Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CD-RW

• 19-02-1999 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Roight, i'm having a bit of a problem installing a mitsumi cd-rw. I'm getting a windows protection error and i can only boot up in safe mode. I've been told that it could have something to do with the mouse, IRQ's and sh!t like that, so instead of buying a serial mouse could any1 give me a hand.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Go in to your Control Panel, choose System and Device Manager. Either your mouse or CD-RW should have a yellow exclamation mark icon beside it.

Try changing the interrupt for one or the other of these by choosing the device, clicking on Properties and then Resources. If you turn off the "Automatically Assign Settings" box, you should be able to change the interrupt value from the one that is conflicting with the other device. They are probably both set to 11 or something.

--

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Try d/l the latest drivers for your drive as I had problems installing mine and the new drivers sorted it out.

Advertisement