Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats your Favourite night Club in Waterford?

• 02-10-2003 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Personally i like the forum/Axis Mundi, the kinda people there are nice not the usual idiots out looking for a fight,good music and a good laugh.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

not a big fan of clubs in waterford.. but i have to agree, Axis Mundi is best of a bad lot although it does tend to get a little crowded..

The forum aint too bad either...

The rest aint worth talking about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ Macie Shaggy Passover

DJ louis in teh Forum...

other than that bring back the Roxy!
    nostailgia need not apply

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Yeah, the Forum on a Saturday night with Louis and Tommy is the only choice. Just a pity it is such a walk from Geoffs, at least the Junction was convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

downes r teh w1N for a saturday nite(if u are going to the forum). geoffs on the other side of town ;)

forum

axis trendi

i kinda like the look of the new ruby's but the prices and music is still the same sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pat27

I like Oxygen, very nice ! the forum is not too bad as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

niteclubs are crap...crap names, crap atmosphere, crap people, crap music, in other words, they're crap!

You cant beat a good pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pat27

it depends on what you wanna do, it is nice after a few drinks to finish the night on the dance floor
    ....to my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

The Forum's good craic on a Saturday night, but nothing comes close to the old pit of hell that was the Roxy, god I miss that place! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

yeah
    thinking about the sweat dropping off the roof always brings a tear to my eye!! :(

God be with the days that people knew who's table was whos and you didn't have to fight for a seat. At least, not and live. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by fozzle
    The Forum's good craic on a Saturday night, but nothing comes close to the old pit of hell that was the Roxy, god I miss that place! :(

Wasnt that the place with the really sticky floors??

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    Wasnt that the place with the really sticky floors??

yeah but it was a nice sticky

it made you feel welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

I'll second that one - so few places with a pool table in it...

new alternative nght starting in sheffs on saturday night

something to rival upstairs in the forum

should be a good un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Beer is Life
    niteclubs are crap...crap names, crap atmosphere, crap people, crap music, in other words, they're crap!

You cant beat a good pub

Depends on the mood you're in, the crowd you're with and the cub you're in. If you're in the mood to dance there's nothing better than going clubbing with a group of mates. If you want to have a proper conversation and not get walked on then the best bet is stay in a late bar.
    Ulysses or Muldoons are the best ones in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

kinda have to agree here..

waterford has pretty crap clubs.

axis mundi is not the place to go anymore.. shame cos i used to actually kinda like it there!

rubys, well its just full of posers and they pack way to many people in there.

oxygen, is where i usually end up.. crap music mostly but a bit more space and a nicer lay out.

havn't made it to ten yet..heard its all right but a lot of scum in there :rolleyes:

don't make it to the forum as much as i'd like. shakedown was a good night the last few nights i was there. went to flytrap once or twice but not really my scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

DJ louis in teh Forum...

other than that bring back the Roxy!
    nostailgia need not apply

I'll second that - remember the chill out room. Used it be called Tastys on a Sat night?

Oxygen is the worst nightclub - I hate it.

Rubys not too bad if you're in good company.

Forum and Axis Mundis the best of a bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

someone needs to bring me out in w'ford.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh the Roxy... I remember it well..

Spent many a drunken night in there when I was a student trying to play pool,
    great craic and always a good night in there any night of the week. ;)

Brought a tear to my eye when I drove past it and saw that the place was
    being levelled. Twas a sad sad day for students in Waterford when that
    closed :(

Tox

someone needs to bring me out in w'ford.

We could always have a Boards Beers in Déiseland ;) .

I'd say Toxic Paddy would be on for it cos I need to hide behind him :D

No seriously though I would be on for a night out for all the south east boards members....

Add name to list if you're interested

Climaxer aka Gemma

• Advertisement

climaxer wrote:
    No seriously though I would be on for a night out for all the south east boards members....
    working here since feburary and only been out once, for OLDYELLERS birthday (some night btw) but if people are organising a beers, im up for it. this saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

count me in also but not this saturday

going to give club 10 a go tomorrow night

Roxy's? i weep thinking about the place. i loved it

Great so we have three people up for a night out in Waterford :) . Unfortunately I can't make it this Saturday - Im going to the dogs in Shelbourne Park with around 15 crazy women!!

How about around 3 weeks time so we can give people a few more people a chance to join in. Maybe Saturday the 9th October? Anyone is welcome just add your name to the list:

Gemma / Climaxer
    Mossy Monk
    Smoke-me-a-kipper

We can start off maybe somewhere quiet so we can introduce ourselves and then go from there. Any suggestions - I think "The Exchange" on Ballybricken would be nice and quiet place to start and then we can head down town......

I'd love to, but I'm in Galway that weekend, but I could do either the previous or the following weekend if anyone's interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Strangly I was always a great fan of Sheffs!!
    Or scorpians at the time, Every thursday night I could be sure that at least one of my mates would be sitting upstairs at our table!! Happy days!!

10 is pants, full of scum...
    axis mundi seems to have something against students?! Althjo they did give out free hot-dogs one night!! Classy!!
    I hate Poxygen... so expensive...
    Rubies is the same really, unless your interested in seeing chris doran prance about!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the clubs in waterford are fairly crappy , although i think i was only in oxygen sober one time , but from what i remember of the others the music kinda sucked , im not into that kinda music anyway but i always seem to get some bouncer coming up telling me to put my shoes back on , if i was pushed i suppose id say the forum , the music not bad and its the nearest one to ballybricken take away and thats a big plus for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

all clubs in waterford are rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the last night i was in oxygen i nearly got sick with the smell of sweat inthere , havent been in there since it was rotten :eek:

thats everywhere now, since they took away my beloved smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

rebel against the rule makers, they make life unbearable. the smoking section in the forum is grand

Advertisement