Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Modding Xbox in Dublin

Options
  • 21-06-2005 10:26pm

I am needing an xbox modded this week, is there anybody in Dublin that can do it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Why not just softmod it yourself?

Ill softmod it for you if you havent the time/knowhow, altough its easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

If you get the chip ill install it and set it up for you
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Just softmod it with Krayzie's installer - easiest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lord Oz is right, Krayzie's owns. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I just got an executor 3 ce today and I'm gonna have a go at installing myself. Doesnt look too hard but i've never soldered before. Does anyone know where I can get a 15W soldering pencil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I am needing an xbox modded this week, is there anybody in Dublin that can do it ?

Elmer on this board does them, he did my first one in fact. I'd recommend him without reservation, top bloke. Try sending him a PM if you want any more info.

I asked Elmer and he has no chips right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I can second the recommendation for Peterk19, he did mine and a mates no probs (still have to drop the other one upto ya for the movies mate sorry no time at the mo!).

Pm him for info. You buy the chip and HD he does all the messy side of the install.

i have chips, and i could softmod, PM me if your interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 willbe4ce

I have an X-Box crystal Sept 2004 and I suspect 1.6a or b. Are there any issues with soft modding one of these ? Likewise if I go the chip route what would be recmommended chipset, do I need any other software ??

• Advertisement

no, i beleive the xecuter solderless chips work with 1.6/b, with an adaptor, softmod would work fine too, and wouldn't void your warrenty cos you dont have to open machiene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 willbe4ce

Thanks for that.

Does anyone have information on the Krayzie installation of the softmod, what do I need and the steps involved ??

I don't have access to a modded box so I wil need to connect to USB. Are gamepad to usb adapters easy to get and where is the best place ?

i have, and have used the krayzie UXE softmod many times, PM me and and i could give you some advice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Easy Target

where, when and how much for a cheap chip that'l do the trick? xbox

Is there anybody out there that could softmod mine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

the softmod is a diy kinda thing - on a side note i got chips again if you're interested

Yeah, softmoddding is piss easy. So are the chips in fact :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

anyone got links or info on the Krayzie method

The Forums at www.xbox-scene.com and use this> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=262740 to get the save onto your xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

So if i want to "unlock"/chip/mod my xbox i can:

Hardware Mod:
    Buy a modchip (solder or pins)

Softmod:
    Used the audio/game/font exploit by A)usb/memory card or B) Hot swapping

right?

Which way is easiest? Ideally i don't want to have to buy any extras, so i presume hot swapping the drives is the way to go? Any input?

• Advertisement
Advertisement