Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff to do in Limerick

• 27-03-2005 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Please everybody post things you enjoy doing in the city to give others an idea of something fun that they can do!!

Limerick City

Kids
    Playgrounds - there is one in the People's Park and in park on the dublin road!

More information can be found on opening hours from Limerick City Council on (061) 417599.

Arcade The pool/snooker hall/arcade called 'New Vic' on Hartstonge, Street, near the O'Connell Monument Telephone (061) 314674

Adults
    Museums - The Hunt Museum, Rutland Street, Limerick. Telephone (061) 312833.

The Georgian House And Garden - Built in 1838, this recreated house is a great example of how the rich lived in Limerick in the past! Located at Perry Square, Across from Peoples park![/QUOTE]

The City Museum (beside King Johns Castle) (061) 417826

Limerick City Galery, Perry Square. Telephone (061) 310633

Libraries

Limerick City Library, The Grannary, Michael Street Telephone (061) 314668

Roxboro Branch Library, Roxboro Shopping Centre Telephone (061) 417906

Shows - (The Millenium Theatre and the Belltable) best pre book on net!
    Entertainment - Dolans Warehouse, gigs almost nightly, visit www.dolanspub.com

Links to these can be found in the Limerick web sites stickies in this forum.

Limerick Suburbs

Shopping
    Cresent S.C - (raheen bus-outside Brown Thomas) over 100 shops and resturants
    Parkway S.C - + Parkway Retail Centre (parkway roundabout) (Dub Road, UL bus)

Cinemas
    Omiplex - In the Cresant Shopping Centre (dooradoyle) 12 screens
    Storm Cinema Castletroy Shopping Centre Limerick - 16 Screens

Shows
    UL concert Hall - Limericks largest Theatre, in UL (pre book - www.uch.ie)

Arcades
    Fun World - Ennis Road (Bowling, Pool/Snooker, Air Hockey, Arcade games, playworld 4 kids!
    Peter Pan - Cresant S.C Kids PlayWorld (under 12's) (No pool etc - just 4 kids)

Other
    Swimming - UL Arena (fun float on weekends 4 kids) 50 m pool!
    Rathbane Golf - 1.6 kms from City, off the R512 Lough Gur Road, open 7 days

Out of Town

Curaghcase - A forest area with open spaces and long walks (+ playground), great for a day out with Family. (Foynes Road)
    Stone Hall Visitor Farm - Better classified as a zoo! near Curraghacase, many exotic animals, Large and different kids play area (recommended for family)
    Buttercup farm - Croom, Traditional farm (with fun horse and cart ride)
    Kilcornan Karting - (N69- oppisite curraghcase) (open 7 days), a fun experience for all!
    Combat Zone Paintball - Take N69 then turn off towards Shanagolden/ NewCastle west (30 mins from city). for more info www.combatzone.ie!
    Limerick County Golf & Country Club - on the R512. (Dress well)www.limerickcounty.com
    Pitch and Putt - In Mungret and Adare
    Celtic Park And Gardens - original Celtic settlement in with 12 authentic and re-created features from Ireland's past include a dolmen and an authentic ring fort. The setting is unspoiled and natural and the gardens are excellent, Located on the Route N69, 19km from Limerick to Kilcornan and 8 km from Adare.

Sports

Rugby - Munster Rugby play in Thomond Park (north side of city) best pre-book, also regional teams (shannon, young munster, Garryown etc.). Munster Rugby have a store at the end of O' Connell Street (patricks street)
    Soccer - Limerick FC play in Hogan Park
    Basketball - The Limerick Lions are one of the countries top teams, they play in the UL arena (Oct - March). No need to pre book! UL are Limericks top womens team, they are considered tghe countries best team also play in UL Arena! Regional teams such as UL who play in the colleges league also play in UL Arena.
    American Football - for something different the UL Vikings play in the UL sports grounds (Feb - Aug) more info on www.irish-american-football.org
    GAA - The Gaelic Grounds (Ennis Road) is home to both the Limerick Hurling and Gaelic Football teams, Games are played during Spring-Summer!
    Horseracing - Limerick Race course is in Patrickswell and has events throughout the year, www.limerick-racecourse.com!
    Greyhound Racing - (Off Mulgrave St.) Meetings on Mon, Thurs and Sat at 7.50 pm
    Limerick Sub-aqua Club

* I would suggest supervising the kids (in case the crowd inside are rough)

. 2 votes

0% 0 votes
    100% 2 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Shopping centre:quinnsworth and its about to get a cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

1huge1 wrote:
    Shopping centre:quinnsworth and its about to get a cinema

What?
    Whats Quinnsworth isnt that that store that was bought out by Tesco Ireland ... is that making a come back?? Where ! Are u talking near the Castletroy S.C??? Or is this a new cinema!

Boy if another store opening out there is kinda weird, Superquin is already the best store in the Mid West... Why callenge it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I'm sure he means superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

sorry

quinnsworth superquinn im always getting them mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

quinsworth eh?

someones showing their age :p

do they still have the nature walk path in currachase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

RE. walks etc. along with Curraghchase, there's also Loch Gur (short walk(s), but nice). There's also the grounds of Glenstal Abbey, and finally, the Clare Glens.

I know its outside the county, but Killaloe/Ballina is also well worth visiting on a dry day! Some nice pubs too - especially Gooser's eating house..mmmm!

MtM

actually there are occasional events going on at bunratty castle, and if you have kids they might pick up some history.

only gripe i have about bunratty though is their old style photographs they do are a bit pricy,

UUUMmmmmmmmmmm Goosers!:). Yes they have plenty of walks in Curraghchase. But as MtM said they're are also walks in Lough Gur (well signposted out Childers Rd.) And Glenstal has nice gardens ... but if ur going all the way i recommend going to a service in the church. Its spectacular!

Im currently working on a post that will but all the information here into one post. am doing it up in Word at the moment and will take a couple of days. in the meantime I will sticky this and let people add suggestions for inclusion.

actually just a question, the park on the Dublin road, is that the Clare Street Park ?

• Advertisement

and i think the two of ye should put away the handbags, and you can copywright who ever you like with that thank you.

anyways i will leave Limerick man's post as is stuck but I would like to have all the information at post number 1 in the thread so I hope he does not mind me adding stuff to his post, like i have done already I have looked up and added some contact numbers for the ideas he had.

Oh course not, in fact i think its a great idea if we take ideas from down here and put them into the formatted post!

Just make sure it flows well with the rest of the post!!

This is the start of a great partnership! LOL!

P.S.
    Whats wrong with Suburbs, 'Limerick Environs'???

im not sure really, it was just something I was tinkering with that didnt really work for me. most likely change it back when I get a chance.

the thing is that not all the built up areas of Limerick are in the City technically. so I wanted to have all the city stuff in one section and all the nearby county stuff in another.

like everything on the web it aint written in stone, it is a work in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭sillild

Now I want to know what your talking about because ... I always like to be right!!!!!

Dude

I guess you dont take this serioulsy either,I just joined the copyright band wagon for a laugh.

It is hard to read tone form text

ITB aka Irish Tourist Board

http://www.ireland.ie/things_2_do_a-z_results_n1.asp?narrow_search=02++&narrow_search1=Limerick-Lk&imageField.x=37&imageField.y=12

What I do believe is important is that we do not give an aready negative view of Limerick.

That is why I asked billy to © sticky this.

Billy can I suggest © you remove our last few posts to keep this post clean.

that can be done. will leave your last post here so as to clear up any confusion as to where they went.

all off topic posts going to the bin.

right, seeing as we have a things to do in ... forum I figured it would be a good idea to copy this thread over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BarHog27

Is termights still going in the Savoy? Or is the Savoy gone, lol? :eek: :D

to the best of my knowladge, termites club is still running, although it had to move when the savoy complex closed down.

to the best of my knowladge, termites club is still running, although it had to move when the savoy complex closed down.

Jesus. Its like I'm Rip van Winkle or something. Next you'll be telling me there's a massive hotel down the docks, an we have a fully multicurtural society now :D

I dont frequent termites, it required a search on my part ::

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2595644&postcount=2

what hotel? :D

• Advertisement

Nice linkage, kind sir. Good to know. Although I doubt I'd go there again. I'd be too afraid that the blokes who went there when I was 15 would still be there, propping up the bar, and talking to impressionable girls about System Of A Down :D

BarHog27 wrote:
    Nice linkage, kind sir. Good to know. Although I doubt I'd go there again. I'd be too afraid that the blokes who went there when I was 15 would still be there, propping up the bar, and talking to impressionable girls about System Of A Down :D

a search for termites club limerick on google brings up boards.ie ;)

Its like the Matrix. All equiries lead back to the hub :)

contact info for the Globe
    http://online.entertainmentireland.ie/online/venues/default.asp?venue=33997
    if you want to give them a ring for more info on termites.

Thanks mate. helpful above and beyond the call of duty. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Go flying out at Coonagh Airfield (www.limerickflyingclub.com.
    Joined up this year & its the business.

air wrote:
    Go flying out at Coonagh Airfield (www.limerickflyingclub.com.
    Joined up this year & its the business.

mind if i borrow that link for the Links post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Not at all, that was why I posted it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

where is termites on these days?

• Advertisement

The Globe nightclub on Cecil street. i think

Advertisement