm so offended Aonghus!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

;)
    Gráinne killed him, the fish-slayer that she is!

Sorry man, but Guy pwned. You were a close second though.

We called this years fish Blanch and almost killed it by adding too much tank cleaner to his tank when ... er... someone... misread the instructions (35 litres and 351ml look pretty similar). Anyway how did Squishy die?

Ok, this is to finally clear up the mystery surrounding Squishy-san Banderas the First's death. Click here

It's good to know that our japanese class has made some kind off tradition. Though so far it's been done just by people from that class. Unless that changes, the tradition will end with Joe (since he was the youngest and will be in CTYI long after we're gone). Damn his youth. :mad:

Hey, one of the rest of us could be his RA, wouldn't that be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Not exactly what you'd call another face in the crowd, and everyone, or indeed anyone with a name as memorable as yours gets remebered, everyone turns aroudn to see who owns the name and such during the big role call. and now im rambling

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    sorry but contrary to previous statements im not able to go to the reunion on saturday,
    i hope youll have a good time and ill seeya during the year.

Guy

Advertisement