Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

snow talk

• 20-02-2005 11:14am

Ok closed the other thread and renamed it back to amber.

This is the red snow alert thread post it all here.

Already been some snow showers in the East,as reported by Mothman and w.check.
    And I has some nice snow here earlier too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

After looking at the latest charts this week could well
    be the most exciting week ever :D

Even from Tuesday the whole country gets a go
    but the East will be constently hammered by snow
    heavy snow showers from tomorrow :D

Really could be a great dumping in the east this week :D:D:D

Dare i say 20cm's in places :D

Watch Dublin grind to a halt by Monday evening :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Blue skies here :confused:
    At this late stage, does it still look likely for the likes of me to get a day off tomorrow? I'd say 10 cms would do the trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

http://www.met.ie/recentweather/

whereabouts in the country is casement ?

No mate the real fun starts tomorrow so you wont have 10cm's by the
    morning maybe 1cm's or 2 at most the real fun starts tomorrow as
    the winds swing east and dump snow in the east all week :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Only up from bed a short while and looks like I may have missed some snow showers from reading the threads. Just out the back garden and feels, dare I say it, spring like! Sun out with a bit of warmth in it.

• Advertisement

• Casement is in Baldonnell in southwest co Dublin.

Snowing lightly again now here in Arklow and has remained breezy and cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Nothing in dublin14 - sunny, clear skies. goddamn cold though - was out doing a bit of painting in the garden, fingers like ice blocks. AND i've to play rugby this afternoon.... eek!

thanks earthman.

listening to fivelive at the moment it would seem that parts of the UK are grinding to a halt. matches being canceled and roads being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

4 degrees in the airport, moderate icing has been reported by incoming flights. Nice blue skies for the most part, no aerodrome forecasts for snow here though (at least for today).

no need to get paranoid about "England" getting all the snow
    i promise our time will come this week :D;)

• Advertisement

no one is getting "paranoid" just making a report, oh and dont predict there being much of it here .

• no need to get paranoid about "England" getting all the snow
    i promise our time will come this week :D;)
    Given that this is not the "real" cold air yet and theres already snow falling on the coast and at sea level with temps above 2c(which is a real sign of a cold athmosphere) then Tuesday onwards really does have the potential to be mad in the East as it will be colder-much colder and the wind will be from the East so bringing in whatever snow is out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so far very spring like outside, not a cloud all morning and doesnt feel too cold just yet. well that sun misleading, its only 2C when i checked the temperature :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Beautiful sunny spring morning here, about 5 mins walk from Dublin bay.

If it's going to be 'The Day After Tomorrow' as predicted by hyperboleman I think a meteor strike will be required to tilt the earth off its axis, thus dropping temperatures catastrophically and giving us all time off work.

• magpie wrote:
    If it's going to be 'The Day After Tomorrow' as predicted by hyperboleman I think a meteor strike will be required to tilt the earth off its axis, thus dropping temperatures catastrophically and giving us all time off work.
    ha ha

Day after tomorrow is actually tuesday and that will be a very snowy day in the east :)

(yes I did see the film-dont expect that-expect more snow than seen in a while though)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It will be interesting to see the Farming Weather report at 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Weathercheck, what would you say chances of snow in Dundalk are?
    Its sunny clear skies right now. Doesnt feel like were set for any snow at all !

L5 very good tomorrow morning you could get a few cm's
    and then all week you'll be pounded by snow showers :D

BBC Countryfile classic snow coming into Ireland tomorrow morning :D

Irish Meto ready to be pounded by many a egg :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

and then all week you'll be pounded by snow showers :D

sweet :)

• irish1 wrote:
    It will be interesting to see the Farming Weather report at 1!
    Just seen the UK country file one on BBC1

Bands of snow moving East to west... all week
    They didnt mention a break down to milder weather as such but that some milder air would get into the flow in NE Scotland.

As regards snow in Dundalk-dont concern yourself with today, as I said earlier this is only the anti-pasti :p
    When the winds swing into the East,you will see some showers during the week and some could be heavy.

Wcheck mentioned "fetch" earlier, basically if you have a large section of Sea due East of you the more showers you are likely to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

i'm in cork at the moment and the drop in temperatures is noticable, it seems to have dropped a few degrees over night. I'm resigning myself to the fact the only sort of wintery showers I'll see will, in my opinion, be the slushy variety. This is one of the view times I wish i lived on the east coast so I'd be in with a chance with getting a good lash a snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I'm predicting 15feet of snow by thursday morning.
    Can't wait, bring it on!

• chump wrote:
    I'm predicting 15feet of snow by thursday morning.
    Can't wait, bring it on!

Considering you are weatherchecks older brother-why doesn't that surprise me... :D

Like they say a nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse...

A few flakes in the wind now :D

Charts showed snow in the east in the latest MetO forecast
    for tomorrow morning but the prsenter mentioned sleet, touch and
    god it would seem goof forecast but still iffy bout the snow
    which they shouldnt be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

just after seeing the sky news weather looks fairly promising for where i live, cant wait , so what do ye think my chances are of a large accumilation in north kildare( 20 miles from dublin)

• high enough mid week

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Earthman, do you still reckon what falls tonight wont be snow?

• Advertisement

• Felixdhc wrote:
    Earthman, do you still reckon what falls tonight wont be snow?
    I'm inclined to expect snow now more so than sleet given what happened here this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement