Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's snowing!! (weathercheck is happy ;p )

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Temperature has risen and there is a slow thaw on here. OItherwise it's a black and white scene looking at the surrounding hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Whole of Westmeath covered. Heavier in the north of the county, but still a good covering in Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

daughter thought it would be fun to have a snowball fight at 7.30am this morning, hallway and me now soaked.

:)
    twas fun though....
    made cool little snowman too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

theres a tiny bit of snow here in loughlinstown, no snow between where I live and Dun Laoghaire... just very bad frost/ice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

We had a brief flurry last night around 8 but nothing since, can we expect more or is over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

aaahh sure the kids will think its great.....
    although the worst of it is the slushy bit at the end of the snow.. dirty auld slush i hate it.

anyone remember the bigsnow of the early eighties?
    i wonder will we ever see any thing like that again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Well for all I know aboot weather its supposed to get mild again tommorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its raining here in south dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

really loved it when the bookies had to pay out for the xmas day snow
    im sure they were as sick as a parrot.
    but were well over due a good summer im sure we all agree.

Light dusting on the ground here, there were actually a few flurries when I was coming in, but mainly it's just COLD

The nearby hills are very white,down to ballyfad and across to Ballycoog and aughrim-looks like a fair covering in that direction between 3 and 6 miles from here, perhaps more than 2 inches, maybe 7 or 8 cms above 800ft or so but the cover comes down to below 600ft by the looks of things.
    Theres enough here to gather a snowball from the top of the car and thats about it.

• Advertisement

Temp heading towards 4C. Rapid thaw on now.

Edit: now raining...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Mordeth wrote:
    god damn NOTHING in carlow

There was this morning, about an inch in places, local roads very dangerous!!!

sitting at just under 2c here but thats a rise from 0 about an hour and a half ago.
    It will probably get to 6 or 7 by afternoon

Earthman wrote:

perhaps more than 2 inches, maybe 7 or 8 cms above 800ft or so but the cover comes down to below 600ft by the looks of things.

Gets confusing when you switch codes in middle of sentence, Speed limit signs, wind speed....

My brain can't take anymore...

With the rain, all lying snow is almost gone apart from a pile of wood shavings. They must be colder.

very heavy snow shower here now just west of Arklow.
    Yes snow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Blizzard like conditions here for the last hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

last night it was snowing heavily in waterford at about 4am
    this morning we had another shower at around 7.30
    cycling to work was a nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

How come snow never lasts more than a week in Ireland? In fact I don't think it ever has.

With temp now above 7C, no snow to be seen even on the hills. Got windy though.

Mothman wrote:
    With temp now above 7C, no snow to be seen even on the hills. Got windy though.
    Yeah it's thawing fast.
    Croghan and the area around it down to 800ft or so is still very white.
    I noticed the southern section of that area got more snow than the northern end due to where the showers were.

• Advertisement

How come snow never lasts more than a week in Ireland? In fact I don't think it ever has.

lol never mind a week, we're lucky if it even snows once per winter and it lasts a day! our snowy winters of the 80s and early 90s seem lost forever, some parts of Ireland stand as much chance of seeing snow as the costa del sol..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You might have to eat your words in the next few
    weeks Gonzo were heading into a period where
    a classic Easterly Blast scenario, just might
    show its face its a classic battle between
    East and west lets hope that the East wins :p;)

No thats where you just wonder whats gonna happen next
    a large Siberian High ready to ridge and the atlantic lows
    filling...

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1501.gif

It will happen one of these days and its 50/50 for later in Jan ;)

Closure to this episode

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement