Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ian McKellan in Coronation Street!!

• 27-03-2005 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

does anybody else find this troubling???

i mean ian mckellan hes been nominated for an oscar!!!

its gandalf in a poxy soap!!

i know hes said hes always wanted to do it but hes been in x-men and lotr two massively successive movie franchises and now hes going to be in a soap opera?!?!?!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed, it is a big stepdown for an oscar nominee. I do hope that this worrying trend will not continue.

Although anything would be better than the current Tommy Harris potbolier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ian McKellan?
    sorry for the ignorance!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

silly wrote:
    Ian McKellan?
    sorry for the ignorance!

Gandalf... 'the scottish play'... and many many more...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0005212/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who cares if he goes on Coronation Street. probably a stop gap till he gets the next script from Hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's a nice little nixer for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

And its Sir Ian mcKellan, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

ian Mckellan? Gandalf?

I still have no idea who ye are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

It sure is Sir Ian! God this is great, maybe he'll put a bit of life back in to the street. I'm so sick of this Tommy Harris story line, if I see snot coming out of Katie one more time I'll be sick!It would have been a much better story line if he'd killed her and not the other way round.

So does anyone have any details about this new character? who is he going to be playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

why is it troubling? an actor takes a role he wants to do ... seems fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

So does anyone have any details about this new character? who is he going to be playing?
    I think he plays some author and joins ken and blanches book club (show how it for the shams it is). Its something on those lines i think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

McKellans a big fan of Corrie and had thought about doing a small part before
    but backed out as he was'nt sure he'd cut it! :)

Mike.

Advertisement