Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical officer Dublin City Council 2022

• 10-05-2022 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Application process closed late February and shortlist was announced recently. Anyone have any idea on a timeline to actually be called to interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 helpagirlout22

I know 2 people called last week, I haven't been called yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Edlarkinm

Thanks for the info. Actually surprised they are calling people already, good to hear 👍

,f

Post edited by Edlarkinm on

Hi @helpagirlout22, I don't suppose you have any updates re this? Thanks

Hi guys, any chance anyone has an update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Can anyone give me examples or what they are likely to ask at the interview? I have one coming up and would love to have an idea as to what to study for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I work for DCC so hopefully I can help. Firstly know your form inside out, I can't stress enough the amount of people who turn up to interview who have their competency examples prepared yet when asked simple questions about their Work History / Education they look at you like a deer in headlights!

The interview itself focuses on 4-5 Competiences so have 2 examples for each one, but insure to structure your answers in the STAR format - Situation, Task, Action, Result. That's how the board will mark you but always stick to the questions asked. So if they ask for an example about dealing with a difficult customer and how you resolved it, don't talk about a difficult task you were assigned. Because if you do you'll get no marks. The trick is to listen to the question and take 5-10 seconds to process what you're going say, that way you won't start talking about something completely irrelevent.

Have a basic knowlege of how the Council functions .i.e Budget, Services it provides, How it's financed, Role of Councillors etc. You won't need to go into crazy detail at Clerical Officer Level, the board just wants to see that you took the time to learn about the Council and every answer you give falls into 'Organisational Awareness' so it's a great way of picking up marks! The interview last about 20-25 mins so it flies in and don't worry if it ends earlier than that, that just means you hit the competiences and the interview Board doesn't need to ask any more questions. (Great Sign tbh).

As far as i'm aware the interviews are over Microsoft Teams? So make sure you test your set-up as you don't want any I.T problems on the day of your interview. Best of luck 😀

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write that information it was very helpful, i will let you know how i get on!

So an update on the interview, i thought it went really well answered all the questions, I come from a manger based background so talked about managing my team etc The lady beside him was doing an awful lot of writing she definitely had written an a4 sheet and more and she also had questions for me.

Only thing that put me off was at the end i asked was it an interview for a panel and he said yes and not everyone makes the panel and its very competitive, kind of threw me a bit and made me less confident is this normal?

Thanks for the update, I was actually wondering how you got on. From the sounds of it, it went well! I wouldn't worry about the Panel business, all interviewees are placed on a panel in order of merit. If you have managerial experience that will defintely stand to you as not only will you be able to work independently but can work as part of a team (Great combo!) Plus you can use that for future interviews, I think the Grade 4 (Assistant Staff Officer) interviews will be in the new year so you could get promoted pretty quickly.

If you've never done a compentency interview before they can throw you, I've been there myself. DCC was the first one I've ever done. the thing is the inrterview board want you to pass, so the more questions they ask the better as they are trying to get more marks from you. If they don't ask many questions that's a bad sign as they can't see you in the position.

I'd say you'll hear in the next week or so how you got on. Let me know how you got on 😊

• Advertisement

Just got an email to say i got 10th on the panel, i cant believe it, does that give me a good chance of being called?

10th? Let me put it this way....Welcome to DCC. You'll be called 100%! You obviously hit the competencies to score so high. Well done 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smoochs!

I know this thread is for CO in DCC, I didn't see one for ASO, I just got my result back from my interview I got placed 144th on the panel. I'm delighted to get on the panel, but im feeling my chances of getting offered the Job pretty low considering my OOM, anyone have any insights how many assistant Staff officers DCC might call to fill positions over the year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shellyc123__

I'm on this panel too and was wondering the same!! let me know if you find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shellyc123__

If it helps, I was 14 on the panel and just got offered a place yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hi I just done an interview for dcc clerical .

Was wondering about others experiences as mine only lasted about 15 mins and none of the questions I was expecting were asked .

Does anyone know how many people they need from this recruitment Tia.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hi just informed I was successful and placed 23rd on panel

Does any one know if there is many jobs not sure they will reach 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rmtoh

Anyone have any idea how far down the Assistant Staff Officer panel DCC have got so far?

Advertisement