Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but don't be a fool like me and buy the PS5 tourist edition upgrade. Have to contact Sony support for a refund tomorrow so I can purchase the PS4 upgrade, which will then make the PS5 version free.... I knew I should have stuck with my guns and not paid it out of principle!

As an aside, I did buy the Thumper upgrade. If you really want to experience the headset haptics, this is the game to do it. I readjusted my seating half way through a level and I was suddenly very close to the events and it made it far more intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Surely with Gamestop more than likely shutting all stores now the exclusivity for PSVR2 products will move to Smyths in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

woah .. is PSVR2 exclusive to Gamestop!?? I was away so missed that bit...

Yeah it appears so can't get anything psvr2 related on Smyths or Argos (but argos shutting shop too)

Finally got through to Playstation support on chat, quick and easy refund. Just not quick and easy to get through...

• Advertisement

Gave Pavlov another go, now I'm finally getting into it..

Some guns and grenades can be annoying but it is an amazing game now glad I gave it more time..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

The Last Worker out today and on offer on PSN. No reviews yet but based on few impressions I've seen it's meant to be pretty good.

Might get it later.

Gorn released for PSVR 2 .. I believe its free upgrade I bought mine on Turkish PSN so won't be fit to check till later

Is it any good? It looks like a bit of a laugh, but in the same vein as Goat Simulator, where the fun lasts a short time.

I never got much into it, too busy playing Deceive INC (Non-VR) and Pavlov during my spare time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭jj880

Apparently GameStop staff been told to expect stores closing this Summer. Was waiting to see if a bundle would come out for Christmas but would prefer to get from a store and not online. Maybe Smyths would take over sales by then.

Gave Ace Combat 7 a go finally (on PS4 PSVR) as I'd picked up a HOTAS recently.

First time using my PSVR in a few years.

It's great to get a sense of flight in VR, and the missions are enjoyable, but my God I didn't realise how far we've come visually with VR as the PSVR was a complete blurfest compared to what I've been used to on Quest 2 for the past few years.

Felt like I'd taken off a pair of prescription lenses... I still have a fair few games on the backlog for PSVR but not sure I'll be able to tackle them without getting headaches... I'll try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Don't think they'll port 7 over, aren't they working on 8 and most likely make that PSVR2 compatible.

They would hopefully make the entire game VR compatible as they did with Gran Turismo, rather than just having a few select levels for the VR mode.

Well Sony set the bar high and showed that massive games can be in VR if the intent is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Some good games on sale starting today..check store/wishlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Assume this will mean the end of GS exclusivity in Ireland. Needed of course with them closing soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Probably gonna be listing my VR for sale, baby on the way plus having a hard time with motion sickness. Feel nauseous before even getting into a race in Gran Turismo. Not going to bother putting a fan in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Played many a demo and a few games over the years, and usually did ok, but in GT I got dizzy inside about 20sec. Terrible game for motion sickness.

Also, kids or myself have not used the VR now for quite a while. Anyone any idea what it would be worth? Got the headset, 2 move controllers and the gun.

I had same as you. Sold the whole lot for 150 euro. Wasn't long shifting it. Gone inside a week.

Edit: I see astrobot rescue mission is on cex for a tenner (stock in Letterkenny). Should have got that and threw it in too. Pretty sure once anyone demos that game theyd pay extra. Also worth getting and finishing yourself first if you haven't already. Still haven't found a better VR game.

Post edited by jj880 on

ah really, you got rid of the PSVR2? But you're ok on Quest 2 right?

Havent took the plunge on PSVR2 yet but yeah will be keeping Quest 2 for sure.

Was responding to @NIMAN who I think is selling a PSVR1 with gun and move controllers? Unless Ive got that all wrong 🙃

I dunno I'm lost on the whole thread.. I think everyone is referring to PSVR2 now 🤣

Fyi Walkabout Mini Golf on PSVR2 (out May 11th) will have the same "Whole In One" bundle that's now available on Quest. Includes main game and all 10 DLC courses for 35 euro (13 euro saving on quest) so would expect a similar discount for PSVR2. I have them all. Can't recommend enough. Still my favourite Quest 2 game.

Can't wait for this ... everyone that owns VR needs this game ... Missing some of the DLC on quest, but will be buying that bundle... surprised no pre ordering.. also another fisherman's tale out tomorrow too

€35 is good value for everything. May treat myself.

• Advertisement

Pistol Whip ps4+ps5 20% off.

Advertisement