Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rent a desk for a few weeks?

• 07-07-2004 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

All going well I will be back to visit my family from the US later this year. I am hoping to spend 6 weeks staying near Waterford City if I can get access to some broadband for 4 of those weeks. If I can get broadband I can work remotely, otherwise I will have to cut it to two weeks. Does anyone know of somewhere I could rent a desk which provides a broadband connection, with or without PC is fine as I have a laptop, I would prefer to actually use my own laptop but its not essential. I thought there was somewhere in the city that had a service like that, provided by the IDA or something but I can't find anything online. Or maybe someone here would be willing to rent me a space in their office for the time I need? I know the Voyager Internet cafe and I might approach them if nothing else works out. Also it doesn't have to be Waterford City, just somewhere around there or in Kilkenny county, even as far as Carrick on Suir would be fine.

Anyone got any useful info?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cybermart (net cafe with BB) near the park has done arangments like that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As he said CyberMart on the Park Rd. have made arrangements like that before.

You can bring a long your own Laptop and they have a 2mb connection.

If you want , I can post up a contact email address (If I can find it) so you can correspond with the owner beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Thanks for the response. I didn't know about Cybermart, the only internet cafe I remebered was Voyager. I will be talking to my brother tomorrow about possibily getting a desk where he works, if that doesn't work out then I will definitely contact Cybermart, I do want to have arrangements made before hand. Just out of interest whats the going per hour rate for internet cafe in Waterford? Just so I calculate if I am getting a good deal.

On another note, possibly should start a new thread for this, I am looking for a self catering apartment/house as well. We (wife and 2 year old son) have stayed with parents and in Dunmore East before but it would be nice to just stay in Waterford. I did some searching and couldn't find too much. I contacted the tourist board earlier this year to see if they could tell me who might provide self catering with high speed internet. They were less than helpful, many on the list they provided didn't even offer a telephone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I foget what Cyber charges per hour but from what I remember Brendan (owner) gave the guy a pretty good deal, actually now that I think about it he has done it twice before. Your out of luck for talking to brendan for 2 weeks from yesterday, he's away on holidays.

As for self catering apartment/house, how long you looking for it. I know there is a place on Adelphi Key that does short term lets. Might be worth trying some estate agents. There is a glut of appartments in Waterford city so alot are lying idle. You will be lucky to find one with net access though. There is www.irishwan.org and www.southeastwan.org which may be of use depending on where you are staying.

Advertisement