Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to waterford (kilkenny)

• 27-12-2003 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

hehehe did anyone else see that sign saying "waterford" about 3 miles inside the Kilkenny border? gotta hand it to waterford coco, that was a good one. one of the two counties in ireland that have the biggest rivalries puts up a sign inside the other county. apparantly kilkenny coco were going spare over this - rightly so i suppose.

also i hear that us deise are trying to move our border a couple of miles into south kilkenny aswell. i suspect it mightent work somehow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

you gotta love that kilkenny co. council office right inside the boundary between waterford and kilkenny ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard about that and was going to start a thread on it so thanks kano! :)

Those Kilkenny burgurs really should get a life, South Kilkenny is only viable as a hinterland to Waterford City. As for the sign, well techically you're still in Kilkenny but from every practical point of view you're in Waterford, and yes the Waterford Corpo want to push the city boundary north by a few miles which again makes perfect sense as the city is developing lopsided-style.

This county jersey attitude drives me nuts sometimes..

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by kano476
    hehehe did anyone else see that sign saying "waterford" about 3 miles inside the Kilkenny border?

you got to love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by mike65
    I heard about that and was going to start a thread on it so thanks kano! :)

Mike.

Why dont u just delete this thread and start your one :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Look what happened in Drogheda...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ Enrique Gorgeous Nag

Originally posted by mike65

Those Kilkenny burgurs really should get a life, South Kilkenny is only viable as a hinterland to Waterford City.

Mike, you've just made the list!

they can have newrath but slieverue is ours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

its true though! theres nothing in south kilkenny until mullinavegas i think, and why anyone woud want to live there is beyond me. most people in slievrue/newrath consider themselves waterford anyway because they work and spend most of their time in the city.

whats the best thing in Kilkenny? that dirt track they call the N9 to waterford.
    what happened in drogheda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by kano476
    what happened in drogheda?

do tell!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Yeah, what happened in Drogheda???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe I should link this to the North East forum they might know!

Heres the link DMC has the knowledge! :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133348

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement