Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Oul Castlebar

• 13-10-2004 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Anyone a lil bit freaked out by the "mentally unstable" people that seem to roam the streets of Castlebar in abundance..such as the guy that kisses and blesses everything he passes including bicycles,windows,wheelie bins and their contents! Theres also a homeless guy that has cat tied to a dog and looks to be constantly stoned yet the Gardai don't seem to do anything about him and last but not least the old man with the crooked back and 2 walking sticks that is always,ALWAYS out on the town going nowhere slow...I know I am!....also anyone know of an elderly woman that was across from the Hospital and told me to get the f**k away from her house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Anyone a lil bit freaked out by the "mentally unstable" people that seem to roam the streets of Castlebar in abundance..such as the guy that kisses and blesses everything he passes including bicycles,windows,wheelie bins and their contents!

Ah good ol Jack! I saw him yesterday picking a piece of plastic up off the ground, kissing it, blessing himself and then putting it in his pocket.
    Theres also a homeless guy that has cat tied to a dog and looks to be constantly stoned yet the Gardai don't seem to do anything about him

I've heard about him but haven't seen him yet.

and last but not least the old man with the crooked back and 2 walking sticks that is always,ALWAYS out on the town going nowhere slow...

That guy is worth a FORTUNE but to look at him you wouldn't think he has tuppence to rub together

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭irishgeo

havent seem jack or the cat - dog fella but the fellow with the walking sticks i have seen.

You should try going to the college, they wander around there like they are students.

irishgeo wrote:
    You should try going to the college, they wander around there like they are students.

Well don't forget that the college campus is what used to be the biggest phsyciatric (sp?) hospital in the west!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Your all forgetting about johnny the queer the old guy with the long beard, wearing dirty old clothes goin around mumbeling to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

they are a comical bunch arnt they? :p

theres one that looks just like one of the characters in redmeat, linky

the one on the front page.
    same crazy eyes....

there used to be one that wandered around the college and bummed cigarettes from students when he could.
    igor we called him.
    but there was an incident last year when one of the other inmates stabbed him with a dinner knife in the chest a couple of times. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I heard about that!.....but I thought it was a student, Well at least the crazy people make this sh!thole interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I heard about that!.....but I thought it was a student, Well at least the crazy people make this sh!thole interesting
    You can say that again. This town sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You think you have it bad now? For all four years of my college life in Galway, I was convinced the infamous Warty Nora was stalking me...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's harsh Ciaran!

As for the mad ones of Castlebar - all you kids don't remember Butts - he used to pick up cigarette buts and smoke them and then he found his was into the college canteen and staqrted drinking old cups of coffee (usually with ash and cigarette buts in them). Harsh. He disappeared then and we assumed the worst, but subsequently found out he had been transferred.

As for the homeless guy with his cat and dog, he's a strange fruit. I think he's sleeping up around the train station. I hear tales of him being pretty out of it - probably shrooms or trips. Dunno where he got the shrooms though, the weather's been too bad for them :)

I saw that guy shooting up in the arcade a couple of weeks ago and he was outside McDonalds about 2 Fridays ago and he was feeding his puppy Nuggets....Where did he get money for Nuggets?...More importantly why didn't he feed himself...This Town needs to be filmed in a documentary type show and put on RTE, they try to make Dublin look bad...come here!, at least in Dublin they have method behind their madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Its strange going back now, even a year ago there weren't that many around the place.

I did a revision course in the IT before the leaving a year and a half ago, you had to run a gauntlet of heavy smoking angry people.

I think they are trying to phase them out of the college and so they are letting them out and are just going to do check ups on them

afaik they just leave it open at the weekends, the amount of "strange" people increases several fold then anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

you will never guess what i heard about the crazy guy that goes around with his cat and dog...he is after buying a portible DVD player....never mind the nuggets, where the fcuk did he get the money for that...also he went into a shop to buy the underworld c.d

What can you say but that guys a legend...anyone notice the bald guy that seems to stare at you every time you walk past him and its like he follows you before you lose him by walking fast...bald always licking his mouth

Yeah.

and the fellah with the cat and dog has taken to having coffee in the u.c. leaving the animals and his stuff just at the door, he sits by the window waving at them.

lol I WANNA PARTY WITH THAT GUY!

Anybody see the interview with the cat dog fella in the free paper pushed throught the letter box. The Mayo Echo i thinks its called. He has got a werid name and he found the cat and has lots of interesting views on things. He walks everywhere. Waled from galway to castlebar.

He doesnt know how long he will stay in Castlebar though.

I actually saw him in the upper crust alright...twice once about 4:30 in the evening and he was waving at the dog and cat then when he turned round again the dog went walk about and he leapt out of his chair and ran to the door and shouted at him to get back and stay...he could make a good living training dogs if he could get over the terrors of tripping on pot lol....the other time I saw him the dog had the cats head in it mouth and the cat was scratching at the dog....playfully I assume.

I'm gonna need confirmation on that Portable DVD Player though. Is he dangerous?, cus he's always talking to random punters.

Anyone see the guy with the really wild bushy hair and the eyes that are about to pop out of his head...he looks really unstable

Anyone see the guy with the really wild bushy hair and the eyes that are about to pop out of his head...he looks really unstable

That'd be me.....oh no wait, I'm bald.

• Advertisement

lol...imagine they all had their own secret society and they actually monitored this site....whoaaaaa...scary thought but I think we're safe I don't think they could manage to organise a secret society...they could barely manage a fart after a Mexican dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

The guy with the cat and the dog is a mental case and abuses them both he kicked in the dogs teeth .

I've heard he got them both taken off him 2 weeks ago, how long till he gets new ones I wonder

He seems to have moved to Westport now. I saw him yesterday with a new puppy (only a couple of months old I'd say) who looked petrified. I saw him this morning again and he was talking to himself. Very strange man!!

Anybody ever see the guys who runs everywhere. I meet him everyday coming from the train station driection always running witha plastic bag and trousers too small for him. Dont know why he in such a hurry.

Sarky wrote:
    You think you have it bad now? For all four years of my college life in Galway, I was convinced the infamous Warty Nora was stalking me...
    done 6 months work experience having been a student in the college before that and nora aint that bad. she used to come in to the business studies tecnichain office and i chat to her. darragh said what ever you dont ever get the wrong side of her. i seen her give out to some student once and it wasnt very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭MissyKiki

All campuses have psychos. I'm just used to addressing them as Dr. or Prof. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

the story with the guy with the cat and the dog is that he threw the cat at one of the dunnes stores managers in town and he missed him.

the cat hit the wall and died :(

the cops then took the dog off him aswell.
    havnt seen him around since.

As for the guy you described magnolia fan, go to the redmeat.com site, its a online comic. the guy on the frontpage is bug eyed earl and hes the spitting image of him!

lol WOOOOAAHHH Spitting image of him!...freaky!

• Advertisement
Advertisement