Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eSports Boxing Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Its a pity its so hard/expensive to get all the major fighters even with all their money EA never got Mayweather. I doubt this game will have Joshua, Fury, Canelo, Ali or Tyson but hopefully they have PES level of licence dodging customisation. Them saying created fighters can be shared is promising I guess.

Probably looks like ass now but I remember Fight Night 3 was the first HD game I played and it was amazing even though the sweat and spit was excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dohboy

Interesting to see how this turns out. Lots of expectation/hope around it, for a small studio effort. Just shows how desperate boxing fans are for a new game. If it's good, it will get lots of community support, you'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Same here when it comes to combat sports, UFC/MMA all the way for me but never really got on with Ea's games. This looks interesting - I'm more interested in career mode/create a fighter than just jumping in and choosing an OP star, but it'll be fun to play as the likes of Jack Dempsey or Sugar Ray Robinson. If the career mode is decent I might be on board, price depending. Not sure I'll spend €60 on a boxing game, 40 at a push I think. I've found over the years that casual players tend to prefer over the top fighting games for 2-player over boxing, they get bored easier as they're not so pick up and play. And when I buy a fighting game I like others to have a bash , still play Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur with the kids, not sure they'd enjoy the boxing as much but I might!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Could go along a path of The Golf Club (now PGA Tour 2K) hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I got great fun from the Fight Night games, and this is from someone who doesn't really like boxing in general. They were just entertaining games to play. No interest in big names, but I'd imagine that's what fans of the sport will want. Will keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭akelly02

christ if this comes out im all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New roster update video, they managed to get Ali!

Sugar Ray Leonard, Riddick Bowe, Larry Holmes, Tommy Morrison, Michael Hunter, Sebastian Fundora, Lawrence Okolie, Mark Johnson, Kevin Kelley, Katie Taylor, Delfine Persoon, Lucian Bute, Murdodjon AKHAMADLIEV, Israil Madrimov, Bektemir Melikuziev, Sharkhram Giyasov, Dimitry Bivol, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Hector Camacho sr., Hector Camacho jr., Jake Lamotta, Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko and Muhammad Ali

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ali and Taylor excellent stuff, the video had a whiff of infomerical about it, how many times did the guy say but wait there's more

recyclops wrote: »
    Ali and Taylor excellent stuff, the video had a whiff of infomerical about it, how many times did the guy say but wait there's more

I'd only watched a bit and glanced the names of which most I don't recognise and completely missed Katie was added, that's absolutely class!

The worrying thing about the roster reveal is lack of any in-game coverage etc, so I'll remail hopeful but skeptical.

This may end up being a big whimper of a game (hoping not) which is only boosted by its roster.

Also hope it's not going to be like PGA 2K21 where you couldn't actually play as the licenced golfers in it, but rather they were just in the game on leaderboards etc. Not sure if they've confirmed that they're playable characters yet, have they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dohboy

Personally wouldn't care about rosters full of legends or real-life fighters. Playing Fight Night was always, for me, about creating my own fella and having him rise up the ranks, fighting against random NPCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

callaway92 wrote: »
    The worrying thing about the roster reveal is lack of any in-game coverage etc, so I'll remail hopeful but skeptical.

This may end up being a big whimper of a game (hoping not) which is only boosted by its roster.

Also hope it's not going to be like PGA 2K21 where you couldn't actually play as the licenced golfers in it, but rather they were just in the game on leaderboards etc. Not sure if they've confirmed that they're playable characters yet, have they?

In a boxing game, there’s no way I can think of that any fighter would be unplayable. It makes sense in golf games as they can just license the names of every golfer without their likeness and it probably costs a lot less (EA always did this too in their PGA tour games, it’s not just a 2K thing).

When it comes to boxing, you can just license a name without having the likeness and character model too, it makes no sense. It remains to be seen how true to life each boxer will be (stance, guard, movement etc.) but every name they’ve released so far will be playable, you can be certain of that.

Really hope the gameplay is solid of course, it’s the most important thing and as seen in the latest EA UFC game, a top class roster means nothing if it’s not fun to play or lacking in depth.

E3 Trailer shown last night. Says PC early access later in 2021 and console release after that.

Gameplay updates, looking so slick and big improvement on the March gameplay. They've scrapped their plans for early access this summer as they refuse to release early when they can make it better and want to release it properly. Next update they'll give on release will be an actual release window. Lastly, Tyson Fury has been added to the roster.

Wilder added apparantly.

Cant wait to land a few bombs with him . With the right hand surely there wont be any man with more power stats.

ESBC is sponsoring Irish combat media Fight Connect TV but not only that, they will be in the game with host Lydia being scanned an all. The cover all the local mma shows, it's great to see them being added to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That is cool. That will probably win over a few people at least on this side of the world! Wonder if they're doing the same with loads of local smaller stations/channels. Excellent idea in fairness.

New gameplay video with updates, looking really nice, some great improvements there.

When is this out?

Everyones first exhibition match when they get this is using wilder vs fury , try to land that big right bomb!

• Advertisement

No release date yet which most of the comments seem to be about. Since they got more investors onboard, they are taking their time to make the best game the can, which is a nice change of pushing it out the door. Hopefully released this year though.

It's changed it's name to Undisputed and is currently in Early Access on PC. I haven't been following it though, waiting for a console release so not sure what reception it's getting at the moment.

it really needs to be released on console now

Advertisement