Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers

• 23-05-2023 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

So what to do with City assets now they have bigger priorities?

Some will be trying to hang onto a lead and others will be trying to narrow the gap

midweek games and potential injuries and suspensions all at play too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Will probably bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Thinking Haaland to Kane, then have a tough decision on captain with him, Rashford and Salah all good options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tempted to get Firmino in, last game and Liverpool cant make CL so he'll surely start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Probably MacAllistar to Eze. Tempted by Isak to Alvarez too.

Currently looking at Grealish to McNeil for a last GW punt, am I mental?

Think I might be overthinking getting a player in a team that has something to play for. Everton to beat Bournemouth on paper looks decent but maybe better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

McNeil might even be playing left back like last week.

That’s changed my mind. I’ll rethink it so, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bruno out for someone.

One last rage transfer to round off this skidmark of a season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Going to be a **** show City, United, resting players, Brighton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle with nothing to play for, only Leicester, Leeds and Everton with anything to play for. Still we’re all in the same boat, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Untied and Newcastle have 3rd place to fight out for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

3rd & 4th mean the same thing to Newcastle really. They got their CL qualification, that's all that matters. Man Utd might rest for the FA cup final / want to avoid injuries.

it's a few million difference in prize money as well, which I'm sure someone in United is interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ll be overly interested in Iheancho’s fitness over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭shmeee

72 points sees a green arrow to 200k.

ML's leader is 24 ahead and 2nd place 23 ahead.

I have to go chasing. Buffer of 30 points back to 4th, top 3 cash.

Gap was 80 points a few GW's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

Spurs and Villa still fighting for 7th and Leeds have to win. Think maybe if you’re chasing Haaland out to Kane and captain him and hope Haaland blanks or is rotated could be a potentially very high upside.

Think that’s what I’ll do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Only 10 points ahead of my nearest challenger (3rd is 20 points behind).

it’s all to play for, IF I can field 11…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I led for months, was caught about 3/4 weeks ago but clawed back to just 5 points behind after a bench boost in Gw37. Thinking of 2 changes to get Eze and McNeil in but v fearful with 3 Utd, 2 city and 3 Brighton players all in my team!!

It's hard to justify a hit this GW too. Not sure if many can cover the hit. Obviously, some player is gonna bang on the final day - someone always does. Predicting who that player will be though, it's very tricky.

Well that’s it - any of the below lads could get 17+ points on final day but equally could all blank.

Barnes, Maddison, Son, Kane, Awaniyi

I took a couple big punts in 37, and happy enough with how they fared now. Not hauls, but they were effective.

The question now is do I gamble again for one of the players with a lower EO that can bang, or play it safe for Kane's 6/7? I am chasing so the former is probably more appealing, but it's just a matter of picking one I am happy with. Kane is the easy pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Surely Maddison or Barnes have to get the thumb out on Sunday?

Dunno whether to keep Bruno now or what...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Salah was my "safe" captain choice. Now even that might be dodgy.

I'd take a guess that Elliott & Gomez will start anyways going by that, probably Nunez too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I messed up last week by selling Watkins instead of Isak. Watkins a much better option now this week. Really not sure what to do, probably wait til as close as possible to deadline before making any moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm 10pts clear of main rival. He has Kane, I have Bruno. Is a -4 worth it to do Bruno+Wilson to McNeil+Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Hmmm… thinking out loud here…

DDG/Raya

Trippier Estupinan Konate

Gros Salah Mac Rashford

Wilson Haaland Isak

(Stones, Grealish, Dalot)

Im 10 points ahead of Rival who has currently:

DDG/Raya

Trip Dunk TAA White

Mac Eze Mahrez

Wilson Kane Haaland

(Dias, Martinelli, Joelinton)

I have one FT, so

Keepers: Play Raya, has something to play for, should get save points.

Def: Trip, Est to play, might move out Dalot (who’ll probably score and keep a clean sheet)

Mids: Gross, Mac, Rashford - should play, Salah - Don’t think he’ll play. Could move out Grealish who definitely won’t play.

strikers: Wilson- might get 5 minutes, Isak probably play, Haaland - who knows, but he looks like he really enjoys playing so he might play.

Teams that have something to play for:

Newcastle? I’m sure their fans would love it if they knock United to fourth.

Spurs? But do they really want to play in the Europa Conference League? It’s a far cry from when they were going to join the Super League (😂)

Villa? Probably want it more than Spurs. could take a punt on Douglas Luiz for Grealish. He’s their in form player with low ownership. Might even be tempted to take a hit to get him in*

Brentford? They have an outside chance of getting Europe. Mbeumo could be a punt here for Wilson.

Down the other end, Everton Leicester Leeds.

I think Leeds are done for, and Leicester are so uninspiring, and Everton have so many red and yellow flags they could set up at a lifeguard hut on a beach. I have no idea where their players are going to play. Why move McNeil after he scores 2 goals and 2 assists?

I think it’ll be Leicester joining Leeds and Southampton in the Championship, so steering clear.

after writing all that out, I think I’m going with

Raya

Trip Estupinan Stones

Gross Mac D.Luiz(c) Rashford

Mbuemo Haaland Wilson

Bench: DDG Dalot Salah Konate

for -4.

*mental note, Delete the app and block the website from my phone when I go out later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

4 points down on a rival. he has double United defence so half thinking of getting one there as a bit of a blocker.

Punts would be Dwight McNeill or Ollie Watkins. Everton with everything to play for home to Bournemouth. Reckon Brighton V Villa could be high scoring.

I'll wait till Sunday anyway to hear some leaks hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Surely Bobby firmino starts in his last pool game as its a dead rubber? I'm half tempted to captain him even. I've a feeling Erling won't start, he doesnt seem to get injured much but surely would be madness to risk it ahead of the 2 cup finals? Think bruno might get a rest also as he has played nearly every game. Maybe Rashford gets some minutes to get up to speed for FA cup , although he got a good run out last night. Maybe garnacho could be a fun punt for the final weekend. Is grealish definitely out? Thinking he might get some minutes to get up to speed ahead of the final. Currently thinking EBH / Bruno to Firmino and garnacho, but my head is wrecked thinking about it.

Advertisement