Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, we are nearly go!

• 18-11-2003 5:31pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have two captains: Evil Phil (in keeping with his evil status) will be captaining the Right To Die Slowly team while The Vaggabond will be captaining the Nannies of the State team.

I'm going to give them this week to pick their right (and left) hand lieutenants and the following week to get themselves sorted out for arguments and opening statements.

That puts us starting the debate proper on Dec 1st. One post per person per day means the teams will have no more then 21 posts (7 each) to make their compelling case on the motion:

"This government should completely ban smoking in Pubs"

We are still looking for a third judge we currently have my good self and Fergus Cassidy from the Tribune. If you know of a third, and preferably independant judge who might lend his/her gravitas to the judging, please let me know.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Glad to lead the side..

Anyone who really really wants to speak (or indeed type!) on the side that smoking should indeed be banned should PM me..

Otherwise I will approach people over the next few days from the massive long "im intrested" thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

and anybody who would prefer to voice an opinion agaisnt the ban please feel free to pm me. I will be assembling a team over the next couple of days.

Advertisement