Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which County?

• 19-08-2004 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Out of all the counties in the South East which do ye reckon is the most friendliest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ive lived for years in tipp and people are nice there. i started working in waterford there recently, and everyone is quite friendly here too. there the only 2 counties ive been in for longer than a few hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they all seem to be pretty sound imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Well I think that Wexford would probably be the unfriendliest!!! Most of the people don't seem to be open to talking to strangers and keep to themselves!!!

Actually I found Carlow people really nice and friendly so thats where my vote goes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wexford has some quare fellows alright esp at the Gorey end! Waterfordians are proberly the least belligerent ppl in the south-east but what good its done us? The government just ignors us...:(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

mike65 wrote:
    Waterfordians are proberly the least belligerent ppl in the south-east but what good its done us? The government just ignors us...:(

Mike.

We're too quiet. The nice quiet people of Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

KevIRL wrote:
    We're too quiet. The nice quiet people of Waterford.

Pity you have a reputation around the rest of the country for being complete pikeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Pity you have a reputation around the rest of the country for being complete pikeys!

no! i think thats wexford your thinking of. no pikeys in waterford. no boss.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yup thats definitely wexford your thinkin of mate..

Tox

What exactly is a pikey - never heard of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

misswex wrote:

The 1798 revolt which was centred in Wexford featured the use of pikes as weapons.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know that but why use the word pikey as an insult????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

misswex wrote:

Ever watched the film Snatch???

Rent it out and have a look.. plenty of pikeys in that.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Wexford people tend to be more honest. Waterford people -the older generation especially- you have to count your fingers after shakin hands with them.

Btw, southeast = waterford, wexford, a bit of carlow, bit of wicklow and a bit of kilkenny.

Tipperary is in the midlands afaik

surely Tipperary South would be South East

Yeah I think your right Mossy!! Isn't the South East - Carlow, Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny and Tipperary???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

according to beat.fm it is anyway!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

where is wicklow in this geographical debate?.
    i think wexfrod people are the best
    sometimes we dont talk much- probably genetically programmed having been invaded by vikings, normans, english, hen nights, dubs, stag nights, rebels etc
    but surely a scalder would understand that! :D

I would say Wicklow is in the East of the country, definitely not South-East!!!

You think Wexford people are the best even thought they don't talk much - that doesn't make much sense????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

mike65 wrote:
    Wexford has some quare fellows alright esp at the Gorey end! Waterfordians are proberly the least belligerent ppl in the south-east but what good its done us? The government just ignors us...:(

Mike.

ah what slander!!! :( in my opinion gorey is the finest town in the south east(might be a bias opinion) gorey people might be a bit reserved to strangers because there is so many living in the town but all in all i think it would be one of the safest town in the south east.

not sure were might be the friendliest but definately east waterford and south wexford is the most beautiful,

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

misswex wrote:
    I would say Wicklow is in the East of the country, definitely not South-East!!!

You think Wexford people are the best even thought they don't talk much - that doesn't make much sense????

My mistake, I didn't realise there was a connection between niceness and chattiness. :)

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    The 1798 revolt which was centred in Wexford featured the use of pikes as weapons.

Mike.
    A pike is a two grain fork commonly used today for pitching small square bales of hay or straw or in olden times for "cocking" hay :D

I live in South Wicklow-for all intents and purposes I'm served by the Eastern this and the Eastern that.
    But my ESB bill has Cork on it not Dublin-go figure
    I also know people living in co wexford but their postal address is Arklow co wicklow-yet they are definitely in Wexford...
    My nearest town is Arklow but I am in Gorey as often.
    It's a grey area, this south east business

As regards Counties or towns...
    Well Wexford Town because it has an O'Briens-home of the crambo and mooneys for late night totty
    joint first also would be carlow for similar reasons - totty and food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i say kilkenny purely because thats where im from , and i think im a freindly sort , ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I moved to the Taghmon/Wexford Town area last year and I think it is very friendly place, I've also lived in Rosslare which i found very good too. I've also lived in that scary little town on the waterford, kilkenny, wexford junction... New Ross which is probably the most nasty place I've ever lived. I've lived in Clonmel Co Tipp too which is alright but there is a very insular atmosphere...Well that's just what I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i found kilkenny to be very friendly when i stayed there for a few days a while back,but then again if they knew that i was from wexford they mite of had me drawn and quartered :eek:

kinkstr wrote:
    i found kilkenny to be very friendly when i stayed there for a few days a while back,but then again if they knew that i was from wexford they mite of had me drawn and quartered :eek:
    Yeah they probably would have, lucky escape!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Scouser Boy!!

I dont really care about the south east but what I do know is that Mayo is the best county in Ireland!!

I dont really care about the south east but what I do know is that Mayo is the best county in Ireland!!

you sure did pick the right place to post that
    this board is south east for a reason

Advertisement