Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oxygen - Bee's Knees or Load of Pants?

• 08-08-2003 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

So - opinions on what I thought had to be one of the worst thought out marketing rackets in years....

:ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

erm mabe im old..............but WHAT are you talking about??:( .Benny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

well they did advertise on sky ...........

still havnt been in there yet sounds like a nice enough place

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Originally posted by benny
    erm mabe im old..............but WHAT are you talking about??:( .Benny.

Call me cynical but its:

Merlins with new carpet, curtains and a gold fish bowl whre "VIPs" can hang out.

tbh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

They still charging €10 on the door for the biggest kip in waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Originally posted by Lawnkiller
    Call me cynical but its:
    Merlins with new carpet, curtains and a gold fish bowl whre "VIPs" can hang out.
    tbh

Dont forget the splash of paint .............

Must admit the marketing/logo/advertising etc etc is impressive ..... but then again its still merlins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by XbLaDe
    Dont forget the splash of paint .............

Must admit the marketing/logo/advertising etc etc is impressive ..... but then again its still merlins.

Yeah, teh logo is impressive, but with headline bands like six, you'd wonder if it's going to be Waterfords version of South???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    Yeah, teh logo is impressive, but with headline bands like six, you'd wonder if it's going to be Waterfords version of South???

Getting random so called celebs to open the place dosnt really count as headline bands now does it?

And from the look of the papers it was more like Three on the night....

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

And from the look of the papers it was more like Three on the night....

Where's Niall when I need him to do some tag team "Six bashing" :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

After a successful night at the dogtrack on Sat night with a few mates, got hammered in masons drinking all sorts of crap and ended up in Merlins... err i mean Oxygen, for the first time since its new "makeover"...

only one thing to say...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a hole, music is ****e, dancers are brutal (me granny could do better) and the place is complete kip... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not been in there yet, but I hear from a few people from work thats its just merlins with new carpets etc

pfft

Don't think I'll be calling into it anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

right so what is the best place for a night out in waterford?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Axis Mundi, had some good nights in there... Fish tank will keep ya amused for hours!

Id have to agree there, Axis Mundi isnt a bad oul spot, only probs are that it gets a little crowded and ya have to be in there early.

But in saying that, the music's fairly good, there are some absolutely lovely ladies there and plenty of comfy seats when you manage to get chatting to one of the said lovely ladies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

They have a fish tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes they do. the thing had me mesmorised for an hour one night :)

Where? Chances are I'll see it right away next time now that I'll be on the lookout. ;)

i'm not all that familiar with the place but it is straight ahead of you when you walk in the door from the street, in that small bar

OK, something to keep an eye out for then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

But the curtains are nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

So avoid Oxygen and go to Axix Mudis' is it???

• Advertisement

well they do have the fishtank

True :D

Axis Mundi is the best at the moment.. although the forum has its moments..

some nights are great in there.. love going in and winning the bingo and ya can
    feel the dirty looks from all the grannies burning into the back of yer head as they've
    just blown the weeks pension on the bingo night.. :D:D:D:D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Axis Mundi is the best at the moment.. although the forum has its moments..

some nights are great in there.. love going in and winning the bingo and ya can
    feel the dirty looks from all the grannies burning into the back of yer head as they've
    just blown the weeks pension on the bingo night.. :D:D:D:D:D:p

....................the forum has bingo? im there!

By the way, what is it with the amount of short men in Waterford?????

not enough cabbage in the diet. cant say i noticed, must make me small too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Oxygen = pants

Axia Mundi novelty has worn off...

The Queues are at Rubys

Preachers aka 'the Barn' opening in March...

thank god for the Forum on Saturday nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

*cough* and Friday nights.

Haven't been in oxygen yet. I think it's just trying to be trendy, but from what I've heard, it doesn't quite pull it off. Axis Mundy is good for a few drinks with your buddies, plus it's usually free in before midnight. Sheff's nightclub (can't remember the name) is a kip, if it wasn't for the student crowd (some nice talent there) I wouldn't go at all.

Don't know about "The barn". Haven't been in preachers in literally years. As long as it doesn't turn into a kiddie haunt it should make another option when going out.

Advertisement