Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Short Guide to Who's Who in the Classical Forum

• 02-11-2003 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

This is just a general guide to the forum;

No nastyness,

Discussion of classical music only unless it's comparative - there are other forums for other styles.

You must agree with me that Ludovico Einaudi and Philip Glass are the best contemporary composers :D (j/k).

My name is Dave, I am a reg on the politics forum and only realised this forum was here the other day - but I have always listened to Classical music, more CFM than Radio 3, my favourite orchestra being either the London Symphonic, the San Francisco Symphonic or my very own Ulster Orchestra.

My favourite composers are Rimsky-Korsakov, Wagner, Ravel, Saint-Saens and Prokofiev. Don't ever ask me my favourite piece because it's like deciding between Terry's chocolate orange and sex in some cases lol.

I'm hoping that you'll all post who you are and your musical preferences in this thread and anything I can help you with too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Hi. My name is Bob. I'm an alcoholic.

:ninja: :) :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Well, at least you replied...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

jenny, how'ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

hi my name is Bob *looks oddly at quank*.hehe
    My name is Rob actually, I like odd mixtures of classical music, classical in general and Russian music :) (among lots of other types that are not classical related).
    Though I don't know much about composers or scores but I know what I like.

And I'd like to rid the world of War and Famine, oh wait, this isn't Miss World!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

My names Alex, I love Classical and orchestral pieces. I have no musical training, just love listening to great emotive music. I've no musical talent and thought Lyric FM is the background soundtrack to my life, I rarely remember composers names.
    Can;t think of anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement