Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite episode

• 01-01-2005 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

mine is either back to reality - "jump starts the 2nd big bang?" or dimension jump with ace rimmer. yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ando

YES YES, A RED DWARF BOARD, BRUTAL :D

I'm trying to think whats my favorite episode, so many to think off. One that I really enjoyed was in series 4 when they went to a planet that looks similar to earth but populated by wax droids...

'Their taking someone out to the stake to be executed..... its .. its .. its Winnie the Poo' LOL

or that one when Lister was changed into a mini Robocop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Backwards was probably my favourite episode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Backwards was probably my favourite episode

I agree. Nodnol !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The one where there's an alien on the ship who to each member of the crew looks like their perfect mate though its true form is just a big blob.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i would have to say that Back to Reality is my favourite episode. I mean, how could you forget Dwayne Dibley. Although Backwards is also a very good episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

My favourite episode was either Tikka To Ride, where they interrupt the assasination of JFK (funniest part of it is Kryten without any of his guilt) or Marooned. Marooned was just really clever and had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Gunmen of the Apocalypse or Back to Reality would be my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Red Dwarf board, delighted. But people don't seem to be mentioning anything from the first or second series. I always thought they were the best.

Faves would be "Future Echoes", "Waiting For God", "Better Than Life", "Stasis Leak". Loved loads from other series too, but none of them compare to the first two series...

Actually now that I think of it, Demons and Angels was another one of the better episodes. The dance they do is hilarious and the Low versions of everyone are brilliant!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

ando wrote:
    or that one when Lister was changed into a mini Robocop :D

Vindaloo Monster - got a love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ando

Nukem wrote:
    Vindaloo Monster - got a love it.

Check it out, 460KB clip

I also was in stitches with this clip.... 420KB Clip

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Body Swap

"Just one night, I promise. I'll give it back first thing
    tomorrow. Maybe Thursday!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yerp back to reality is my fav too..

When they're "driving the car". Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yerp back to reality is my fav too..

When they're "driving the car". Brilliant!
    oh no. speed bumps.

chicane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

i really liked the one in one of the first two series when listers confidence and paranoia become two blokes on the ship :D :eek:

stagolee wrote:
    i really liked the one in one of the first two series when listers confidence and paranoia become two blokes on the ship :D :eek:
    Called Confidence and Paranoia funnily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Legion

The antimatter chop sticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The one where they travel through time...and to fix everything they mess up they become the gun men on the grassy knowl...and JFK shoots himself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

confidence & paranoia, back to reality (Duane Dibbley!) or Me2 (the bit where Rimmer politely asks Lister to excuse him for a moment, and then tells the other rimmer to "Quit yer whining, you lousy piece of distended rectum!")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

DubGuy22 wrote:
    The one where they travel through time...and to fix everything they mess up they become the gun men on the grassy knowl...and JFK shoots himself.

"The consparicy theorists are going to have a field day with this" :D

Mine'd be Psirans, where listers making out with the giant space slug...HOT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

god my favorite episode
    "tikka ride" it up there along with the one where there are the dancing rimmer puppets
    and the vindaloo monster wil always have a place in my heart

Dancing Rimmer puppets is Blue, where Lister is missing Rimmer after he left.

Tikka to Ride is the one where they go back and stop JFK from being assasinated.

Both good imo... but I think the Rimmer puppet part carried the Blue episode...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

yeah you got a point there..... but the puppets are worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I can't BELIEVE no ones mentioned Quarantine, Season 5....possibly the greatest episode.

Rimmer: Is something amiss?
    Lister: No, no, nothings amiss!
    Rimmer: You don't think there's anything amiss? I'm sitting here wearing a red and white gingham checked dress...and army boots....you think thats unamiss?

Rimmer: If there's one thing I hate, it's crazy people...

Rimmer:I can't let you out.
    Lister: why not?
    Rimmer: Because the king of the potatoe people won't let me.

Rimmer: They've been naughty boys, haven't they Mr Flibble.
    "Mr Flibble": Yees.
    Rimmer: What happens to naughty boys who've been naughty Mr Flibble?
    "Mr Flibble": Uncle Arnie fries them alive with his hex vision

Rimmer: Mr Flibble's very cross. You shouldn't have run away from him. What are we going to do with them Mr Flibble?
    "Mr Flibble": *whisper whisper whisper*
    Rimmer: Oooooooh, we can't possibly do that.....Who'd clear up the mess?

I mean, Rimmer in a gingham dress with blond pigtails and a penguin hand puppet...

*falls over laughing*

So let me get this straight... you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the potato people? And plead with him for your freedom? And you're telling me you're completely sane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

:D is it not genius!? ah man, I'm off to watch more.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just watched season 4 in full today and have to add Meltdown to the list of contenders for favourite, if nothing else for the bit where Rimmer makes Ghandi do pressups. Or the cat saying he'd rather hang than be made to wear grey out of season. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Rimmer: "I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy."
    Steps up to the bar.
    Rimmer: "Dry white wine and Perrier, please ."

Gunmen of the Apocalypse
    Quality!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Back to reality definatly the best ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Backwards or the Ace rimmer episode!

Back to reality with dwayne dibley was class aswell!

Advertisement