Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB/BOI Student Loan

• 11-08-2005 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I have my last year of college (NUI) starting in October
    I have 900 to pay the registration/capitation thing but I'll need to find 2500 from somewhere (bus tickets, books, food) looks like a loan, never had a loan before
    Is it possible to take a repayment holiday for 9 months? or anything

Yes, I'll goto the bank, but I want the real story here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

BOI do deferred repayment schemes like that. I took 5,500 of them last october going into my second year and was due to start repaying it this summer. The repayments however were too high (they wanted me to pay it all off during the summer twsa like 450 a week!!!) but after a little hassle they were kind enough to extend my loan to 6,300 and allow me to pay it off over 3 yrs. Thats a bit of a stinger i suppose but its only 45 a week, well manageble and i wouldnt be in college without it so...judge for yourself. They did allow mw to defer payments completely tho for the lenth of the college term last year tho, and if your in final year and entering the workforce next year you should be grand. \They'll still want a guarantor tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

vector, deferred payment is alot to ask, much better to say you will start repaying immediately, but only a token amount each week, and then yes once you finish up that rapayment to a normal amount

banks like to see you rapaying debts, even if it is only bit by bit, they know you are still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I had to get a loan of 6g in first year, and extend it by 4 last year. I'm looking at another 4g extension this year. So I went to the credit union - they're more flexible than banks, and the rate in my credit union at home is 6.6% for a student loan, not bad as student loans go. If you have an account with the credit union, talk to them. Research costs nothing. Regardless of where you go, you'll need a guarantor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭ShreddedHumans

Is capitation gone up to €900 everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Is capitation gone up to €900 everywhere?

I don't have the 05/06 figure for "capitation + registration" so that was a guesstimate on the high side, maybe it will be 800, find out what it was last year and add 50 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭ShreddedHumans

It's been €750 for the last 2 years I'd say it will be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

It's been €750 for the last 2 years I'd say it will be the same again.

just had a look at my 04/05 invoice

registration 750 + capitation 65 = 815

so whatever about the breakdown 815 is what I had to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Will banks defer student loan repayments and if so for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ask them, I'm sure an employee of AIB or BOI can tell you more about it.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

reg for ucd is 838.50 so - 50 from dat and u get 788 a 30 euro increase not too bad i suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement