Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

• 09-10-1999 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

The night of the year 2000 will be a farce people trying to cram into clubs/pubs if the pubs even open and if you get in for £30-35 quid youll pay for drink big time as they can charge what they like, cause Gobbsh!tes will still buy it.
    It will be/should be all house partys and street partys which could work out better.
    The night after the new years eve will be the night to go out.
    Anyone have any good ideas on what to do that night smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually the bank of england was panic'ed that there would not be enough real cash available due to parties/Y2K fears.

Wonder if Ireland is the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

most pubs and clubs in Dublin are gonna be closed anyway because of the exorbitant amounts that staff are looking for e.g. 2000 quid and up for the night.

even if they were open, lets face it you can go and get pi$$ed any night of the week, i dont see what makes New Years Eve, even the last one of the century/millenium (tho it's not) any more special. i'm just getting the cans and grub in and getting locked at home, cheaper and safer i reckon smile.gif

Actually that's a point. While I haven't been offered anything yet, I do know some people who are getting around 1-2K for a day or two's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

they dont trust u smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

The Manics are playing a concert in the Millenium Stadium in Cardif and the tickets are only £35! Not bad. I dont know whether its actually the midnight thing or just that day.

• Advertisement

I spose Hecate... If they implemented a system where I got paid to look after bugs that appear in something I worked on I'd be mega rich righ..... redface.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I was vaguely considering babysitting for someone that night.... a grand and a half for a nights work, can't be bad. Then I remembered how bad I am with kids.... smile.gif

****up and a LAN party anyone? Last LAN meet of the millienium? MilleniLAN?

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Well I think the way to celebrate New Years will be a house party with your mates and your bird and enough alcohol to last the pre and post New Years parties.

I'm not going anywhere near town because it'll be simply a pain in the ar$e what with all the prices and mobs of people who actually think the new Millenium will be any different to 1999... although I'm sure there'll be a few hiccoughs here and there with out dated machinery and computers.

New Years are always way overhyped... it's just an excuse to go and get horribly drunk and act the tit and I don't believe any of us ever needed an excuse to do that tongue.gif

MilleniLAN. Hmm... MilleniDAN? Drunken Area Network? I can't see anyone in any state of mind to play games on New Years really smile.gif

Kegs.

[This message has been edited by Kegser (edited 15-10-99).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Doesn't anyone realise it's not the turn of the Millenium?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I have to work on new years eve sad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

all those ppl out partyin will want thier tech support allright smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, IBM have offerd us £300 to work that night...(how scabby)...but I won't be working that night anyway, I'll be at home on my own playing Half-Life like last year.
    (how bitter-sweet) smile.gifsad.gif

Copyright(c) Dildo Corp.(TM) 1999
    All trademarks are the property or their respective owners. If you believe this message is a illegal/pirate copy, please phone Weather-Dial on: 1550 123854.

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 17-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

well I think we all should move underground!!!

nothing has get us there!

except for Godzilla...and other monsters like that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good call Carol smile.gif

U going to dubLAN?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

no I'm not going to dubLAN.....

Is your missus going??

Now all I have to do now Kali is get a Tech Support Job !

Now all I have to do now Kali is get a Tech Support Job !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement