Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring auld Irish weather

• 11-12-2003 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ando

why is it that Ireland has such boring weather??? Remember a few weeks ago, there were thunder storms for over 24 hours constanly? I was loving that !!!

I was in New York at the start of September and it was HOT HOT HOT, and it was fun having a thunder storm between the hot sunny periods. When I left Ireland it was overcast.... not windy or raining, just plain dull. When I came back from NY, it was again overcast, but raining.. Yipee

Now its December, and I'm hearing that New York is now having snow storms.... FFS, they get everything over there, and what do we get... overcast rainy days or sunny cold spells.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i prefer 'boring' weather to heat waves, snow storms, flash floods, lightening storms, tornados, hurricanes etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i prefer 'boring' weather to heat waves, snow storms, flash floods, lightening storms, tornados, hurricanes etc. etc.

Aye the flash floods can be a real bitch when your ground floor is under 3ft of water.

This should be changend to a Boring Irish Weather Appreciation thread IMO.

Originally posted by ando

Now its December, and I'm hearing that New York is now having snow storms....

yipeee... I'll be there on Monday :)

location, location, location :( thats all it is....
    You'd be surprised tho, how often it snows in ireland if you build your house high enough and it would rarely be forecast as whats happening at 2 or 3000 feet aint too important.
    On a cold enough rainy wet day( below 4 degree's celcius) , I can take a drive to about four miles from here park the jeep, at the base of the local mountain, or drive on up if the coillte gate is open and I could be in a blizzard, even if it's not sticking.

It's that darn temperate north atlantic drifts fault that I have to go up over 2000 ft to experience this, but heck it's great up there for snow ball fights when it does come.

There was lots there during that thunder episode in October, but none now.

mm

Advertisement