Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A word from your "Friendly" Mod

• 01-07-2001 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Right just a few word of encouragement and some topics I think should be on this board.

For those of you that cook and have a few interesting recipes post them up what ever they might be (from me you will get mainly Indian or Thai recipes). Make sure you indicate how long it will take to make and how hot the thing is going to turn out as some ppl dont like having to drink a bucket of water to put out the fire in their mouths smile.gif.

Feel free to post restaurant reviews but keep them legal ie dont post a review which could get boards.ie in trouble (I know this wont happen but I'm stating it anyway).

For any wine buffs out there let the public know of nice wines you've come across (BTW Buckfast does not count as a wine IMHO).

C0cktail recipes are always welcome *HIC*.

Anyone who doesn't normally cook anything more extravagant than beans on toast try out something new it feels good to sit into a good meal and knowing you've cooked it. Dont forget if you want some advice ask I'm sure someone will help you out.

Now for the rules (please keep to these)
    1) No Trolling as this will result in me having to delete the thread and issue the wrong sort of karma.
    2) No flaming as this will result in the same as point 1.
    3) No recipes for revenge food ie the meal you cook for your ex to get your own back smile.gif
    4) Obey the general rules of Boards.ie

If anyone has a problem with a decision I have made be locking or deletion of posts. Mail me a put your point across if its valid I'll say sorry as we can all make mistakes sometimes.

Thats all I can think of at the moment but if I come up with anymore I'll let you know.

kayos

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

Sounds fair enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I shall be frequenting this forum most frequently. biggrin.gif

Check my elite topic!

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Ah yes, a moderator !

I suppose you'd need one to control all the "my curry's nicer than yours" and "I could cook your momma a good meal" comments that get thrown around by cooks and the such smile.gif

Hope the board goes well.

Nil Desperandum

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Naughty, naughty moderator!!! smile.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kayos:
    Make sure you indicate ..... how hot the thing is going to turn out as some ppl dont like having to drink a bucket of water to put out the fire in their mouths smile.gif.</font>

Of course spicy foods are best eaten with either alcohol or milk - never drink water.

[the science bit] Fats are good at absorbing and retaining the chemical that 'make' flavours what they are. Therefore fatty foods are 'tasty'. The 'spice' in curries are oil soluble / based (even if carried in 'powders'). Fats dissolve in alcohols (beer / wine) and emulsions (milk - suspension of fat in water). This will wash the curry from your mouth. smile.gif

Cold water makes fats solidify and coagulate. This makes them stick to your mouth / tongue / throat and burn you more after a few second. frown.gif

You could use soapy water but it doesn't taste nice. frown.gif[/the science bit]

see also: http://www.boards.ie/cgi-bin/bulletin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=1

Good luck with the new board, Kayos. biggrin.gif

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 04-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

All your pizza bases are belong to us!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

lol

All your nans are belong to us smile.gif

kayos

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Kayos a mod! Of a "Food / Drink" board. LOL. Your not half chubby enough. Now the drink, you do know a bit about that... smile.gif

I'm looking forward to being the mod of the Composting board myself in a few months at this rate! wink.gif

Just kidding mate. Well done and, heaven protect my karma, good luck!

K

Hey aint you meant to be working right now smile.gif Ahh well I never asked for this board but I do like food and as you know drink *hic*. As for your karma I haven't gone near anyones karma as of yet smile.gif.

Kayos

tribes.gameshop.ie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kayos:
    ...I haven't gone near anyones karma as of yet</font>

DAN-DAN-DA!!!!

Pretty thinly veiled threat. I'd better behave myself. smile.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Don't worry kayos, rules are rules...and the fact you can delete posts and give out bad karma is good enough for me.

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

• Advertisement

Well to be honest if I give you bad karma you must have done something very very bold. I wont abuse my powers as I dont want to incur the wrath of devore and the dreaded 12 click or even worse a IP ban which would cause gbh from kharn as we're the same ip frown.gif Anyway keep to the rules and all will be well.

kayos

tribes.gameshop.ie

Don't worry about it K., You'll do a fine job. We wouldn't be Irish if we couldn't poke fun at those better off than ourselves! smile.gif

I'm going to make up for this slagging (or Galway: schla-g'in) with a real, on topic post. smile.gif

The secrets of my fave vegetarian sandwich shall be revealed!

Advertisement