Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair city gone off the boil lately ....

Options
  • 21-06-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

FC and Corrie the best soaps ... but feel FC a bit crappy at the mo' ..
    The storylines are tired and actually repeating themselves a lot ...

Not another incest story ... Floyd and Heather got it on not so long ago and now it's happening to Emma and David (the new young characters) ... is this the only way characters can find out that they're related ?? !

Nicola and a new Nanny for Oisin, ooohh, I wonder what's gonna happen there now ... you don't think Nicola's gonna get romantically involved with him ...

Where have Ray and Mondo, the Phelans, and Tracy gone ... I'm missing their funny turn of phrases.

Even Sarah's hard-nosed characteristics are beginning to melt all over the school principal ... that is so unlikely for her character .. she should be going with someone way sexier ...

Com on FC, I know it's summertime, but get it together !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

guest31 wrote:
    FC and Corrie the best soaps ... but feel FC a bit crappy at the mo' ..
    The storylines are tired and actually repeating themselves a lot ...

Not another incest story ... Floyd and Heather got it on not so long ago and now it's happening to Emma and David (the new young characters) ... is this the only way characters can find out that they're related ?? !

Nicola and a new Nanny for Oisin, ooohh, I wonder what's gonna happen there now ... you don't think Nicola's gonna get romantically involved with him ...

Where have Ray and Mondo, the Phelans, and Tracy gone ... I'm missing their funny turn of phrases.

Even Sarah's hard-nosed characteristics are beginning to melt all over the school principal ... that is so unlikely for her character .. she should be going with someone way sexier ...

Com on FC, I know it's summertime, but get it together !

Yeah..Nicola and yer man are supposed to get it together soon...
    That creepy looking dude( Davids dad) ends up telling David about Emma soon...they go out on a date first supposedly..oh god..deja vu.
    Anything else??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

David's dad is such a creepo ... he's scary! So is that lawyer fella that's organising the whole scam thing in the "club". I don't like Lorcan either, he's just bleh. And as for that new fella that Suzanne is going out, he's just horrible, get him away!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hOPEFULLY dAVIDS DAD TELLS HIM SOON , iTS TOO NEAR SINCE THE LAST INCEST LINE , TOO SOON TO BRING IT IN AGAIN.

ou sorry about the caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Was thinking the exact same thing about the incest thing too, but thats soaps for ya, they scrap the bottom of the barrel until the finally come up with an interesting new plot.

Oh, and yeah, Nicola and the new male Nanny are to hit it off soon.

So predictable , all the soaps are gone a bit annoying lately , Havent really been so eager to tune in , Ya fair city Id say this whole Lorcan , Mick thing is set to be there next big story , some kind of dummed down rehashed Billy Meehan scumbag crap coming into it , and without a charcter like Billy to pull it off we`ll all be just sat there going ''yea bored''.I dunno why they brought Lorcan and that young one into it even , 2 pains , give me oir lookin at em.

• Advertisement

I'm the exact same. I think its just that during the summer people have better tings to do that sit in and watch all the soaps. I mean the weather is generally good and its brighter now til late, so people are sitting out, or walking, or if your a student your working for the summer. Besides, the soaps are crap anyway, and in fairness its probably fair to say they always have been, but during other sessions ya watch em cos ya got nothing better to do than just sit in front of the box for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Oooooooooooooooh tonight's gonna be good though!!

He he he, that creepo dad tells his son about Emma! Roll on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I can just imagine the dialogue now!

Dad: You know that emma girl, well you didn't do anything with her... You know!
    Son: No I dont what! Its none of your business... No.. No I Didn't!
    Dad: Ah good, cos she's your half sister... Oh and dont tell you mother!

:D

Yeah it should be a good episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭SeanW

Well, it works ...

tinkerbell wrote:
    And as for that new fella that Suzanne is going out, he's just horrible, get him away!!!

lol yeah hes the guy form that ad with ray darcy. obviously the flicking ray done on his ear at the funeral eventually drove him over the edge

• Advertisement

lol yeah hes the guy form that ad with ray darcy. obviously the flicking ray done on his ear at the funeral eventually drove him over the edge

cool I vouldnt remember where I saw himk before , hey whos the guy thats the husband to renee`s new old frend ?whats he out of ?

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    cool I vouldnt remember where I saw himk before , hey whos the guy thats the husband to renee`s new old frend ?whats he out of ?

i didnt see him yet.

silas wrote:
    I can just imagine the dialogue now!

Dad: You know that emma girl, well you didn't do anything with her... You know!
    Son: No I dont what! Its none of your business... No.. No I Didn't!
    Dad: Ah good, cos she's your half sister... Oh and dont tell you mother!

:D

Yeah it should be a good episode!

would emma be better off sh**ging her half-brother or that weird chap form the cult, "and i embrace the family" ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

OLDYELLAR wrote:

He's Bryan Murray, Flurry Knox from The Irish RM, and baddie in Brookie years ago, also of Pogoland fame ...

Think they must've heard me in tv land, cos suddenly Ray, Tracy, Renee et al are back in it this week + I like the new nordic character (accent mmm) ...

Latest gripe tho is with the new Seamus ... like he's aged about 20 years ... not saying I liked the old one, but Orla and this one getting it on .. eeewwww

guest31 wrote:
    + I like the new nordic character (accent mmm) ...

he is the guy in macdonalds ad who tries to flog the bedsit with the bathroom/sittingroom.

he is the guy in macdonalds ad who tries to flog the bedsit with the bathroom/sittingroom.
    wow really?an lorcans gf is the girl from that add yea?

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    wow really?an lorcans gf is the girl from that add yea?

Correct. Thats her ok.

And yeah the new foreign guy that's playing the nanny is in the ad too, right?

ha cool!I never copped twas him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

i agree esp with the sudden change i one off the chracters seamus hes gone form a youngish man to a fatter older chracter bizzare or what :confused:

Hey are that family that came in with the son who got the soccer placement in england , meant to be coming back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

oh yeah, totally forgot about them ... the parents weren't that great but I thought the young son Kurt had potential .. well, the Phelans were out of it for ages but are back on now with this storyline .. anyone else think Christy looks much better with a beard ?! But I'd say that family served their purpose .. the mother's so called affair with Jimmy ...

Twas a bit weird the way they were only in it for like a month :confused: .Yea the phelans theres only so much ya can do with them , their pretty boring aernt they >?I think so anyway.
    Hey where did delores molloy go ?dis she left because Harry went to jail?I kinda missed a couple a episodes an they were both gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah I know what you mean, it seems the only thing with them revolves around either Floyd (when he's in it) or the Eunice n Clive storyline. Though they're fairly interesting when compared to Charlie n Mags, those two bore the arse off me.

yea like charlie , mags an bella are soo boring , there only doin cameos at this stage :) but like I find the phelans very boring , altho I reckon this flurry knox guy is goina be a con artist or something , dunno :confused:

Advertisement