Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Once it sinks in properly, booking us in for a meal next Wednesday in a spot that has great reviews, am back to work tomorrow so not getting time to celebrate this week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrat gremlin!

Would you like a sephers special coffee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You'll savour that meal all the more from it marinating in the glow of your well deserved success.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

In other news, I'm going to wear a lovely dress today. This decision is based entirely on my slightly improved outlook on life and NOTHING whatsoever to do with the unattended laundry mountain. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Rien. Nope. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations Grem 🥂🍾🎉🎊🎊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Great news, Grem! I hope the change in hours suits and you have more time off.

When's the promotion party? Sardi is already dressed up for it so I'd better make an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That’s great news Grem, congratulations! 🎉🥂🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Brilliant Grem, delighted for you. As it happens I'm going out for an hour this evening so I'll have to have a 🍺 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭apache

May I add my congrats?

Waiting on an important phone call there and 2 numbers I didn't recognise rang so I thought I'd better answer them. One was from work which I wished I didn't answer. The other was from the bank who are ringing back tomorrow. I needed a bit of time to prepare. I didn't want to be like a deer in the headlights!

FML.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Out for a walk and bumped into a neighbour, one who I’d not seen in about 18 months, has to be about 80 at least… dressed in exercise gear and motoring like there is no tomorrow, could put themselves down for the Dublin marathon..having previously been VERY overweight .. good to see.

around the following corner, in contrast, another neighbour roughly the same vintage who I’d know more well and from the boozer. But looking his age and some. An auld dowdy anorak on him and looking absolutely ancient compared to the last time I’d seen him… not looking in the best of health…. Suddenly an old man, which I suppose he is but he hopefully is just feeling his age rather than the ill effects of anything. He’s one of my absolute favourite people , a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Love the OH's cooking, Gado Gado :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Congrats, Grem!! 🥳🥳🎉🎈🎉🎈😊

Well deserved - and I hope your hours will be easier going forward.

Met an AA buddy for a cuppa and a catch up in town after work and then had a mosey around the LEGO store on Grafton St.

I just could not resist...its a recreation of the classic Legoland space mothership from the early 80s. 😁😁

Here's some pics from my LEGO shop visit...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Wondering what my best plan is for tomorrow. I have an appointment in Dublin at3 , a 2 and a half hour drive. But these last 2 nights I've slept to 6 and 7 pm. So I might stay up. !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I need to take a trip to Dubby land to that shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Well done Grem !!

Hopefully less nights !!

You'd be in no fit state to drive tomorrow afternoon. Maybe if it was a morning appointment but driving there and back tomorrow afternoon is very risky.

There must be someone who can call in or phone you to make sure you get up?

Have you been to Legoland in England? One of my best memories taking my boy there. I'm not even a Lego fan but it's a brilliant experience.

• Advertisement

No , I need a scan . So going to bed now and setting alarms . Ah as long as I leave plenty of time im sure ill be grand . Sure the traffic around Molesworth street can’t be too bad 🥵

Not the UK one, Purple, but my mum and dad took me to the original Legoland in Billund in Denmark (where LEGO originated and is headquartered) for my 11th Birthday way back in 1986. 🥰😊

Spoilt I was! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ah Legoland and Lego. Done it all and still going. Windsor and Billund. Still a big set from Star Wars to make.

Waiting for my microwave shepards pie to finish in the microwave, then bed at 12 when wordle comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nesppresso time on the balcony. This is why I love sitting here in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I remember getting that in the '80s, I think well after they made those railway sets as it was impossible to get additional or replacement blue tracks.

Have a cold today. But ok to work from home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got the hair chopped as a treat yesterday, normally do it myself.. Few celebratory drinks then home to mind Mrs G. Her cold is being a stubborn bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Daffodil Day!!!! This year it means a lot more to me than usual ♥️

Mrs G has bronchitis, let the mollycoddling begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Daffodil day is so important. My little son was one of the first to avail of their end of life services so long ago. It meant we were able to have him home for the last few days where he was happy and slipped peacefully away.

Advertisement