Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WinterGarden - Iceskating comes to the Sunny South East!

Options
  • 21-11-2003 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

WinterGarden in the LeisurePlex has opened!

Has anyone been there yet??

Whats it like??

Is it cheap??

Is the ice cold??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

where exactly is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Google tells me its in waterford and opening on the 29th November, 3500 square feet for icey fun. Ice skating and ice hockey arenas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mossy gets his ice skates ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Google came up short for me :(

Link?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The link was old i'm not surprised u found nothing, the link i found was too a newspaper but the link led to a new story, the info i posted was just in the few lines google had for it :)

Couldn't find the article on the newspaper site either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

finally somehting daecent to do in waterford. its out by ardkeen hospital beside lidl if anyones interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

How much is it and what's the scéal with hiring skates?

i went to the one in smithfield in dublin last year and they gave you the skates there. id imagine its the same here because who the hell in ireland ownes a pair of ice skates? cant remember how much i paid though cause we got it on cred card. probly between a tenner and 20 each. maybe less for under 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by kano476
    finally somehting daecent to do in waterford. its out by ardkeen hospital beside lidl if anyones interested.

Your not one for giving directions are you??

It's well past lidl, the only ting beside lidl is an empty field.

It's on the Dunmore Rd Ring Road, opposite the hospital.

yeah well its on the same bloody road as lidl isnt it?????? ffs if you can find ardkeen then you can find lidl, then you can find ice rink. if not you must be handicapped.
    FOAH!:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kano476
    yeah well its on the same bloody road as lidl isnt it??????

Nope!

Lidl is just off the Dunmore Road, The ice-skating place is on the outer-ring road, which is about half a mile away!

ill repeat my last statement: FOAH!!!!!!!

its all the same f*cking area so please shut up ye nerdy twat.

Well you wouldnt want az to come all the way down from Tipp, get the bus to Lidl and then find out that nothings there!

Anyway, it's open now.

Not sure of the prices, but might be going there this weekend!

Deadly, bring back loadza info plz ;)

It is what it's.

Originally posted by oneweb
    Deadly, bring back loadza info plz ;)

It's either go out on Friday night and get totally legless, or save meh money for an hour of ice-skating...

or get totally legless on a frosty night and have your own version of wintergarden - in your own garden! Wehey! fun for all the family. o.k ive realised you were right about where it is, i was confusing lidl with tesco - my bad. ur still an a$$hole though.

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    It's either go out on Friday night and get totally legless, or save meh money for an hour of ice-skating...
    Go pissed! One of the lads did that this year and didn't fall at all, compared to last year when he didn't stay up at all :D

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Outer ring road... is that where the new Tesco and Beat/WLR is?

Originally posted by bkehoe
    Outer ring road... is that where the new Tesco and Beat/WLR is?

Yup.

@Oneweb: Whats the fun in Iceskating if you dont fall on your ass every 20 seconds??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

LOL My god you ARE all nuts..........for someone like me , with no sense of direction,Ill never find it!! yer instructions are great......lidl ,hospital. ring road.half mile.arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, be nice if we got REAL snow eh?3 feet of it!!

• Advertisement

Google for 'Winter Trips To Austria'

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    Yup.

@Oneweb: Whats the fun in Iceskating if you dont fall on your ass every 20 seconds??
    The almost-falls are far more entertaining than a stratforward splat imo :D Arm-flailing twists and turns as well as a few good screams for ppl to get outta the way!

It is what it's.

ah the best though is when someone who thinks theyre great shoots out into the middle of the rink - realizes they dont know how to stop and slams into the barrier at the other side! saw it happen last year in smithfield flippin brilliant!

Im just so great, I'll be a natural!

Advertisement