Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This Thursday

• 21-03-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

FibbersGoodFridayJPEG.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Nu-Metal? I think I'll stay at home tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Who does report a post go to if no mods have been assigned yet?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Ecksor, I'd assume. Anyway, this thread could actually be relevant, if anybody actually LIKED nu-metal. Especially on the indie forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd consider it relevant if it was an advert for a band's gig. When it's just a cheap plug for a cheap pints night, I'd consider it pimpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Now now, it does say Alternative on the poster. That means that you're guaranteed Bullet With Butterfly Wings and whatever Pixies song the dj has on some compilation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Retrøpet

I'm plugging it on behalf of myself actually. Im the DJ there on thursdays and Im merely plugging it because I enjoy what I do. Drinks promotions are only a bonus.
    And for the record Smashing Pumpkins and the Pixies aren't the only indie/alternative bands that are played. But sure, judge as you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Relax, just out of my experience trying to cover so many different areas of music tends to alienate people. I've seen it myself when you're playing to a crowd, someone requests a metal song or whatever and the place empties and a tumbleweed goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Retrøpet

Absolutely, tis very hard to please everyone sometimes! We do our best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Retr&#248 wrote: »
    Absolutely, tis very hard to please everyone sometimes! We do our best though.
    Jack-Of-All-Trades, Master of none.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Retr&#248 wrote: »
    I'm plugging it on behalf of myself actually.

Sometimes such behaviour can produce a bad reaction as you can see. I'll leave it be and see if anyone cares to offer some reaction after the gig to take into account in future (assuming anyone actually goes).

• Advertisement
Advertisement