Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Just checked and yes, have 3 reversals - not as good as the Supervalu days where we got to keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭BigMoose

The buggers have just taken 37 tier points off me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Does anyone know when the new period starts to avail of free flights on credit card? I got a new card in April 22, hit 5k limit and received 2 free flights in July 22.

I need to make a big purchase which on its own will send me over 5k limit. I'm wondering when to make the purchase so I can get the flights. Anyone help ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's renewal date I'm fairly sure.

As previous poster mentioned it's renewal date, it if you log into your Aer Credit Card it's on the dashboard along with the free lounge access vouchers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Wish they had told us. I was 11 points away from Platinum so had booked a weekend away to London… waste of a trip now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SPC1759

Yes - and somehow I’ve ended up with negative tier points! Looks like whoever automated the process failed to take account of tier points being zeroed where the anniversary fell between them being wrongly added and later removed…

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭TheBetsy

Hi all, I was recently awarded just 7.5 tier points each way for a flight I took in saver. I was a bit surprised as at the time of booking these tickets were not on sale/discounted and not bargain basement price either. Is it normal for tickets purchased outside of a sale to fall into these fare classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is there any reliable way to book reward flights through the Avios website?

It seems to hang 8/10 times I run a search. Incredibly annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭TheBetsy

Clear all browser data and cookies and try incognito mode!

• Advertisement

Bargain basement price is a point of judgement - when you are booking it is possible to see the fare code which will apply to the ticket

From their website -

You can check whether your fare is a Saver sale or promotional fare when booking on aerlingus.com. Once you have selected your Saver fare you will see the "About your fare" section and under Taxes, Fees and Charges, click the 'Fare Rules' link located at the bottom of the screen to view the Fare Basis Code. The fare class is the first letter of the fare basis code. The fare classes noted above earn 50% of the Saver award.

Please note that our website will always offer you the lowest price for the fare type requested. If you wish to avail of a fare which has a higher Tier Credit award when a lower fare is available, please contact our reservations team who will be happy to assist you in making your reservation. For reservation contact details click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Would it not be easier to clearly state the points and credits that you will earn alongside the fare rather than having people click here and there. It can't be that hard to do, the fare code is known so just link it up.

It may even encourage people to buy a higher fare to get the extra points.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Quite normal unfortunately - you’d need to check the fare class at the final page before booking - if you want a fare class that’s not Saver you’d need to call them.

it’s hard to tell based on price honestly - better just to check the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I requested a free upgrade using my platinum Aer club and they said they put in the request. Any idea how long should take before you can take it that it’s not approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

It would be far better, but this is Aer Lingus you're talking about.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what points/credits you're supposed to get since there's at fair chance they won't be credited properly anyway.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

You need at least 5 working days prior to the flight as per the T&C. I requested my platinum upgrade Jan 18th for flight on the 27th to Miami and heard in 3 days. (Surprisingly they granted it as business was completely full when I boarded)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I booked reward lights for my parents to CDG and after putting in my card details the website crashed. I tried it again the following day and same thing happened again. My card was charged twice and I’ve no confirmation of my tickets being booked. Anyone know what the least painful way to fix this is?

Flights not til May.

I requested it 5 working days ago and nothing yet.

That is just brilliant! I'm convinced they employ a student to go through flight lists manually to add tier points. No other reason I can see that it takes so long and is often wrong!

In my experience they are usually much quicker than that - if you have checked the booking to see if upgraded and they have just not contacted you (with no change), give them a call - may need a prod to push it through the system - I have always found them very accommodating of upgrade requests. one of few good features of this program for me.

• Advertisement

I mailed them and they said they cant accommodate it as theyve used all the upgrades already. They said to try again no less than 3 weeks before I fly. I'm not sure if I should wait or ask for it for the other leg of the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone used combine Avias recently. Trying to transfer from BA to EI but the website just says its currently unavailable and has for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Account details need to be exactly the same for it work seamlessly in my experience (exact same address/name/date of birth).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

They were the same as I did it before but just reupdated the address for both and its worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hi, just wondering how it works if you reach a status just before your anniversary.

As is, I'm probably about a flight short of reaching Concierge before my anniversary in July (excluding already planned flights). If I reach Concierge, do I only get a month or so at that level and then drop back to Platinum or do I get Concierge until July 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

From memory (although it's been a while since I was anything other than silver) you get the year but your anniversary date moves forward to when you go up a tier. So you dont get a year + whatever's left until your anniversary like some airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Just wondering if you folks could give me a bit of advice. Booked reward flights last night and received all the documentation for travel this morning, pretty painless so far. I managed to add the flights to the Aer Lingus app, and it says check in is in XX days, all pretty normal. However the documentation says to bring them to check in. My question is, Am I able to check in on the app like normal, or do I have to go to the desk to check in and check the luggage at the Airport on day of travel? I called Aer Lingus this morning to reserve the seats and I asked, but he couldn’t really give me an answer and didn’t have time to push him on it. The Flight is not until June so there’s no rush. I just want to make sure and not assume anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

its a joke! I usually call them and they admit its dog slow

• Advertisement

My experience with reward (and companion) flights is that you can check in as normal, online/app or at the machines in the airport - I had the same concern as you using my 1st one but, no issues. It also failed to show a checked bag but, when I went to the bag drop machine, no issues.

Advertisement