Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow watch 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sky has just cleared, I can see towering CBs to my east/northeast in the bright moonlight.

The snowfields look impressive in the moonlight...

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Thanks for that update Earthman.

Just saw the TV3 weather and even they mentioned strong snow chances for wednesday also did not say when the cold spell would end.

Looks like it is about to start to snow again here in South Laois. I cannot stars in the sky to my E and NE, and the lights on the houses on the hill side cannot be seen.

RTE1 Weather NOW

It was a re-run of 2125z.

No radar even - doh!

• Advertisement

Snowing again in South Laois.

-0.3c. Heavy and big flakes.

OMG - A flash of lightning, I was unsure whether or not I seen lightning, I went out side and heard the thunder!

Wohooo! I am REALLY impressed with this! :D

been none here all evening (snow), heavy hail shower about a half hour ago

sounds interesting in Laois, where in Laois are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/index.cgi?action=charts;type=uklightning

spherics chart for those watching out for lightning

• Advertisement

It has pushed over now, sky is clearing again.

I am impressed nonetheless.

In recent years... Laois was too far inland to get snow showers from any direction, but this winter is the complete reverse, we are cold enough to have the showers fall as snow! :D

Felixdhc wrote:
    sounds interesting in Laois, where in Laois are you?

Durrow.

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'll be setting off for leixlip about 6am, hope I'll make it. If theres any big news along the way I'll post it up, but I think Thursday morning will be the worst one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Snowing heavy in Lucan now
    should be good fun getting to work tomorrow

• Theres actually some heavy showers in a straight line heading into Dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It snowed in Ardee, Co Louth at some stage last night/early this morning, but it had ALL disappeared by 1 o clock.

Nothing at all happening here now. I really am starting to lose faith.

Another cloud, big one, gathering on the E/NE horizon.

Anyone in East Laois, West Kildare?

ah, I was just about to head to bed but if there is some on the way will have to wait up!

• embee wrote:
    It snowed in Ardee, Co Louth at some stage last night/early this morning, but it had ALL disappeared by 1 o clock.

Nothing at all happening here now. I really am starting to lose faith.

Well read my posts at the end of page one then and in page two :)

*sigh* This is not the real cold air yet
    If we were in an italian restaurant we'd be only on the antipasti :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Danno I might catch the tail of that in carlow, what do you reckon?

• Advertisement

• Felixdhc wrote:
    ah, I was just about to head to bed but if there is some on the way will have to wait up!

ah jaysus :D go to bed will ya :) there will be plenty and by the looks of the charts over the coming ten days if it all goes according to them you'll be fed up of the stuff!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/live/radnirl1.jpg

Dublin should be getting/have gotten a pasting from that, bright echos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

wow this page came out of no where :eek:

hard frost setting in here, going to be some dodgy roads in the morning.

Earthman wrote:
    ah jaysus :D go to bed will ya :) there will be plenty and by the looks of the charts over the coming ten days if it all goes according to them you'll be fed up of the stuff!

I really cant imagine getting fed up with it! I know my other half will certainly be happy when its really spring, sick of seeing me on the computer all the time and talking about snow!

Just some thick broken cloud around here at the moment, otherwise pretty clear sky, got pretty windy though

It is hard to call, my guess is that if Wicklow town gets a shower, then Tullow Town should get it, because the wind is coming that way, of course, any precip has to negotiate the Mountains first, which could take alot of the snowfall out of the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Well that shower did feck all here in Baldoyle, North Dublin, the one from the 23:00 BBC radar that was supposed to give us a "pasting"! A bit of sleet - barely even wet the ground - Not very impressed at all - might just go to bed - not worth staying up for :mad:

yeah, I'm going to bed before I get into trouble. Need to keep energy anyway for the real stuff later in the week :)

Hopefully later in the week we will be discussing how deep the snow is and commenting on how similar it is to '82 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Wisteria

Hasn't snowed here for hours in Mountmellick Danno nor has it stuck.

• Advertisement

You need to move further inland, anyways, the Dublin City heat island effect would kill any snow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement